What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Did some binge listening some hours ago. You have listened to these before but I wanted to share them again.

1. 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo'.

a. By Renu Nagar at her audition in Indian Idol Season 10. Her voice and style really suits this song.

b. By Avanti Patel, the woman with the 100 Watt smile and was also contestant in Indian Idol Season 10, singing in a recorded production.​

2. 'Rozana' from the film Naam Shabana.

3. 'Agar Mujhe Se Mohabbat Hai' from the film Aap Ki Parchaaiyan.

---

@RealNapster @Zibago @Bilal9 ( maybe you will like them ) @fitpOsitive @ps3linux @Moonlight @TheGreatMaratha @vishwambhar @Naofumi @Shantanu_Left

Did some binge listening some hours ago. You have listened to these before but I wanted to share them again.

1. 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo'.

a. By Renu Nagar at her audition in Indian Idol Season 10. Her voice and style really suits this song.

b. By Avanti Patel, the woman with the 100 Watt smile and was also contestant in Indian Idol Season 10, singing in a recorded production.​

2. 'Rozana' from the film Naam Shabana.

3. 'Agar Mujhe Se Mohabbat Hai' from the film Aap Ki Parchaaiyan.

---

@RealNapster @Zibago @Bilal9 ( maybe you will like them ) @fitpOsitive @ps3linux @Moonlight @TheGreatMaratha @vishwambhar @Naofumi @Shantanu_Left

Come on man its too early in the morning to fire up the audio system in my basement, hold up a glass with lot of ice in it and just listen, besides I am in no mood for indulgence well for over two years.;)

Besides there has been a change in music preference for me its more punjabi and punjabi sufi sometimes Pashto classics, Hadiqa Kiani's Wajd, Satinder Sartaj (many of them) and many pakistani singers a couple Indian Punjabi singers like Kanwar Grewal.

Nonetheless 1 and 3 used to be my favorites once, 2 I'll give it a go.

Here is something to enjoy.

I think the singer in Kanwar Grewal

One of the greatest of all times:

Nah this is 100 watt smile:

Last edited:
Good that the recording has subtitles. Still, it will take me many viewings to remember some of the lines, heh heh.

Darn needed some distraction, always need it when making big decision (financial or otherwise) Here are few more to enjoy:

Hadiqa (just turn up the music and listen)

A legend and beauty, humor and romance, PS Zarsanga is over 74 just look at it how she raises her notes my God:

Pure Emotions and a maestro:

For those sad days, in memory of the lost ones:

Its sad cant find many songs in 4k resolution.

Someday search on youtube "Ahmed Rushdi" one of the great ones sad he didn't live long enough, he was way ahead of time. "ko ko korina" and "akele na jana humain chor kar" and "dil ko jalana hum nay chor diya"

Last edited:
A man of culture you are sir. Most of these are in my Playlist along with many others from Saleem Raza, Nayyar Noor, NFAK,RFAK,Nazia Hassan, Noor Jehan, Mussarat Nazir, Attaullah Khan. Cant go through them in a day so i have divided them on days :)
Darn needed some distraction, always need it when making big decision (financial or otherwise) Here are few more to enjoy:

A legend and beauty, humor and romance:

Pure Emotions and a maestro:

For those sad days, in memory of the lost ones:

Its sad cant find many songs in 4k resolution.

Someday search on youtube "Ahmed Rushdi" one of the great ones sad he didn't live long enough, he way ahead of time. "ko ko korina" and "akele na jana humain chor kar" and "dil ko jalana hum nay chor diya"

hold up a glass with lot of ice in it and just listen

Not a comforting cup of warm tea ?

besides I am in no mood for indulgence well for over two years.;)

Why not ?

'Zihaal-e-Miskin' is one of my favorites too. The lines :

Kabhi kabhi shaam aise dhalti hai
Ke jaise ghoonghat utar raha hai
Tumhaare seene se utthta dhuan
Humaare dil se guzar raha hai​

and

Woh aake pehlu me aise baithe
Ke shaam rangeen ho gayi
Zara zara si khili tabeeyat
Zara si ghamgeen ho gayi hai​

I want to use the second para live. :D

I like 'Janaan'. Came to know of it some years ago. Everything about it is good. And Hadiqa looks nice in that Chinese-style dress.

A legend and beauty, humor and romance:

I came to know of 'Rasha Mama' I think a year ago. Through @Zibago I suppose.

---

I will go through your recommendations one by one, starting this evening when I can borrow my brother's headphones.

A man of culture you are sir. Most of these are in my Playlist along with many others from Saleem Raza, Nayyar Noor, NFAK,RFAK,Nazia Hassan, Noor Jehan, Mussarat Nazir, Attaullah Khan. Cant go through them in a day so i have divided them on days :)

Ah a man with good taste in Music. Saleem Raza, Ahmed Rushdi, few by Mala, Mehnaz, Habib Wali Muhammad, Very few by Mehdi Hassan, Asad Amanat Ali, One by Shouket Ali, Few by Naheed Akhtar, Afshan Ahmed (one of the sweetest sounding singer) I dont know the list goes on and on.

4 IPOD classic 64gigs full with Music, couple Ipod Touch and a library of video song well over 30 TB. Selection s too big to schedule just here and there depending on mood.

Not a comforting cup of warm tea ?
Why not ?

Not that I swore something or I used to be a regular one, just avoiding even causal indulgence for no particular reason, gave up smoking just like that almost seven years ago.

'Zihaal-e-Miskin' is one of my favorites too. The lines :

Kabhi kabhi shaam aise dhalti hai
Ke jaise ghoonghat utar raha hai
Tumhaare seene se utthta dhuan
Humaare dil se guzar raha hai​

and

Woh aake pehlu me aise baithe
Ke shaam rangeen ho gayi
Zara zara si khili tabeeyat
Zara si ghamgeen ho gayi hai​

I want to use the second para live. :D

First watch these two and then Zihal e Maskin (Trust me you ll enjoy) without my version of glass.

I like 'Janaan'. Came to know of it some years ago. Everything about it is good. And Hadiqa looks nice in that Chinese-style dress.

I came to know of 'Rasha Mama' I think a year ago. Through @Zibago I suppose.

One day Hadiqa will be among legends of Pakistani singers. She is a regular in our family functions. The dress is 100% Pakistani no Chinese.

As for Rasha Mama, ZarSanga is over 74 years but look at it how she sings, how she raises the notes its unbelievable and Gul Panra well beauty with a voice. The song has a lighter touch almost comedy and romance.

Nah this is 100 watt smile:

Yes, Neeti Mohan also has a 100 watt smile. And this song is one of the few Hindi ones where the woman is singing solo about her opinion about her man. The song is otherwise nice too.

Another song in that style is 'Ambarsariya'.

The lines :

Mujh se kuch teri nazar pooch rahi ho jaise​

and

Woh nazar chupke mujhe dekh rahi ho jaise​

and

Ek lamhe me simat aaya sadiyon ka safar
Zindagi tez bohot tez chali ho jaisi​

I also like the newer version from the film Tum Bin 2.

One day Hadiqa will be among legends of Pakistani singers. She is a regular in our family functions.

Nice to know that you move in artistic circles, that too of such good talent.

As for Rasha Mama, ZarSanga is over 74 years but look at it how she sings, how she raises the notes its unbelievable

Yes, she has a buland awaaz.

and Gul Panra well beauty with a voice.

True.

In an interview she had said that her family opposed, violently, her entry into singing but nice that she was finally able to.

---

@Naofumi @Zibago @RealNapster @TheGreatMaratha @vishwambhar @Moonlight @fitpOsitive .

Last edited:
Yes, Neeti Mohan also has a 100 watt smile. And this song is one of the few Hindi ones where the woman is singing solo about her opinion about her man. The song is otherwise nice too.

Another song in that style is 'Ambarsariya'.

The lines :

Mujh se kuch teri nazar pooch rahi ho jaise​

and

Woh nazar chupke mujhe dekh rahi ho jaise​

and

Ek lamhe me simat aaya sadiyon ka safar
Zindagi tez bohot tez chali ho jaisi​

I also like the newer version from the film Tum Bin 2.

Nice to know that you move in artistic circles, that too of such good talent.

Yes, she has a buland awaaz.

True.

In an interview she had said that her family opposed, violently, her entry into singing but nice that she was finally able to.

---

@Naofumi @Zibago @RealNapster @TheGreatMaratha @vishwambhar @Moonlight @fitpOsitive .

Awesome

Back
Top Bottom