What's new

What Camera is good for videos?

Divergent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, what camera would you say is great for vlogging or Youtubing? In hand with which software is good for editing?

Many thanks in advance.

One of the most popular VLOGGING camera most big/popular Youtubers, used last few years and still using it, is the Cannon G7X. It's great for vlogging.

As for editing, Youtube let's you edit some basic ways too. But if you want more comprehensive editing them just google one you want. (There are plenty, will try naming one SOON)

Hope it helps. Good luck, for youtube vlogging and if you even become rich on Youtube, don't forget me :)

One of the most popular VLOGGING camera most big/popular Youtubers, used last few years and still using it, is the Cannon G7X. It's great for vlogging.

As for editing, Youtube let's you edit some basic ways too. But if you want more comprehensive editing them just google one you want. (There are plenty, will try naming one SOON)

Hope it helps. Good luck, for youtube vlogging and if you even become rich on Youtube, don't forget me :)
noob question, why use a camera to capture video, if that is your primary intention?...

noob question, why use a camera to capture video, if that is your primary intention?...
Don't understand your question. Come again.

I was replying back to thread op, question. Trying to help them find the camera they need.

Hey guys, what camera would you say is great for vlogging or Youtubing? In hand with which software is good for editing?

Many thanks in advance.

Depending on what kind of quality and what level of editing you are going after.
DSLR is a good way for entry vlogger, but the only problem is that DSLR is designed to take picture, which mean if you want to move a lot in the Vlog, you probably need to do a lot of work on the camera in between you move. Also, DSLR is quite noisy to operate, and quite eassily out of focus. DSLR (such as Nikon D5100 or Canon EOS) will set you from $600 to $2000 USD

if QUality is not at all matter, then I would suggest a dashcam, Dashcam is cheap, easy to operate, but quality on the other hand will be shit. Range from 70 to 200 dollars

If High Quality is needed, then you will need a entry level camcorder. Panasonic and Sony both have a good range, I personally used Panasonic VX-930 and VX-980M and the latter one can be of Professional 4K vids level. VX-930 cost you about $350 USD and VX-980M cost you about $700 USD, Sony have similar range but they are generally $100 + more expensive.

If Professional Quality is needed or Special Need (such as 4K or Image Stabilisation) then you will need a full on video corder. Or HDX, which is usually shoulder mount and very expensive, it range from USD$1500 for a old Sony HDP Video Recorder, to mutli-thousands in Cinema Grade Video camera like Canon C500 or Panasonic HCX-1000.

Software wise

If basic editing is needed (like cut off bits and put music) Then Movie Maker from Window is fine, it's free and it allow you to do basic stuff like putting music, change format, cutting and attaching video, storyline representation.

More function comes with more price, the medium editor such as Filmora or Creative Lab allows you to put basic element of CG, as well as a Time Coded editing, and it also allow audio track and sound engineering works. Filmora is a bit cheaper than creative, with $59 one time activation fee where Creative Lab cost you $89, they do more or less the same job.

If you need professional editing then you will need to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC< which is cinema grade editing, Which basically allow every element and aspect of video editing, what you can think of, they can do it, if not, the people of Adobe will make it so they can, however, it comes with a price, Adobe does not allow one off purchase, so you will be charge a monthly fee of 19.99 to use the software

Many thanks in advance.
Free camera is good camera to make video.

Some Vlogger cannot afford pro gear and most of them, if you don't really care how cinematic angle and all other stuff (Focus, Lenses change) Most of them would simply use a non-interchangable lens camera to capture video.

THe problem is if you need quality and cinematic, non-CMOS type sensor would probably not going to up for the job. Unless you can compensate with alot of studio lighting to boost the sensor level. Traditional Digital Camera only goes up to ISO1600 or in some case, 3200, but if Cinematic shoot require more than that and if you shoot at night, it will goes up to 10,000. But then, these camera will cost you at least $20,000 and I would imagine if you are not a famous Vlogger, you probably cannot fork out more than $1000 for a proper camera...

Don't understand your question. Come again.

I was replying back to thread op, question. Trying to help them find the camera they need.

He is saying why use a compact camera for video....

Some Vlogger cannot afford pro gear and most of them, if you don't really care how cinematic angle and all other stuff (Focus, Lenses change) Most of them would simply use a non-interchangable lens camera to capture video.

THe problem is if you need quality and cinematic, non-CMOS type sensor would probably not going to up for the job. Unless you can compensate with alot of studio lighting to boost the sensor level. Traditional Digital Camera only goes up to ISO1600 or in some case, 3200, but if Cinematic shoot require more than that and if you shoot at night, it will goes up to 10,000. But then, these camera will cost you at least $20,000 and I would imagine if you are not a famous Vlogger, you probably cannot fork out more than $1000 for a proper camera...

He is saying why use a compact camera for video....
yeah I thought camera = compact still camera .. thought that vloggers use some dedicated video recording device like go pro.. dont know much about cameras... thanks for info. :)

yeah I thought camera = compact still camera .. thought that vloggers use some dedicated video recording device like go pro.. dont know much about cameras... thanks for info. :)

Go Pro is not at all good for indoor environment, you will ended up like Carpool Karaoke style quality.

I myself maintain a Vblog and I am a bit anal about what kind of Camera I want to use. I myself uses VX-980M for indoor shooting (Where I have 4000W Studio lighting to back up) and I recently got a Sony MC-2500 for outdoor shoot.

But if image quality or in/outdoor is not a problem, you can basically uses anything that have a good lens and shoot video with, don't need $1000 + gear

Many thanks in advance.
Video camera!! :partay:

Off Topic :P
It depends on the quality you are looking for and more importantly how much you are willing to spend. I will suggest AGAINST DSLR because of high price and because they are designed primarily for still photography. Instead go for some decent camcorder from Sony/Panasonic which can come at half the price. Other option is to buy a good point and shoot camera from Nikon. It will be multipurpose, will give you half decent vids, half decent still and a very decent price!!

Depending on what kind of quality and what level of editing you are going after.
DSLR is a good way for entry vlogger, but the only problem is that DSLR is designed to take picture, which mean if you want to move a lot in the Vlog, you probably need to do a lot of work on the camera in between you move. Also, DSLR is quite noisy to operate, and quite eassily out of focus. DSLR (such as Nikon D5100 or Canon EOS) will set you from $600 to $2000 USD

if QUality is not at all matter, then I would suggest a dashcam, Dashcam is cheap, easy to operate, but quality on the other hand will be shit. Range from 70 to 200 dollars

If High Quality is needed, then you will need a entry level camcorder. Panasonic and Sony both have a good range, I personally used Panasonic VX-930 and VX-980M and the latter one can be of Professional 4K vids level. VX-930 cost you about $350 USD and VX-980M cost you about $700 USD, Sony have similar range but they are generally $100 + more expensive.

If Professional Quality is needed or Special Need (such as 4K or Image Stabilisation) then you will need a full on video corder. Or HDX, which is usually shoulder mount and very expensive, it range from USD$1500 for a old Sony HDP Video Recorder, to mutli-thousands in Cinema Grade Video camera like Canon C500 or Panasonic HCX-1000.

Software wise

If basic editing is needed (like cut off bits and put music) Then Movie Maker from Window is fine, it's free and it allow you to do basic stuff like putting music, change format, cutting and attaching video, storyline representation.

More function comes with more price, the medium editor such as Filmora or Creative Lab allows you to put basic element of CG, as well as a Time Coded editing, and it also allow audio track and sound engineering works. Filmora is a bit cheaper than creative, with $59 one time activation fee where Creative Lab cost you $89, they do more or less the same job.

If you need professional editing then you will need to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC< which is cinema grade editing, Which basically allow every element and aspect of video editing, what you can think of, they can do it, if not, the people of Adobe will make it so they can, however, it comes with a price, Adobe does not allow one off purchase, so you will be charge a monthly fee of 19.99 to use the software

Very informative. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom