What's new

What can South Asia learn from East Asia?

Indo Aryan and Aryan are different concepts.
And a Hitler restaurant proves nothing. Except ignorance.

I've never been to any east asian county yet. Waiting for the road through Myanmar to open. Friends and me plan a road trip style bike ride to Pattaya and back. Once back from there I can contribute more substantially to this thread.

Actually you do have a point.

I have seen many Indians on this forum (Arya Desa was notorious for this), claiming that Indians are "Aryans/Caucasians", and thus racially superior to "Mongoloids" or simply "chinki".

As for why India got zero gold medals at the last Olympics? Because they don't care about sports apart from cricket.

Why does China come at the top of OECD education scores while India comes last? Because they don't care about grades at school.

Basically they say they are inherently racially superior to us, and the fact that East Asia comes ahead is down to other factors.

@Arya Desa

How can you "learn" from a people whom you consider to be racially inferior?

How is this even remotely applicable to the topic.. This is a good thread pls dont derail it

Indo Aryan and Aryan are different concepts.
And a Hitler restaurant proves nothing. Except ignorance.

Actually Arya Desa was not wrong, South Asians ARE much closer to whites in terms of genetics.

Whereas East Asians and Native Americans are the most distant from whites, both in terms of genetics and geographic distance.

The difference is that I don't believe being genetically similar to whites means superiority of any kind. See the performance of South Korea in the Olympics, they beat most of the world in per capita gold medals.

How is this even remotely applicable to the topic.. This is a good thread pls dont derail it

Because how can they learn from a people that they consider to be inferior to them?

You learn from people who are ahead of you.

The best thing to learn is the blend of culture and modernity - the urge to succeed as seen in the countries like Japan, Sri Lanka(though SA), Taiwan etc.

Actually Arya Desa was not wrong, South Asians ARE much closer to whites in terms of genetics.

Whereas East Asians and Native Americans are the most distant from whites, both in terms of genetics and geographic distance.

The difference is that I don't believe being genetically similar to whites means superiority of any kind. See the performance of South Korea in the Olympics, they beat most of the world in per capita gold medals.

Because how can they learn from a people that they consider to be inferior to them?

CD, its actually the other way around. The whites are closer to us in genetics (at least some of us - India is a vast and genetically and racially diverse country), not the other way around.

I've never been to any east asian county yet. Waiting for the road through Myanmar to open. Friends and me plan a road trip style bike ride to Pattaya and back. Once back from there I can contribute more substantially to this thread.

You do know that Myanmar is 'South East Asia' and not 'East Asia' right?

Enjoy your bike ride and watch out for tigers and elephants.

Mate this is a topic about economics not genetics.. With all due respect you're a brilliant poster.. But dont derail the thread.. It's about South Asian Economics and how it can benefit from the East Asian model.. Not about how genetically inferior Indians are.. Lets not make them the center of discussion in yet another thread

China, Japan, The Koreas, Mongolia, and some count Vietnam as having a foot in the door.

Pattaya is in Thailand thus South East Asian.

This is what the OP article defines it as:

East Asia (Northeast Asia, Greater China plus the ASEAN countries)

So yes, Thailand is included.

Yep the article said that.

But generally East Asia does not include SE Asia:

East Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

375px-East_Asia_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

Your right, the OP did include Asean. But geographically, East Asia is comprised of the countries I listed above.

East Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

East Asia is basically built around Confucian China.

Oh, Chinese Dragon beat me!

Back
Top Bottom