What's new

What Has NOT Changed in China? An Analysis of the Chinese One-Party Dictatorship

Too many posts about Chinese politics these days.

Some countries cares about human rights of chinese people more than CHINESE people themselves.

Not sure what your complaining about. There is far more posts on India, Pakistan, and U.S. politics then China.

I've been to China and the system works well there. Order and social enlightenment. No country in the world can deny that there exists poverty or corruption in its ranks. The past excesses of the CCP is something that they will have to answer to the people of China about in due course. The current performance of the CCP is something that they will be rewarded for in due course. Given the current domestic and global performance of the CCP I truly do believe that the Chinese race is destined for great heights.

China as a political state is evolving. Excesses such as described in some of the posts here existed in the worlds leading democracy up until the 1970s and even during the era of Ronald Reagan to a certain extent. Recall the McCarty Commission against communism during the 60s and the torment suffered by any American who was labelled a "communist"? Not to say that the current situation is any different. Guatanamo Bay imprisons any American or foreign citizen without trial indefinately if they are suspected to be involved with Islamic terrorism. So what is the difference between the communist Chinese model of control and the American democratic model of control ?

Some Chinese members of this forum generally hurl abuse towards India and we are inclined to respond in kind. We must however be magnaminous and give credit where it is due. The Chinese nation is on an upward swing and the people of China whether living in China or abroard are proud of their nation's growth. Their political system is for them to adjust at their own pace. We as outsiders need to compliment them on and learn from them on their growth. We can also take a straw from their hat when it comes to their attitude towards corruption by officials. Quick heavy handed punishment is meted out hence you do not have every second official asking you for a bribe from the time you land in China to the time you exit.

Do I detect a hint of Authoritarian admiration? Perhaps you would like to see India under the CCP model?

sshepard,

Thank you for your posts in this thread on the PRC. I find that I believe that most everything you have posted is true. Of course there is a lot of opinion (or analysis) involved, not simple objective facts. But the things you have pointed out are truly what has NOT changed in China that I hope, one day, WILL change. If not the world is in for some heavy conflict within the next 25 years or so. The present Chinese model of self-dealing authoritarianism is not consonant with the best of human nature. I have confidence that human liberty will prevail in the long run.

sshepard,

Thank you for your posts in this thread on the PRC. I find that I believe that most everything you have posted is true. Of course there is a lot of opinion (or analysis) involved, not simple objective facts. But the things you have pointed out are truly what has NOT changed in China that I hope, one day, WILL change. If not the world is in for some heavy conflict within the next 25 years or so. The present Chinese model of self-dealing authoritarianism is not consonant with the best of human nature. I have confidence that human liberty will prevail in the long run.

I have no intention of adding any fuel to this "fire". Fundamentally, the Telegraph brought up nothing that the Chinese "literati" (despite the government's attempts to info-manage) didn't already know.

And people know this, too. But once again, things outside the PRC - Kosovo, Katastroika, Iraq, and the open-ended WoT give pause to their minds, and have to be balanced against massive deficiencies inside PRC - corruption, wastage, ideological (including spiritual) decay, and this "GDP-centric" economic nihilism (for a lack of a better descriptor).

Let's just say that many Chinese (both in China and among the diaspora) have "dreamed" about making China more like the US from decades back.

I remember when I was little, I heard my grandfather paraphrase some (supposed) CCP Honcho: "if we knew how to make China like the USA tomorrow, we would've done it tonight ... (melting pot, capitalism, and all) ... but we don't."

In the last 10 years or so, some of us were indeed baffled and not used to seeing the US becoming more "like China" rather than vice versa in some tangible and intangible ways.

There is a feeling among some Chinese and diaspora that something during the Reform (particularly the second half) have gone awry ... Some results were superficial but certain roots appear to have been "corrupted".

Very difficult to precisely articulate - but I will say this: increasingly everywhere people are realizing that the choice is less of one between the "good" and "evil", but rather one involving "evil" vs "lesser evil".

I hope you know what I mean, Truthseeker, even though I am not sure I entirely know what I mean myself.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I hope you know what I mean, Truthseeker, even though I am not sure I entirely know what I mean myself.

My take is that China took a wrong turn with the triumph of Mao-Tsetung. He was evil, a meglomanic. There is no doubt that the Kuomintang were corrupt. Perhaps they would have perpetuated a oligarchy. On the other hand, the PRC has ended up also creating an oligarchy, after killing millions of Chinese bourgeois and peasants. The answer, in my American sensibility, is an embrace in the human values expressed in the US Declaration of Independence and Constitution. These documents are of course not perfect. They were promulgated by a "ruling class" of American landowners. Nonetheless, I believe that the best government for humankind is one that, at least, TRIES to respect the inherent worth and rights of each individual. Hopefully, the Chinese people will realize this as well. I think that world peace will only be achieved when each national government respects the basic human rights of its citizens as expressed in the UN Charter (and the US Constitution).

My take is that China took a wrong turn with the triumph of Mao-Tsetung. He was evil, a meglomanic. There is no doubt that the Kuomintang were corrupt. Perhaps they would have perpetuated a oligarchy. On the other hand, the PRC has ended up also creating an oligarchy, after killing millions of Chinese bourgeois and peasants. The answer, in my American sensibility, is an embrace in the human values expressed in the US Declaration of Independence and Constitution. These documents are of course not perfect. They were promulgated by a "ruling class" of American landowners. Nonetheless, I believe that the best government for humankind is one that, at least, TRIES to respect the inherent worth and rights of each individual. Hopefully, the Chinese people will realize this as well. I think that world peace will only be achieved when each national government respects the basic human rights of its citizens as expressed in the UN Charter (and the US Constitution).

Whitout corrupt, impotent and shameless Kuomintang, there is no room for Mao and CCP raising in China!

Plz, tell me in your American sensibility, what is US's occupation in irac and killing thounds of common people in irac without any UN permission? I think bush is bad than evil.:frown:

I think that world peace will only be achieved when each national government respects the basic human rights of its citizens as expressed in the UN Charter (and the US Constitution).

We have the different condition, Why do you think your american way is definitely suited to china?? And How can you think your US Constitution should be the world Constitution. About UN charter, oh, sir, stop talking UN charter, I think US broke UN charter a lot during last 3 decades.:lol:

Bourgeois?
China has a weak national bourgeoisie because the monopoly of foreign capital and their comprador bureaucratic KMT monopoly bourgeoisie's existence. At that time first adopted the policy of public-private partnership, and then confiscated. Eradication of the private property rather than physical destruction, RON YI REN is the largest national capitalists in China at that time, his family is now well-known Chinese capitalists.
You want to talk about the Chinese national bourgeoisie, it is better under the United States and the comprador KMT talk about how much wealth plundered from China? Are you interested in?

I thought the Americans would blame the U.S. government's policy at that time. The results you began to censure China. You really are Americans and certain.

... how much wealth plundered from China?
You have gone too far into the deep end. Are you saying that for the last 60-something years, mainland China have been unable to generate wealth, not because of the flaws of communism, but because someone somehow stole the necessary resources, human and nature, to generate wealth?

Reduction in the population due to famine and murder are different, do not say it deliberately alarmist. Otherwise, the U.S. government massacre of hundreds of millions of Americans in 1929-1933, which is expected to increase in population is reduced, according to statistics

Last edited:
You have gone too far into the deep end. Are you saying that for the last 60-something years, mainland China have been unable to generate wealth, not because of the flaws of communism, but because someone somehow stole the necessary resources, human and nature, to generate wealth?

That is our own, so we will round up errors, improve our economy. But that's just the question What is the relationship? During the past 60 years, we are also laying the foundation for their own country, and then, after 30 years of reform and opening up economic take-off. And there is no basis for the previous 30 years of work to do, there is not today's economic take-off.

That is our own, so we will round up errors, improve our economy. But that's just the question What is the relationship? During the past 60 years, we are also laying the foundation for their own country, and then, after 30 years of reform and opening up economic take-off. And there is no basis for the previous 30 years of work to do, there is not today's economic take-off.
Good...So now we can dismiss the argument that somehow 'wealth' can be stolen. Gold can be stolen. Oil can be stolen. An expensive automobile can be stolen. But not wealth.

Over the past is history, I am not interested get to the bottom, I have great admiration for some Americans rather than the U.S. government at that time, they did not betray the friendship with China for many years, they said that they should say.Of course, they have also been accused of non-Americans by the United States of America

Last edited:
Good...So now we can dismiss the argument that somehow 'wealth' can be stolen. Gold can be stolen. Oil can be stolen. An expensive automobile can be stolen. But not wealth.

I do not know how you defined, resources are certainly also a wealth of colonial ,good. plundering resources, if we are different definitions of wealth.

Do not forget the "Sino-US Treaty of Friendship Commerce and Navigation", only saying that trade, China and the United States at the time of free trade there is no industrial protection? It's not plunder the wealth?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom