What's new

What hunting App are you using?

@denel What weapon do you use to hunt? Have you ever used a bow and arrow to hunt?

just google Wolf reintrduction yellowstone

From this article :
To answer that, you have to go back to the 1930s, when the wolf was killed off in Yellowstone. Even though Yellowstone elk were still preyed upon by black and grizzly bears, cougars and, to a lesser extent, coyotes, the absence of wolves took a huge amount of predatory pressure off the elk, said Smith. As a result, elk populations did very well-perhaps too well. Two things happened: the elk pushed the limits of Yellowstone’s carrying capacity, and they didn’t move around much in the winter-browsing heavily on young willow, aspen and cottonwood plants. That was tough for beaver, who need willows to survive in winter.
The underlined... So cougars aka pumas aka mountain lions also prey on elk. Why not breed cougars in forest reserves and introduce them into Yellowstone ? Why wolves ?

You have kuttophobia

From Google :
A phobia is an irrational fear of something that's unlikely to cause harm.
I don't have irrational fear of dogs but rational fear and also intense dislike. For valid reasons.

Last edited:
@denel What weapon do you use to hunt? Have you ever used a bow and arrow to hunt?
no my friend. bow and arrow - no way - it is really not that easy; my friend uses a compound bow. It is devastating - he took out a buffalo with it; he takes down kudu but if you can get close to it.; but here is the bit - i am not risking my life to get in 15m range of a african buffalo; it will take out you if you injure it or its comrades may come after you.

I use grand fathers' 303 Mk4 No2; I did get a newer one - Musgrave 308; but 303 remains the most I use - just still with peep sights as it came. For small stuff it is a CBC from brazil; a local .22 i use as well.
Lol. Your seem unhinged, have you had a bad experience from these wild animals? I have had bad experience from a dog, but not scared of all dogs.

Wolves are way different to feral dogs. Grey is just a movie, plenty of movies out there of humans killing other humans. You changed my quote.

Inregards to mice in Australia, feral cats kill more native animals then any other predator. The local species are unprepared for invasive species like cats.

Big game hunting is tolerable, if have a Conservation value that also benefits local community. Hunting an animal seems relatively easy because animals have set behaviour and patterns. Humans are unpredictable thats what makes them more dangerous.
correct - here it is mostly gazelle or springbok; at times every 2nd year we take down an older kudu. we tend to respect population and it is not for fun; every bit of meat is consumed; what is not consumable right away; we make into biltong - cured dried meat - that is snacked on for a few weeks and given away. ALso make boerewores from it.

If it is predators, we capture them and take them to a nearby reserve. Across to border we had to capture a couple of cheetah during the severe drought and relocate them. once it was a kalahari lion - but man i wont risk it; my cousin is a game warden he arranges a sleeping dart. then we load it and it is take to a sanctuary for a few weeks and depending on which nature reserve is looking, we transport it out.

Last edited:
no my friend. bow and arrow - no way - it is really not that easy; my friend uses a compound bow. It is devastating - he took out a buffalo with it; he takes down kudu but if you can get close to it.; but here is the bit - i am not risking my life to get in 15m range of a african buffalo; it will take out you if you injure it or its comrades may come after you.

I use grand fathers' 303 Mk4 No2; I did get a newer one - Musgrave 308; but 303 remains the most I use - just still with peep sights as it came. For small stuff it is a CBC from brazil; a local .22 i use as well.
The challenge and thrill is what makes hunting an enjoyable activity for me. You should carry guns in case your life is in danger but try to hunt the prey with bow and arrow especially if the prey is small or doesn't pose much harm. The satisfaction you get after hunting your prey like this is absolutely incredible. Also eating that creature is also very satisfying as you have hunted it yourself, this makes you appreciate the food more and reminds you of God's mercy and generosity.

The challenge and thrill is what makes hunting an enjoyable activity for me. You should carry guns in case your life is in danger but try to hunt the prey with bow and arrow especially if the prey is small or doesn't pose much harm. The satisfaction you get after hunting your prey like this is absolutely incredible. Also eating that creature is also very satisfying as you have hunted it yourself, this makes you appreciate the food more and reminds you of God's mercy and generosity.
Yes, man - my other late friend's tale --- he was lion of the Kalahari.

In our night calls around a fire, we were debating the merits of .22 calibre. He said, he believed in .22 for hunting big game. We were all silent - i know he did not drink but he was serious.

Ok - so what game are we speaking about. He replied Buffalo of course, 'I took a buffalo down with a 22LR'. Either we are to laugh knowing well he will panel us down physically - he was from @Irfan Baloch 's clan. So we asked do tell the secret....

'I was lying down on the ground covered in leaves, 22 was sticking out until the buffalo was near me; i shot the 22 into the nose'........ there was total silence.

Knowing him, i know he would have done it. The man was a lunatic but man, on a hunting trip or fishing trip - you would never be hungry. Superb cook in the bush.

May the Kalahari Khan rest in peace. That reminds me, i need to visit his son once the borders open.

From last weekend. Released a kudu mom and calves in another part of the land with a neighbour - standing on top on trailer.

DCIM1899.jpg
DCIM1898.jpg
DCIM1897.jpg

Hunting in the modern age where there is no Shortage of food should be banned and criminalized. Those who hunt for fun are stupid cowards and deserve to be killed like those animals they kill.

From this article :

The underlined... So cougars aka pumas aka mountain lions also prey on elk. Why not breed cougars in forest reserves and introduce them into Yellowstone ? Why wolves ?

From Google :

I don't have irrational fear of dogs but rational fear and also intense dislike. For valid reasons.

Just answer my this damn question why wolves exist ? Because im really tired of your nonsense and dog this dog that.

Do you know better than the creator of heavens ans earth why not cougar or why wolves

Btw im a cat person

Yes, man - my other late friend's tale --- he was lion of the Kalahari.

In our night calls around a fire, we were debating the merits of .22 calibre. He said, he believed in .22 for hunting big game. We were all silent - i know he did not drink but he was serious.

Ok - so what game are we speaking about. He replied Buffalo of course, 'I took a buffalo down with a 22LR'. Either we are to laugh knowing well he will panel us down physically - he was from @Irfan Baloch 's clan. So we asked do tell the secret....

'I was lying down on the ground covered in leaves, 22 was sticking out until the buffalo was near me; i shot the 22 into the nose'........ there was total silence.

Knowing him, i know he would have done it. The man was a lunatic but man, on a hunting trip or fishing trip - you would never be hungry. Superb cook in the bush.

May the Kalahari Khan rest in peace. That reminds me, i need to visit his son once the borders open.
shot placement is the key. quick humane kill which dispatches the animal quickly. this tale is something else. of course if someone gets the chance to shove the gun into the nostril then maybe you can take out a wild boar too? but it remains to be seen how any paranoid and jittery wild animal will allow someone to do that?

in my opinion hunting big game with .22 is not the right thing to do. you will cause the animal undue pain and anguish, since there is so much mass and the trauma from the bullet may not result in quick death.
countries where the hunting laws are enforced and followed there are legal limits for smallest caliber allowed for a big game.

when it comes to foxes Raccoons and other smaller games the size of say Rabbits Marmots, .22 LR is best. but again if the shot is placed near the eye or behind the ear then t will be a quick and clean kill.
I have only been involved in small game hunting.

Just answer my this damn question why wolves exist ? Because im really tired of your nonsense and dog this dog that.

What is your fascination with wolves ? Watch that film The Grey, I say !

Why wolves exist is the same thing as why criminals exist in human society and have to be corrected or removed in case they cannot be corrected. Wolves cannot be corrected.

And if you are tired of debating then leave this discussion forum and open a blog where you can do one-way transmission of info.

Do you know better than the creator of heavens ans earth why not cougar or why wolves

You are using religion to cover your shallowness and lack of philosophical temperament. Look at your shallow-angry words.

Btw im a cat person

No you are not. Your shallowness says you haven't learned from cats.

Have you ever seen and heard the sight and sound of how a gang of seven dogs bite into a cat to torture him or her to death over five minutes to fifteen minutes ? How many cats did you have and what became of them ? Let me tell you that small / domestic cats are almost extinct in India because of the 35+ million stray dogs that have come about since the late 90s. What will you say of this ?

Last edited:
Hunting in the modern age where there is no Shortage of food should be banned and criminalized.

Agreed.

Those who hunt for fun are stupid cowards and deserve to be killed like those animals they kill.

Look at that photo of the hunted caracal cat in the previous page and those criminals posing proudly with him or her. Why did they need to do it ? If they want to appear brave I have some suggestions to show their bravery.

They should be politely corrected but yes alongside a global ban on hunting.

I’m currently using the Oliver Queen app

Hunting in the modern age where there is no Shortage of food should be banned and criminalized. Those who hunt for fun are stupid cowards and deserve to be killed like those animals they kill.
Are you a vegan? Do you not eat meat? Only hunting of endangered species should be banned. I eat whatever I hunt, what is wrong with that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom