What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Screenshot_20221119-053605_Spotify.jpg

This is the first song I sang as a kid in school because we were all forced to take part in the annual day festival, all the back bencher, bad kids. But I loved the song.

@-=virus=- @KedarT @Maula Jatt @SIPRA

Typical bengali folk, part of the larger pantheon of Rabindra Sangeet. Must listen.
Beautiful song this. From the name of the song, you would probably think it's a Bollywood Hindi song. I like the gentle beats.
Like the yellow and black shade of the song throughout.
'Now I'm intoxicated to a point I can't drink more'. Interesting😁

Me Nava

For people who have left their home to a different place, this is a very relatable song. You get so used to being given everything on a platter and when suddenly you have to manage everything on your own, you feel lost. But that's when you really grow as a person.

Composer - Souumil and Siddharth
Singer - Shivam Mahadevan
Lyrics - Kshitij Patwardhan
Music Production - Souumil and Siddharth
Rhythm - Siddharth Mahadevan
Carnatic guitar - Abhay Nayampally
Guitars - Shon Pinto
Backing Vocals - Shrinidhi Ghatate, Archana Hegdekar, Souumil Shringarpure, Siddharth Mahadevan
Lead Actors: Lalit Prabhakar, Chinmay Mandlekar, Kshitee Jog, Abhishek Deshmukh, Amey Barve

@jamahir @vishwambhar @Naofumi @Indos @Goenitz @Valiant @Paitoo @Sharma Ji @Maula Jatt

Last edited:
Beautiful song this. From the name of the song, you would probably think it's a Bollywood Hindi song. I like the gentle beats.

Like the yellow and black shade of the song throughout.
'Now I'm intoxicated to a point I can't drink more'. Interesting😁

Me Nava

For people who have left their home to a different place, this is a very relatable song. You get so used to being given everything on a platter and when suddenly you have to manage everything on your own, you feel lost. But that's when you really grow as a person.

Composer - Souumil and Siddharth
Singer - Shivam Mahadevan
Lyrics - Kshitij Patwardhan
Music Production - Souumil and Siddharth
Rhythm - Siddharth Mahadevan
Carnatic guitar - Abhay Nayampally
Guitars - Shon Pinto
Backing Vocals - Shrinidhi Ghatate, Archana Hegdekar, Souumil Shringarpure, Siddharth Mahadevan
Lead Actors: Lalit Prabhakar, Chinmay Mandlekar, Kshitee Jog, Abhishek Deshmukh, Amey Barve

@jamahir @vishwambhar @Naofumi @Indos @Goenitz @Valiant @Paitoo @Sharma Ji @Maula Jatt
You can't edit in tags dude, it doesn't work when you do that

-------------------------------------------

@Mirzali Khan

You keep mentioning that pasoori Punjabi song from coke studio, but I don’t like it at all. I listen to folk/sufi music from Pakistan...

I prefer listening to pathani Zarsanga from coke studio...

You hear that voice? That voice transcends languages and cannot be recreated by sound engineers. Very few people like this exist in the world and many of them are/were from Pakistan. Reshma, Ataullah Khan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Abida Parveen, Sabri brothers, and some others also fit this parameter for me.

I’m sure you understanding Pashto can enjoy the song on another level from me, as the folk story is about a crazy lover or just an asshole. As a non-pashto speaker I enjoyed the first half of this performance immensely and even though Gul Panra is really cute, she ruined the second half of the song for me..
This slaps, the rhythm is soothing

@Mirzali Khan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom