What's new

What did the persian capital look like?

Mate, you have to visit all of Turkey's coastline. Btw did you visit Kemer when you visited Side??? If not, you should shoot yourself. :D

You visited the best place you can ever visit in Turkey....i kinda envy you...Father says he took me there when i was 3 years old...obviously i don't remember anything.

Last year i visited Pergamon which was very impressive...father says, Ephesos is even more impressive...I want to visit there when i get a chance.

Also visited this place 2 weeks ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side,_Turkey

No Persepolis was longin ruins then. Alexander burned it down few decades before the Roman empire formed.
Do you knew of any burning evidence in parse or Takht-e-Jamshid ?

Something like today's Ankara Turkey.

_______

Anatoli cities were important Iranian cities but not sure which of them was Iranian capital.

During Achaemenid and Parthian empires era they were fully under rule of Iranians but during Sassanian era they were sometimes in hands of Romans and sometimes in hands of Persians.
Whereas Hecatompylos had served as the first Parthian capital, Mithridates established royal residences at Seleucia, Ecbatana, Ctesiphon and his newly founded city, Mithradatkert (Nisa, Turkmenistan), where the tombs of the Arsacid kings were built and maintained.

Well that's from wikipedia

Oh, while we are talking about Rome...can you advice any documentaries about Rome. The ones i found on youtube starts from the apex point of the empire while i'm interested how it got build/started. Reached that civilization and technology, etc....

Also German-Rome relationship amazed me....it looks very similar to Turkic-Chinese relationship.

Im at home tomorrow and will look what i can find. You want the early building phase?

I'm married. :rolleyes:

What are Turkish wives like? Tough and controlling, loving and sacrificing, or plain normal and middle of the road? I have little information about Turkish society in general so forgive my curiosity.

What are Turkish wives like? Tough and controlling, loving and sacrificing, or plain normal and middle of the road? I have little information about Turkish society in general so forgive my curiosity.
I think, there are all of the kind. :)

Im at home tomorrow and will look what i can find. You want the early building phase?
Yeah...how did it get established, how did it developed, how did it laid the foundation to be the one of the greatest empires, how did it formed it's military and tactics, it's technology.... Any info will be good. Because any documentaries i found, starts from it's apex point, or when already it have been a great power.

I'm married and have a 8 months old baby boy. :)

Here watch this:

It is about the 2nd punic war. By far the most important war of roman history. To give you some insight.

first_punic_war_264_bc.png

Rome was a newcomer in the area at that time and was basicly just spanning Italy but gained more and more power in the Mediterranean area. Older nations like Carthago were rivals . The two powers clashed in the 1st Punic war, which Rome won, but no decission was made. What followed was the 2nd punic war. Hannibal crossed the Alps and made several victories on our own ground. Panic broke out in Rome and a final battle started which decided the history of mankind.

52c691d00be8e665b57662577dd59ca8--punic-wars-roman-soldiers.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom