What's new

What is the best 4G network for a tourist in Pakistan?

war&peace

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys I will be visiting Pakistan soon with some foreigners who have been keenly interested in this best kept secret of the world and asking me to arrange a trip to Pakistan with them.

Thus, we plan to travel far and wide and explore this beautiful country including Karachi, south of Punjab (Multan), Lahore, Islamabad and mainly the northern areas within a month ...so we will be on constant move.

One of the major concern is to remain in contact with friends and families using the internet and thus we need to know which service is the best?
All I know is that these are the major networks in Pakistan
  • Utelephone
  • Telenor
  • Mobile link
  • Instatelephone
  • Uphone
  • Voda
  • AT&T
So can you please guide me which of these service providers is the best in terms of coverage, data rate (4G/3G), reliability, signal strengh and also cost.
I will request Pakistani friends and those overseas Pakistanis who have recently visited Pakistan.

@Arsalan @Starlord@PakSword @PaklovesTurkiye

Last edited:
I maybe of little help, but , let's see,
I recommend keeping two sims mobile phone. i have used Zong and warid. now warid has been absorbed in mobilink.
Zong works pretty well in urban areas , when you get out of main cities, chances are that there will be outages, there rates are good enough. Now about warid , they offer only 4g, and unfortunately my mobile had only 3g, so i could only use it's internet after it warid merged with mobilink, it net remains up , even out of urban areas but mostly it's speeds fluctuates alot as per my experience. others could tell better, specially about other networks like telenor and ufone. one more thing zong doesn't work well where there are basements, it's signals get lost completely. Although i have heard pretty good things about it's 4g device, for the speed it offers is brilliant.

Guys I will be visiting Pakistan soon with some foreigners who have been keenly interested in this best kept secret of the world and asking me to arrange a trip to Pakistan with them.

Thus, we plan to travel far and wide and explore this beautiful country including Karachi, south of Punjab (Multan), Lahore, Islamabad and mainly the northern areas within a month ...so we will be on constant move.

One of the major concern is to remain in contact with friends and families using the internet and thus we need to know which service is the best?
  • Utelephone
  • Telenor
  • Mobile link
  • Instatelephone
  • Uphone
  • Voda
  • AT&T
So can you please guide me which of these service providers is the best in terms of coverage, data rate (4G/3G), reliability, signal strengh and also cost.
I will request Pakistani friends and those overseas Pakistanis who have recently visited Pakistan.

@Arsalan @Starlord@PakSword @PaklovesTurkiye @Zibago

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bang...-than-india-pakistan-far-behind.504029/unread

If they are coming to use internet why not take them to Bongladesh.

I'd go for Mobile link .. Don't go for Djuice or Telenor , i use it and its garbage .. my brother use Ufone and its Average .. cant say about others including Zong ..
Enjoy your stay in Karachi ..

• Utelephone
  • Telenor
  • Mobile link
  • Instatelephone
  • Uphone
  • Voda
  • AT&T

In northern areas they have scom sims. Which according to my contacts is the worst sevrice mankind has witnessed.
Ptcl broadband usb internet is good but dont know about coverage at every spot . Of the phone zong and mobilink could be better. Rural and northern areas coverage about that i got no clue . I Would suggest buy two ,three sims they come very cheap , and get the packages and then you can check which one works better or make use of another sim on which internet speed is good when one sims service is spotty
i use almost all of them zong and telenor are best
He is looking for coverage in far off areas, villages rural parts, nortern areas.

In northern areas they have scom sims. Which according to my contacts is the worst sevrice mankind has witnessed.
Ptcl broadband usb internet is good but dont know about coverage at every spot . Of the phone zong and mobilink could be better. Rural and northern areas coverage about that i got no clue . I Would suggest buy two ,three sims they come very cheap , and get the packages and then you can check which one works better or make use of another sim on which internet speed is good when one sims service is spotty

He is looking for coverage in far off areas, villages rural parts, nortern areas.
i think zong have covered all over Pakistan

I maybe of little help, but , let's see,
I recommend keeping two sims mobile phone. i have used Zong and warid. now warid has been absorbed in mobilink.
Zong works pretty well in urban areas , when you get out of main cities, chances are that there will be outages, there rates are good enough. Now about warid , they offer only 4g, and unfortunately my mobile had only 3g, so i could only use it's internet after it warid merged with mobilink, it net remains up , even out of urban areas but mostly it's speeds fluctuates alot as per my experience. others could tell better, specially about other networks like telenor and ufone. one more thing zong doesn't work well where there are basements, it's signals get lost completely. Although i have heard pretty good things about it's 4g device, for the speed it offers is brilliant.
thank you...now what I've understand is that I need to buy two sims: one from Mobilink and another from Zong?
I have a few mobiles, they are all 4G but only accept single sim..is there any decent dual sim mobile with good battery life..?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bang...-than-india-pakistan-far-behind.504029/unread

If they are coming to use internet why not take them to Bongladesh.
Seriously...?
Sir, You think that someone is coming from EU/Sweden to Pakistan for using internet?

all I see since I came here are Zong billboards
Well, but what is your experience with their service?

Last edited:
thank you...now what I've understand is that I need to buy two sims: one from Mobilink and another from Zong?
I have a few mobiles, they are all 4G but only accept single sim..is there any decent dual sim mobile with good battery life..?

Seriously...?
Sir, You think that someone is coming from EU/Sweden to Pakistan for using internet?

Well, but what is your experience with their service?

zong is excellent :tup:

• Instatelephone
frabz-This-is-Ancient-HISTORY-58c758.jpg

I'd go for Mobile link .. Don't go for Djuice or Telenor , i use it and its garbage .. my brother use Ufone and its Average .. cant say about others including Zong ..
Enjoy your stay in Karachi ..
Thanks...it looks more people are recommending Mobile link but we may need to go for a dual sim solution to cover both cities and outside of the cities..
Karachi is one of my favorite cities. I have good memories and I have always found people of Karachi to be polite, well-mannerd and educated.

Thanks...it looks more people are recommending Mobile link but we may need to go for a dual sim solution to cover both cities and outside of the cities..
Karachi is one of my favorite cities. I have good memories and I have always found people of Karachi to be polite, well-mannerd and educated.

Karachi is changed a lot , but yes Karachi is very multi-cultural city :) you are most welcome here wish you have a great time

• Utelephone
  • Telenor
  • Mobile link
  • Instatelephone
  • Uphone
  • Voda
  • AT&T

I have used Zong and Warid only. No idea about others. I use Zong for internet, and Warid for mobile calling. Zong is the largest, Warid is the second largest 4G-LTE network.

I haven't had any problem when I used Zong or Warid for internet. However, if you are planning to visit Balochistan, or extreme north of Pakistan, I would suggest you get Mobilink, which has the largest cellular service in Pakistan, almost in all cities and villages across Pakistan. Its internet sucks though (actually, I don't know if they provide 4G services in Pakistan).

I suggest you buy two sims, one is mobilink for calling (if you are planning to visit northern areas towards China border), and Zong (for 4G network in major urban and suburban cities).

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom