What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Ne Mazasi ne parat matrubhoomila sagra praan talmalala (O ocean, take me back to my motherland, I can’t take it any longer here)

Singers: Lata Mangeshkar, Usha Mangeshkar, Pt Hridaynath Mangeshkar
Composer: Pt Hridaynath Mangeshkar
Lyrics: VD Savarkar

Last edited:
The wonderful, flowing Hindi song 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo' sung in three versions.

1. This one by the Indian Idol Season 10 contestant Avanti Patel. She of the 100 watt smile. The vid is nice and please also note the accompanying violin and tabla.

2. This one by Indian Idol Season 10 contestant Renu Nagar who sang this in the audition of the show. She has a husky and nasally voice that is very suited for this kind of song.

3. This one by the Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan who sang it in a show in Dhaka. He goes into the audience and sings, pauses often, yet comes back to sing flawlessly. @Bilal9. Please note one yellow sari wearing woman from the audience who sang some of it quite well. Though some of the audience spoiled their own concert experience by becoming busy with taking selfies with Khan.

---
@Mentee @RealNapster @SIPRA @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @Moonlight @Naofumi

The wonderful, flowing Hindi song 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo' sung in three versions.

1. This one by the Indian Idol Season 10 contestant Avanti Patel. She of the 100 watt smile. The vid is nice and please also note the accompanying violin and tabla.

2. This one by Indian Idol Season 10 contestant Renu Nagar who sang this in the audition of the show. She has a husky and nasally voice that is very suited for this kind of song.

3. This one by the Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan who sang it in a show in Dhaka. He goes into the audience and sings, pauses often, yet comes back to sing flawlessly. @Bilal9. Please note one yellow sari wearing woman from the audience who sang some of it quite well. Though some of the audience spoiled their own concert experience by becoming busy with taking selfies with Khan.

---
@Mentee @RealNapster @SIPRA @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @Moonlight @Naofumi
All renditions were good. Among the first two, I thought the first one was better. Can't compare the 3rd one as it was more of a concert song.

Olya Sanj Veli

Singer : Swapnil Bandodkar, Bela Shende
Music Director : Avinash & Vishwajit Joshi

Among the first two, I thought the first one was better.

Maybe because the first one was a well-produced album-type vid.

Olya Sanj Veli

What does the song name mean and what is it about ?

And Sagarika is a pretty woman though she must put on some weight. Zaheer Khan is a lucky man.

671451-zaheer.jpg

Is this turkish lyrics with bit of mongol throat singing influence? What movie is this from or its made just for the music?

@T-123456 @-SINAN- @xenon54
Throat singing is also Turkic thing not a thing of Mongols only. Lyrics in the songs are not Turkish (subtitles are though) it might be Kyrgyz or Kazakh not sure i can notice some words but not all of them and they are using some old Turkish (for us) Like for "Wolf" we say "Kurt" but old the word is "Börü" again for "Children" we say "Çocuk" but the old word is "Bala" so i can notice them too.

Movie should be this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416044/

I was listening to these musics at the past a lot.

Throat singing is also Turkic thing not a thing of Mongols only. Lyrics in the songs are not Turkish (subtitles are though) it might be Kyrgyz or Kazakh not sure i can notice some words but not all of them and they are using some old Turkish (for us) Like for "Wolf" we say "Kurt" but old the word is "Börü" again for "Children" we say "Çocuk" but the old word is "Bala" so i can notice them too.

Movie should be this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416044/

Thanks bro, hope you are doing well buddy.

Back
Top Bottom