What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

These songs depict the love stories of Pendus like me and the steps you take into your teenage years in a lively way. Growing up in the villages of Punjab has a different vibe altogether.

Try to focus on the lyrics and forget the video.

@Goenitz @lastofthepatriots @Maula Jatt
Jab hamay payar hua tha tau yeh songs thay
'dil na jisay apna kaha'
'kuch es tarah'
'falak tak chal sath meray'
'aa ja main hawao ma bitha k'
My love emotion didn't stir up on Punjabi songs.. but I find some very sentimental.. like of Ibrar '' main hansya te yar gawaya''
have u listened .. 'shah hussain' of somewhat super...?

@KAL-EL Does this make you wanna go crazy? This is the kind of electronic music that I listen to.

Sounds like something I might want to listen to while driving or working out.

I'm mainly into House, Nu Disco & Techno electronic.

But that's a good track tho

Sounds like something I might want to listen to while driving or working out.

I'm mainly into House, Nu Disco & Techno electronic.

But that's a good track tho
Don't play any Eurobeat while driving unless you wanna crash lol.

@TNT @RealNapster
I am officially obbssesed!!! with this song, I can't understand shit but I am randomly singing da stargi Jaadugari de da, meena lewanye da
jaanan , jaanan under my breath everywhere I go 😂🤣

but do y'all find her accent or lack their off annoying?

I feel like a lot of time non native speakers can't get that accent right and because of that the whole thing falls apart

it's low key annoying for native speakers to listen to and genuinely enjoy the song/movie

I felt like that when listening to Mominas coke studio punjabi song and Mahiras dialogue in Maulla Jutt movie, My heart was saying B-word
just stop, for god sake just stop this torture, it's especially bad for Punjabi as it's a tonal language so accent means a lot (I don't know if Pashto is tonal language or not)

Do y'all felt the same with this song or you think she did a good job?

If you are not a born Pashtoon, Pashto is hard to speak without sounding weird or robot. So I won't judge Haqida kiani for that. I liked the song too. It was on my list for a long time.

it's low key annoying for native speakers to listen to and genuinely enjoy the song/movie

Well if someone sings a new song then it's no issue. But if an other ethnicity speaker sings a trademark Pashto famous songs like "lar sha pekhawar tha by Ali Zafar or Pakhair ragle by another singer" it is weird alot. Because we are not used to listen to these songs in a robotic Pashto accent.

And this is same for all languages. I am sure the case will be same if a Pashtoon tries to sings Chita chola, or Laal gadi, etc

She did an excelent job. Added something to Pashto culture instead of rebranding an old Folk song with new cover.

She did an fine job. Added something to Pashto culture instead of rebranding an old Folk song with new cover.

Last edited:
@TNT @RealNapster
I am officially obbssesed!!! with this song, I can't understand shit but I am randomly singing da stargi Jaadugari de da, meena lewanye da
jaanan , jaanan under my breath everywhere I go 😂🤣

I feel like a lot of time non native speakers can't get that accent right and because of that the whole thing falls apart

I felt like that when listening to Mominas coke studio punjabi song and Mahiras dialogue in Maulla Jutt movie, My heart was saying B-word
just stop, for god sake just stop this torture, it's especially bad for Punjabi as it's a tonal language so accent means a lot (I don't know if Pashto is tonal language or not)

Pashto is more tonal than punjabi and a non native speaker can very easily be distinguished. Her accent is crap and actually she ruined a good song. Kudos u r not a pashto speaker but caught her annoying weird accent 😂, imagine how would it sound to native speakers.

Pashto is more tonal than punjabi and a non native speaker can very easily be distinguished. Her accent is crap and

actually she ruined a good song. Kudos u r not a pashto speaker but
Oh it's still a classic song, it's one of those pashto songs that went "viral" all over the country before coke studio showed up (so a much harder job for any regional language song to become popular all over pakistan), and even in comments you can see people from random countries liking the song cause of it's beat and how the words rhyme

So for people who don't know pashto, it's definitely a very catchy song - it's far from a "bad" song per se, it's a classic for me atleast
caught her annoying weird accent 😂, imagine how would it sound to native speakers.
But I did notice in the song her pronunciation for the same words was not the same as that of Irfan Khan

So I thaught Pashto speakers must be feeling the same thing I feel when someone gets the accent wrong in a song or a movie, it ruins your vibes

I don't know the language so can enjoy the song but sometimes people who speak the language don't feel the same way, cause you expect it to be sung/ pronounced in the proper way

Oh it's still a classic song, it's one of those pashto songs that went "viral" all over the country before coke studio showed up (so a much harder job for any regional language song to become popular all over pakistan), and even in comments you can see people from random countries liking the song cause of it's beat and how the words rhyme

So for people who don't know pashto, it's definitely a very catchy song - it's far from a "bad" song per se, it's a classic for me atleast

But I did notice in the song her pronunciation for the same words was not the same as that of Irfan Khan

So I thaught Pashto speakers must be feeling the same thing I feel when someone gets the accent wrong in a song or a movie, it ruins your vibes

I don't know the language so can enjoy the song but sometimes people who speak the language don't feel the same way, cause you expect it to be sung/ pronounced in the proper way

The song is good overall, wouldve been even better if sung by a native singer like gul panra. That doesn't mean hadiqa kiani is bad, i love her punjabi classic ghazals.

If you are not a born Pashtoon, Pashto is hard to speak without sounding weird or robot. So I won't judge Haqida kiani for that. I liked the song too. It was on my list for a long time.

Well if someone sings a new song then it's no issue. But if an other ethnicity speaker sings a trademark Pashto famous songs like "lar sha pekhawar tha by Ali Zafar or Pakhair ragle by another singer" it is weird alot. Because we are not used to listen to these songs in a robotic Pashto accent.

And this is same for all languages. I am sure the case will be same if a Pashtoon tries to sings Chita chola, or Laal gadi, etc

She did an excelent job. Added something to Pashto culture instead of rebranding an old Folk song with new cover.

She did an fine job. Added something to Pashto culture instead of rebranding an old Folk song with new cover.

Rahim Shah is a Pathan that has sung in Punjabi and even though you can hear his slight Pathan accent when he is speaking in Urdu, for some reason he sang in Punjabi very well.

Obviously he doesn’t have a villager Punjabi accent, but I wouldn’t be able to tell if he was some city Punjabi If I didn’t know.

It’s funny because his accent is perfect but his inner Pathan comes out in some of the tones. He doesn’t sound robotic at all though.

It’s funny because his accent is perfect but his inner Pathan comes out in some of the tones. He doesn’t sound robotic at all though.
Man I absolutely love Rahim Shah,

But tbf I think he took the easy way out by mellowing down the song

Alright this is how I see it - I didn't like this cause it was very mellowed down for Urdu audience
This is authentic

Imo Rahim Shah took the first approach

Last edited:
Rahim Shah is a Pathan that has sung in Punjabi and even though you can hear his slight Pathan accent when he is speaking in Urdu, for some reason he sang in Punjabi very well.

Obviously he doesn’t have a villager Punjabi accent, but I wouldn’t be able to tell if he was some city Punjabi If I didn’t know.

Amazing singer some his best songs in my opinion are Chana ve Chana the one you linked and Pehle tho khabi khabi gham tha also jaane kya mila yeh naseeb.

Amazing singer some his best songs in my opinion are Chana ve Chana the one you linked and Pehle tho khabi khabi gham tha also jaane kya mila yeh naseeb.
Apparently He stole the composition from a famous pashto song... ☠️💀💀

And some Bollywood singer later not only stole his composition but lyrics too ...

Kaarma?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom