What's new

What is the best 4G network for a tourist in Pakistan?

In northern areas they have scom sims. Which according to my contacts is the worst sevrice mankind has witnessed.
Ptcl broadband usb internet is good but dont know about coverage at every spot . Of the phone zong and mobilink could be better. Rural and northern areas coverage about that i got no clue . I Would suggest buy two ,three sims they come very cheap , and get the packages and then you can check which one works better or make use of another sim on which internet speed is good when one sims service is spotty
Thanks...are there any data-only sims/usb dongles available? Because mainly we will use whatsapp and other service to keep our families updated as some of the parents/spouses of my colleagues have made it a pre-condition to be in contact and update them regularly...

frabz-This-is-Ancient-HISTORY-58c758.jpg
:lol: Well, google needs to update its info then :)

I suggest you buy two sims, one is mobilink for calling (if you are planning to visit northern areas towards China border), and Zong (for 4G network in major urban and suburban cities).
I reckon you have posted the exact opposite, Zong reached small towns in Northern areas before any network. It still is the only available in many areas i know. Nothing compares to Zong in northern areas, the rest aren't even trying in those parts.

I reckon you have posted the exact opposite, Zong reached small towns in Northern areas before any network. It still is the only available in many areas i know. Nothing compares to Zong in northern areas, the rest aren't even trying in those parts.

Actually, Zong has the widest coverage for 4G, but it doesn't mean it can beat mobilink 3G service coverage in the rest of Pakistan. For calling, mobilink is still the best, but unfortunately, they only have 3G?

Warid!! It is bloody good I have used it successfully for 3 years and no complaints.

Thank you buddy, that's really helpful info.

You info is identical to what the webpage shared by @PakSword. Thanks...One guestion that still bugs me, can the foreigners buy sims in Pakistan or I have to use my POC for all the sims?

Don't even think about buying sim on your ID card for anyone other than yourself!

They can get on their passports..
Oh thank you...If I buy multiple sims, I keep them...I may let them use to update their families though my whatsapp and other service since we are all connected but they use their sims for calling and privacy. :tup::tup:

Oh thank you...If I buy multiple sims, I keep them...I may let them use to update their families though my whatsapp and other service since we are all connected but they use their sims for calling and privacy. :tup::tup:

And when you go back, cancel your sim cards..

Thanks...are there any data-only sims/usb dongles available? Because mainly we will use whatsapp and other service to keep our families updated as some of the parents/spouses of my colleagues have made it a pre-condition to be in contact and update them regularly...
This for your laptop incase you need https://www.ptcl.com.pk/Personal/Broadband/usb-wifi

Warid data only sim http://www.waridtel.com/internet

https://www.zong.com.pk/internet/internet-sim-plans

Plus both zong and warid offer mifi service. You can buy a mifi usb and can connect multiple devices with it or your friends could also use internet form that hotspot though speed will be slowed if more than one would use. Please get more info at service centres or any spot where their sims are sold.

Please tell your friends to buy their own sims on their own identity. For tourists they use passport copies to sell a sim.

Do I have to do that before leaving Pakistan or I can do it from abroad using some online service?

You can do it from abroad, but they need your thumb impression. I think mobile companies accept scanned thumb impressions.

Actually, Zong has the widest coverage for 4G, but it doesn't mean it can beat mobilink 3G service coverage in the rest of Pakistan. For calling, mobilink is still the best, but unfortunately, they only have 3G?
Could be, but i was talking more about northern areas where Zong is widely used. In some areas it is the only available network too.
I have to use my POC for all the sims?
You can't just buy a sim and expect it to work, it has to be registered.

Back
Top Bottom