What's new

What Exactly is a SUPERPOWER???

I said upcoming next super power, China needs 30-40 years to be next super power.

I think you are mature enough to understand that Predicting what will happen after 30-40 years in a world where we aren't even sure of what will happen next minute is INSANITY.

I think you are mature enough to understand that Predicting what will happen after 30-40 years in a world where we aren't even sure of what will happen next minute is INSANITY.

thats the possibility according to analysis, it may take more time because other part with whom we are comparing with they will not remain same, they will advance too

:nana:Super power is the synthesis of power full

1) Economy
2) Defense
3) Advance leading technology &
4) World wide network to imposing its policies....

thats the possibility according to analysis, it may take more time because other part with whom we are comparing with they will not remain same, they will advance too

Exactly, SUPERPOWER is a relative term with TOO MUCH variables in it.

No country can be predicted to be a superpower until it DO BECOME a one.

No Doubt, US is the current SUPERPOWER & GB & USSR were earlier SUPERPOWERS.

But any talk of any country BECOMING a superpower in the near/middle/extended future is all BS.

All wrong, the new superpower will be no one, this word does not exist. There are nuclear countries, without nuclear superpower exists.

& an organisation like CIA plays a major part in becoming a superpower!!

County which can bomb any part of the globe to stone age without any fear at short notice of bare 5 hours and project it's force henceafter to that area by using ACs.

@arp2041

Last edited by a moderator:
When you invent most things, when you break new grounds to the world shamelessly follow, when the world trades in your currency, when your movie, music and brands are celebrated all over the world, when your defence forces are huge enough to drone another country with her permission... you are a Superpower.

Exactly, SUPERPOWER is a relative term with TOO MUCH variables in it.

No country can be predicted to be a superpower until it DO BECOME a one.

No Doubt, US is the current SUPERPOWER & GB & USSR were earlier SUPERPOWERS.

But any talk of any country BECOMING a superpower in the near/middle/extended future is all BS.

What if USA invades Iran and Russia doesn't back off ??

The term "superpower" wasn't formed until the modern age of full globalization more specifically after WWII. The entire reason for coining the term "SuperPower" is to describe the next step up from "great power". Fox in 1944 perfectly defined a superpower as a "great power plus great mobility of power". The term superpower denoted the emergence of a new class of power which is clearly superior in economic and military powers over the classic European great powers. A superpower should have great veto power to stop undesirable occurrence globally. For instance looking at the United States - the only true superpower with global assets in all dimensions of power, it has the world's strongest military and economy, it has the largest nuclear weaponry, and it has global influence through NATO, the UN and organization such as the World Bank. India on the hand has indeed been extremely wealthy in many periods throughout history but it did not exert the sort of global economic dominance the US does today. The term "superpower" along with specific connotations does not apply to India or any other country until the modern period. China is already considered an economic "superpower" but will it ever have the same dominance globally as US currently has?

Ask the General of Troll Company......Hong Wu..... :omghaha:

On topic...

Super Powers

1. USA
2. Russia

@OP

Good question. I must say, the thought never crossed my mind.
Superpower in the past meant vast kingdoms, large armies.

But a few things are fundamentally the same about superpowers today:
Their powerful economy and large industries. Along with their technical advancement.

Yesterday's Rome had roads for example.
Not so much different from super powers today who place a great importance on transport and communication links to allow economic activity. Transport is only one sector I mentioned, there's lots of stuff to be considered.

Super power title can be given to those countries that have a:

- Huge economy with robust manufacturing base advanced in cutting edge technology.
- A strong sophisticated military
- Capable of power projection either economic/diplomatic/military well beyond its borders and shores.
- Is a transcontinental power i.e having superb influence over more than 1 continent not just some region.

In light of the above condition there is only 1 super power right now i.e US. In the future China will naturally follow with major global powers like Turkey, Indoneshia, Germany, Russia, S.korea, Japan, Brazil, KSA and Iran. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom