What's new

What Exactly is a SUPERPOWER???

SUPERPOWER, i guess, is the most ABUSED term on PDF.

People when speaking positively for China say that it is the next SUPERPOWER.

While when they want to bash a country like India (to take the words of my friend @RazPaK :D) say that India is next supa-powa :lol:

I think that using this term randomly doesn't make sense.

I want to know what exactly the term SUPERPOWER means?? & when can a country be or should be called a SUPERPOWER??

Please don't make it an India vs China or US or some other country affair.

I just want to know when is a country Eligible for the status of a SUPERPOWER??

P.S. Please don't concentrate on countries, concentrate on the term.

@Dillinger @samantk @Joe Shearer @Hyperion @janon @Abingdonboy @Oscar @Chinese-Dragon

Superpower is a nation who is self independent of Food,Energy,Technology and human resource...If a nation does not have dependancy or constraint to acquire the above 4 with the money muscle uninterrupted way, then of course that nation is a Super Power.

USA and Europe will be a major force to this world in next 50 year too...The reason is they have capacity and potential of innovation...And as long as innovation happens from those nations, rest of the world does not have much choice to choose from..China is expected to be Super power...But again...It takes year together to acheive that stage, China is the same phase as US/Europe was going through between 1st and 2nd world war...

So some distance to travel to China...Good luck to them and also to the West ....A healthy competition is always good for progress of our generation...

Last edited by a moderator:
SUPERPOWER, i guess, is the most ABUSED term on PDF.

People when speaking positively for China say that it is the next SUPERPOWER.

While when they want to bash a country like India (to take the words of my friend @RazPaK :D) say that India is next supa-powa :lol:

I think that using this term randomly doesn't make sense.

I want to know what exactly the term SUPERPOWER means?? & when can a country be or should be called a SUPERPOWER??

Please don't make it an India vs China or US or some other country affair.

I just want to know when is a country Eligible for the status of a SUPERPOWER??

P.S. Please don't concentrate on countries, concentrate on the term.

@Dillinger @samantk @Joe Shearer @Hyperion @janon @Abingdonboy @Oscar @Chinese-Dragon

A super power has a military and economy which can match ANY other military/economy in the world and expansionist and offensive global ambitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need not to say,some part of our media put us in embarrassment with their sensationalized reports of India becoming next super power.We don't need childish media report like "Hindustan ke dushman ab samhal jao" staff on TVs.

For me Super power means a decent health service,education and food for the bottom most section of the social pyramid first.

Are countries like Australia , Ireland , South Africa a superpower then ??? :woot:

Are countries like Australia , Ireland , South Africa a superpower then ??? :woot:

I said It's for me.Might not hold the same logic for all. A society with the qualities I mentioned are far more stronger than a country possessing nuclear weapons but don't have food for all its people (again,it is just my opinion).

Nowadays a super power is one that has a high GDP and a powerful military.......... And it meddles in others' affairs ............. And invades countries once in a while..............And sanctions countries at will.

Back
Top Bottom