What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

That Arabic Morrocan guy Rachid Taha who sang Abdul Kader. Don't remember the name of the song.

Spot on !

Taha is Algerian.

The song is 'Ya Rayah' which seems to be an even older one sung by another Algerian whose name is listed in the Wikipedia page for the film Mann.

There's even a copy from Bosnia and Herzegovina called 'Jako, jako slabo ti srce zavodis' by Zdravko Colic who seems to be a famous singer there.

Spot on !

Taha is Algerian.

The song is 'Ya Rayah' which seems to be an even older one sung by another Algerian whose name is listed in the Wikipedia page for the film Mann.

There's even a copy from Bosnia and Herzegovina called 'Jako, jako slabo ti srce zavodis' by Zdravko Colic who seems to be a famous singer there.

You a fan of Arabic music?

The male artist sang a part of Desert Rose with Sting

@jamahir no points for guessing which song was copied from this.

You a fan of Arabic music?

Generally of the traditional type. For example, the Qanun instrument. I have listened to a few on the wonderful BBC World Service radio program Charlie Gillett until Mr. Gillett passed away. I have also listened to some on Radio Nederlands.

The male artist sang a part of Desert Rose with Sting

OK... Thanks for the song. I will listen later tonight.

@jamahir no points for guessing which song was copied from this.

Heh heh. 'Ya Aali' from film Gangster. Actually I have posted the original on these pages in 2017. This is the post.

Heard this one @jamahir

This song gives me wanderlust of exotic lands, Tuareg caravans and the Sahara desert at night. My mind works in weird ways lol.

Heard this one @jamahir

Yeah, part French part Arabic.

Have you watched this version of 'Didi' ?

This song gives me wanderlust of exotic lands, Tuareg caravans and the Sahara desert at night. My mind works in weird ways lol.

Perhaps the Fremen desert dress from the Dune books was inspired by the garb of the Tuareg men :

Tuareg_002.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom