What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Indian Punjabi songs and Pakistani songs jin par Punjabi and sraiki or sraiki likha hota ha unki poetry different type ki hoti ha bas yahi farq ha baqi soft and hard singers ki voice hoti ha. Akram rahi arif lohar abrar ul haq etc type singers k song and Indian song aik jaisay hi hotay hain
Yep this is what I said standard accent is same but the dialects in the west are different seraiki and hindko for example so they give
There was a large migration though, most of the urban Indian Punjab have considerable population migrating from Salt range and beyond. Indian Sikhs even coined name for their strange dialect "Bhappa Sikhs", it became a synonym with Khatri caste as most of the migrating were Khatris. So, I think simply a dialect difference is not sufficient to account for the hypothetical phenomenon.
I would say that it is combination of many factors including but not limited to degree of westernization, dialect, culture, urban/rural divide, genre etc.
Bohemia (Pakistani guy) started Hip-Hop in South Asia and I would categorize all of his songs as "hard".
Or say Imran Khan,

On the other hand there are some soft Indian Punjabi singers like,
A- the people who migrated will always change Thier accents and get assimilated in the larger population so I don't know if we can judge them nor would non-speakers would be able to differentiate between dialects (provided if they have an accent)
B- I think I said it standard accent (majha) is similar but on western side dialects becomes softer, pretty much every speaker knows/can see that
The folk songs in standard accent are basically the same but the modern day styles are different imo (except for diaspora Pakistanis who have been influenced by western urban music so they may have started the cultural change of mainstreaming hip hop in SA but they influenced IP music scene more than PP as modern native PP styles are still more towards pop/edm/jazz then they are
Yes people listened to Thier music but not really changed the landscape artists for the most part went to edm/pop/rock styles )

So my two different things
Western dialects like seraiki and hindko are soft spoken(especially seraiki),
By loud it doesn't mean it sounds bad actually to the contrary it sounds dope, if it did than probably among some of the greatest singer in the world Nusrat would sound bad to people as he practically built his career with majha but it clearly doesn't, it's different and unique as Imran Khan songs were among the few SA songs to go global where he can pull up in turkey of all places and get a concert booked, and people can recognize his songs
That's powerful right there, so by "loud"=/"bad", to the contrary actually as proven by it's ability to garner international attention unlike many other regional languages of SA

Standard accent with the shared folk songs are similar but in the modern day the "styles" of music they chose are different
I don't know...it could be a mix because I feel that there are many Punjabi words added in it like 'rabba', 'ranjha', 'lagave', etc.

Agreed.

Ooh, thanks for sharing your views. From the songs you posted, it definitely feels that there is a change in the dialect although it's still very difficult for me to differentiate accurately since I'm not a Punjabi. Since there's no Indian Punjabi on this forum apart from @Brar , who isn't very active, I'll take your word for it. There's a difference in the production quality between Indian and Pakistani songs but that's bound to happen because the Indian film and music industry is huge. It's like comparing regional movie industries of India with Bollywood, there's no competition currently.
Regardless, there are plenty Indian Punjabi songs that are jazzy/pop, case in point this one. Again, I'm assuming this is Punjabi because many words definitely don't look like Hindi.

And for some reason, I like the music in this😂

Happy New Year and be careful with the drinks!😜
Production quality is like that because you were listening to a regional folk song (if you're talking about songs if just regular "movie" industry than agree)
Most of the modern day mainstream PP songs have top of the line production quality
As you can even see with the videos I shared

Last edited:
Coke Studio Season 14 will be released soon. Are you all hyped for it?

Coke Studio Season 14 will be released soon. Are you all hyped for it?
Nah, not really
It's been years of inactivity, I don't know if they can come back as strong
Stop all the shit, and listen these two wonder brothers , YOUNG STUNNERS
Look at the heat :flame:
My favorites
Fire 🔥🔥, boiz are killin it
But How you gonna miss this one bro? :undecided:
I know this is an ad campaign but still song is awesome

Nah, not really
It's been years of inactivity, I don't know if they can come back as strong

Fire 🔥🔥, boiz are killin it
But How you gonna miss this one bro? :undecided:
I know this is an ad campaign but still song is awesome
YT will be performing in this season.

There was a large migration though, most of the urban Indian Punjab have considerable population migrating from Salt range and beyond. Indian Sikhs even coined name for their strange dialect "Bhappa Sikhs", it became a synonym with Khatri caste as most of the migrating were Khatris. So, I think simply a dialect difference is not sufficient to account for the hypothetical phenomenon.
I would say that it is combination of many factors including but not limited to degree of westernization, dialect, culture, urban/rural divide, genre etc.
Bohemia (Pakistani guy) started Hip-Hop in South Asia and I would categorize all of his songs as "hard".
Or say Imran Khan,

On the other hand there are some soft Indian Punjabi singers like,
Among these songs, Satsifya by Imran Khan and Khaab by Akhil are really good. There are some languages which are perfect for pop, hip hop songs and I think Punjabi is definitely one of them. Even for the 'rock' songs.

@Indos
This is one of hit Punjabi folk song. Not folk mainly but traditional may be.

Do Indonesia have revolutionary songs? I mean they must have patriotic song but about some movement?
this one I like

This one is like rap revolutionary song (Inqalab e pakistan zindabad means long live Pakistan revolution), with howling when he says that, it is just goosebumping..

@Indos

Do Indonesia have revolutionary songs? I mean they must have patriotic song but about some movement?
this one I like

This one is like rap revolutionary song (Inqalab e pakistan zindabad means long live Pakistan revolution), with howling when he says that, it is just goosebumping..

Yup, we have some,

This one is one of them, by looking to the way they sing you know it is a patriotic song

This is a new patriotic song that is quite famous in Today Indonesia. This band who create the song

@Indos

I can see even new Pakistan song still have some what similar style like that song. In my opinion Western song is more simple than our local songs.

This is old Japanese song

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom