What's new

What happened in Turkiye is NOT the punishment of Allah

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an inbox icon in the top right of the page but I don't see an option to send
a PM. Idk how this works.

@Areesh , @Imran Khan , you too are a bunch of old crows on PDF. :lol: . How does one send a PM on here?
hq2.jpg

Does email work for you, bro? I can share a throwaway email and we can move to whatsapp if you like.
Nah it's ok. I can write it on your wall. It's just too early to discuss stuff like that here,on the threads.

While I agree with you on the superstitions most people have, as evident in this thread, are you denying that the nations of old, such as Bani Israel and others, didn't actually face divine wrath (in the shape of extreme natural disasters, ofc) and those were normal natural disasters like this is Turkey?
Yes. All natural disasters are natural and none are due to divine wrath, notwithstanding what any scripture says. The explanation is simple. Earth is 5 Billion years old (unless you believe in Old Testament's 6,000 years story). It has undergone innumerable violent transformations on the earth's crust till today. If we had human civilization on the first day of earth, we would have been extinct may be a dozen times already, if not more. There is a whole science called Paleontology (study of Fossils) for this. We are well past divine wrath theory to explain natural phenomenon that may lead to disasters. By about 100 years.

BTW, I like your handle. It takes courage to be humble.

Some disasters are natural and some are sent by God.

I guess John's Apocalypse is not included in the Quran?

Yes. All natural disasters are natural and none are due to divine wrath, notwithstanding what any scripture says. The explanation is simple. Earth is 5 Billion years old (unless you believe in Old Testament's 6,000 years story). It has undergone innumerable violent transformations on the earth's crust till today. If we had human civilization on the first day of earth, we would have been extinct may be a dozen times already, if not more. There is a whole science called Paleontology (study of Fossils) for this. We are well past divine wrath theory to explain natural phenomenon that may lead to disasters. By about 100 years.
Then we get into the whole creation debate. Which I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to engage in. I just reference to Quran to that guy because I think he is a fellow muslim. Otherwise, I tend to mind my own business w.r.t religion

BTW, I like your handle. It takes courage to be humble.
Thanks. I like self-deprecating humor so I figured, why not.

Some disasters are natural and some are sent by God.
That was my original point too

I guess John's Apocalypse is not included in the Quran?
I (like most member, I would say) haven't read the Quran (translation) and it's too big to remember anyway. John is not a major prophet in Islam. I read a bit about this things in a book as a kid, but that book sourced from the Bible as well I think, so it's considered only somewhat authentic. I don't recall his story. I remember Zechariah had one. He was martyred when he hid in a tree, seeking refuge. Idk if that's the Bible version as well.

Last edited:
Then we get into the whole creation debate. Which I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to engage in.
No one is unqualified to understand basic science. You can read whole lot of books starting from Charles Darwin's Origin of Species to modern molecular biology. For example, I found these:

1676135365029.png

1676135430805.png

Attachments

• 1676135483906.png
    1676135483906.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom