What's new

What happens if any indian govt agrees to cede Kashmir?

aryadravida

Reaction score
Country
India
In a thread here on pdf pakistanis are rejoicing the killing of indian soldiers by what they call mujahideens. One poster was suggesting that if india agrees for a plebiscite and let go of kashmiris all this violence will end and both countries can have economic progress .
I know there is no way it can happen..but just for hypothesis..what would happen if in future congress or any non bjp party agrees to such proposal?
What I feel is as soon as the govt accepts the idea of plebiscite , india would go up in flames....people will be on streets..army will topple the govt and will wreak havoc in kashmir in the absence of govt in Delhi....lakhs of hindus ftom across india will take up arms and run wild in kashmirThings will settle only when some other political party forms govt...this idea of plebiscite is neither practical nor feasible.
The only solution to this problem is agreeing to have LOC as international border or for pakistan to become so strong that it could defeat india in a war and take kashmir.. but the problem here is india is a nuclear power...if it senses that it is losing kashnir, it will use its nuclear weapons...
Another solution is that india should become so powerful that it can guard its borders from infiltrators with advanced technology.
Or else india should open its markets for pakistan so that pakistan also benefits from it and it can boost its economy...when you have your economy dependent on another country ,its not so easy to indulge in activities that harm that country.
I feel this last idea of mine that is opening up trade with pakistan(which Imran khan also advocates) is the most realistic approach to solve this problem...it also alleviates the ill feelings of people for each other.
What do you think guys?

IMO, with resolve of this core issue the main CBM, most of the disputes will be solved and remaining will be sorted out positively. The peace in the region will prevail based on non-interference.
Indian chances for emerging as economical giant will increase many folds, which could lead to further stability in the region on all front.
But it is only a dream ...

In a thread here on pdf pakistanis are rejoicing the killing of indian soldiers by what they call mujahideens. One poster was suggesting that if india agrees for a plebiscite and let go of kashmiris all this violence will end and both countries can have economic progress .
I know there is no way it can happen..but just for hypothesis..what would happen if in future congress or any non bjp party agrees to such proposal?
What I feel is as soon as the govt accepts the idea of plebiscite , india would go up in flames....people will be on streets..army will topple the govt and will wreak havoc in kashmir in the absence of govt in Delhi....lakhs of hindus ftom across india will take up arms and run wild in kashmirThings will settle only when some other political party forms govt...this idea of plebiscite is neither practical nor feasible.
The only solution to this problem is agreeing to have LOC as international border or for pakistan to become so strong that it could defeat india in a war and take kashmir.. but the problem here is india is a nuclear power...if it senses that it is losing kashnir, it will use its nuclear weapons...
Another solution is that india should become so powerful that it can guard its borders from infiltrators with advanced technology.
Or else india should open its markets for pakistan so that pakistan also benefits from it and it can boost its economy...when you have your economy dependent on another country ,its not so easy to indulge in activities that harm that country.
I feel this last idea of mine that is opening up trade with pakistan(which Imran khan also advocates) is the most realistic approach to solve this problem...it also alleviates the ill feelings of people for each other.
What do you think guys?

It will be challenged in the Supreme Court.

That's India's problem.
Plebiscite is the main, best way possible and forward, for Kashmir, from Pakistan's stance. Otherwise you can expect war at any point, at some point, in the future.

Another solution, which could work is a unified Kashmir wherein there is no border between Pakistan and India, the citizens can choose to have either Pakistani or Indian citizenship, and likewise the Government is a joint Government, and it is administered jointly with free crossings. Since Kashmir is the core of all problems between Pakistan and India, it will bring an end to trouble.

I don't see anything else. Some people say that declaring the current boundaries as international border is a solution. I don't think it is. It doesn't solve the problem in essence at all, that is who Kashmir belongs to.

Great idea and India should also cede NE and also Muslim areas of W Bengal to BD. S Tibet can go to China.

In return most of the Indian Muslims can migrate to the enlarged BD and lesser numbers to Pakistan.
BD also annexes Northern Arakan to allow the Rohingya refugees to return in peace and dignity.

Peace and prosperity will reign in subcontinent but Hindus are too boneheaded to see this is in their interests.

Many pakistanis are of the opinion that attacks increased ever since bjp came to power....i have just checked the numbers..
In 2009, as many as 79 security personnel were killed, while 69 were killed in 2010 followed by 53 deaths in 2013, 47 in 2014, 39 in 2015, 33 in 2011 and 15 deaths in 2012, the data said.

As many as 122 security force personnel were killed in 2007, 182 in 2006 and 244 were killed in 2005, it said(courtesy economic times)

Notice 182 in 2006,244 in 2005,122 in 2007..of course numbers came down in 2012 to 15 but it increased to 53 in 2013.
That was during congress.
In these 6 years of bjp rule the deathss never crossed 100 in a year...the deaths have in fact decreased....it shows attacks would have anyway continued even if india had taken soft approach like during congress rule...

How about both Pakistan and India and China letting the Kashmiris choose? Why can't Kashmir be independent nation where Hindus, Muslims and Budhist live side by side? An independent Kashmir can then have good relations with both Pakistan and India.

What do you think guys?
You people don't left any room for trade and people to people contact to happen now.
Not only kashmir you people have taken those brutailites to all of India.
You guys say we can stop terrorism by manning the loc better. Well you already do. Spend all the money and resources. But what would you do with the local people when they revolt . Its always the locals. No matter how many you kill or how many you destory they fight back. There is no cross border activity as of such. Pakistan already in fatf has abandoned all activities. Not now but long before that because it was not benefitting kashmir or pakistan. When locals are fighting themselevs such as saheed burhan wani and others what is the need of sending Pakistanis?
The attack on 40 people in Feb is also by local. You can blame all you want on Pakistan.
Indian establishment earlier didn't let vajapee solve this problem.
With Pakistan its kind of an ego problem. Indians do have ego problem and that's it. Bangladesh is separate. Why don't you go and take control over it or other South aisan countries like mayanmar, srilanka, Nepal?
While bhakts all day say to retake paksitan or this or that. It is only an obsession. Pakistan do represent a phenomenon for Indian states that it can be done( you fought for separation and get the separation). The current administration itself seems obsessed. It is a phenomenon where whole 110 carore hindu Indians are made to fear 20 carore paksitanis. They are made to fear 14 carore Indian Muslims. They are made to fear Islam and Muslims in general. Muslims Kings are bad, Muslims would change your religion. Muslims you break your temples. Muslims would do this and do that?it is not good for any society to fear some particular group. It always hinder productivity of that society.
Few years back I think there are many solutions. I don't see one now and the reason is Indian. Imran simply doesn't give a damn to media, if kashmir can be solved with the wishes of the people he would support it and endorse it. He even wen ta step further and said that when I talk to india I would have my army chief and isi chief with me because Indian leadership complain they government wnat one thing and establishment want another. He said that what is the decision of Pakistan is endorsed by all sections of Pakistan. The word we give you is from everyone.
But your government took it as sign of weekness. Took it as a joke. Etc.
There is no room left for anything.
Future generations may solve this problem.
Even war and capturing large area by force won't solve anything.

Many pakistanis are of the opinion that attacks increased ever since bjp came to power....i have just checked the numbers..
In 2009, as many as 79 security personnel were killed, while 69 were killed in 2010 followed by 53 deaths in 2013, 47 in 2014, 39 in 2015, 33 in 2011 and 15 deaths in 2012, the data said.

As many as 122 security force personnel were killed in 2007, 182 in 2006 and 244 were killed in 2005, it said(courtesy economic times)

Notice 182 in 2006,244 in 2005,122 in 2007..of course numbers came down in 2012 to 15 but it increased to 53 in 2013.
That was during congress.
In these 6 years of bjp rule the deathss never crossed 100 in a year...the deaths have in fact decreased....it shows attacks would have anyway continued even if india had taken soft approach like during congress rule...

Yes, numbers brought down by imposing a lock down, stricter military presence, severe censorship, and such measures. It's kind of like putting a lid on when the water is boiling.

Another solution, which could work is a unified Kashmir wherein there is no border between Pakistan and India, the citizens can choose to have either Pakistani or Indian citizenship, and likewise the Government is a joint Government, and it is administered jointly with free crossings. Since Kashmir is the core of all problems between Pakistan and India, it will bring an end to trouble.
I like this idea

If there is an ineternational binding agreement that both Pakistan and India will not forcibly take Kashmiri territory then, that would be ideal situation. Let the Kashmiris live and let them form their own nataion with their unique identity. Jot this "Kashmir baniga Pakistan or Bharat" slogans

What do you think guys?

Disgusting play of politics on a national issue on a Pakistani forum.

Shabash.

How about both Pakistan and India and China letting the Kashmiris choose? Why can't Kashmir be independent nation where Hindus, Muslims and Budhist live side by side? An independent Kashmir can then have good relations with both Pakistan and India.
You mean the way it was before it got invaded by Pakistani tribals ???

If there is an ineternational binding agreement that both Pakistan and India will not forcibly take Kashmiri territory then, that would be ideal situation. Let the Kashmiris live and let them form their own nataion with their unique identity. Jot this "Kashmir baniga Pakistan or Bharat" slogans

Kashmir baniga Pakistan is a slogan out of Kashmir.
Giving up all the territory is not an option though. Surveys in Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan show that >90% of the population wants to remain with Pakistan.

You mean the way it was before it got invaded by Pakistani tribals ???

Pakistani Pashtun Tribals. Pakistani Kashmir demographics never changed significantly. Unlike India, we still have laws in place for its protection.

I like this idea

It is subject to conditions that outsiders obviously can't change the demographics, that the police force will comprise of only the locals, and that people are taken into consideration fully. Otherwise it is a no brainer. There are three parties to it, Pakistan, India and the local people.

Disgusting play of politics on a national issue on a Pakistani forum.

Shabash.

You really don't want to find a solution, do you?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom