What's new

What is actual BD defence budget?

why does NATO recommend a defence budget worth 4% of the GDP to properly fund armed forces?

i said it but again i am repeating - BD needs within 2020-

1. 3 sqd fighter jet- 2sqd for BAF, 1 for BN
2. 2 regiment tank
3. Attack helicopter
4. 2 submarine
5. Long range air defence missile
6. Guided Missile Frigate
7. Aviation wing of BGB with good attack helicopter
8. For Patrolling in border area build concrete road
9. Cruise missile for anti ship & land

One major thing is change the foreign policy then all equipment purchasing will effective.

We need nukes. Can we buy a couple from NK? I'm willing to pay even 20 billion for a pair of them.

No amount of defense spending will be matter, IF a subservient regime is in power. are you still in doubt on that?

No amount of defense spending will be matter, IF a subservient regime is in power. are you still in doubt on that?

True but better to have a well equipped military who can then act decisively when real leadership is in place.

This is far too much for a revenue starved country like BD.
BD should aim to get to 2% by 2020 and that should be fine to dominate Myanmar.

@ Then what about India? Are they your "Dula Bhai"?

Really? Some recent seeker videos claimed 4% even the infographics show.

There are no rule within NATO as to how much each country should spend.

However around 10 years ago all the member countries decided that expenditure should be bought up to 2% of GDP.

Barring a few countries in NATO most have not reached the 2% target. This was one of the reason for Trump being miffed off and thinking all the countries are freeloaders.

Lol.due to
2% with a growing economy will be enough by 2030 to deter India.

@ I think, our present Defense strength is Ok. Only thing needs more sophistication. More one or two Divisions are needed to raise for Myanmar front. For the last 30 years our Army has developed a lot to UN Mission. Many armaments had been bought due to the requirement in UN Mission areas.

@ I think, our present Defense strength is Ok. Only thing needs more sophistication. More one or two Divisions are needed to raise for Myanmar front. For the last 30 years our Army has developed a lot to UN Mission. Many armaments had been bought due to the requirement in UN Mission areas.

BAF needs 10 squadrons of J-10B/C, SU-30 SME and J-31 by 2030.

Army and Navy are already being built up nicely.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom