What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Rahim Shah is a Pathan that has sung in Punjabi and even though you can hear his slight Pathan accent when he is speaking in Urdu, for some reason he sang in Punjabi very well.

Obviously he doesn’t have a villager Punjabi accent, but I wouldn’t be able to tell if he was some city Punjabi If I didn’t know.

It’s funny because his accent is perfect but his inner Pathan comes out in some of the tones. He doesn’t sound robotic at all though.

Rahim Shah is a good singer I agree. The first song of him that I listened to was an Urdu song, not Pashto. And he has contributed many originals to Urdu and Punjabi music industry. That's what matters to me. accent doesn't matter but the song must be an original work.

please-please-band-karo.gif

Bhola record....

Last edited:
I like this song a lot. :tup: It's truly philosophical in contrast to another cringe Hindi film song - 'Zindagi kaisi ye paheli hai, kabhi toh hasaaye, kabhi ye rulaaye'. Most sadness comes from wrong political, social and socio-economic systems which can be replaced with a humanist one.

Please watch below songs as my contribution for today.

Fantastic !

And please watch below songs as my contribution for today :

1. Petra Paneva singing 'Avram zornitsa dumashe' in The Voice of Bulgaria 2021. Just beautiful folk style which I have listened in Hollywood films in dramatic scenes. Ancient style which is so beautiful. Please turn on the volume. This song is a lament. On another YT page of Petya singing in Voice a Bulgarian had written that much of Bulgarian songs are sad.

2. 'Rozana' from the Hindi film Naam Shabana.

3. 'Saiyyaan' sung by Kailash Kher, Paresh Kamath, Naresh Kamath. A flowing, lover's song full of philosophy. Just so nice.

@Goenitz @KedarT @Indos @PDF @Great Janjua @Valiant @Naofumi @Bilal9
Saiyaan is a good song among all the three.

Back
Top Bottom