What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

I have a CD player from Marantz. Barely use it anymore though. I like Marantz in general, good quality.

What kind of turntable do you have?
Audio Technica with both analog and digital (USB) interfaces.

Audio Technica with both analog and digital (USB) interfaces.

LP60? LP120?

Asked about those models specifically because they're very popular here in the states.

Mine is from an American company called U Turn. No USB interface, preamp or automatic return, and that's exactly the way I wanted it.

I wanted a minimalist type of turntable with the less moving parts and electronics, the better.

LP60? LP120?

Asked about those models specifically because they're very popular here in the states.

Mine is from an American company called U Turn. No USB interface, preamp or automatic return, and that's exactly the way I wanted it.

I wanted a minimalist type of turntable with the less moving parts and electronics, the better.
LP120

LP60? LP120?

You're very purist sir. I just picked it up because my friend recommended it and I'm pretty okay with it. I like products from AT.

LP120

You're very purist sir. I just picked it up because my friend recommended it and I'm pretty okay with it. I like products from AT.

haha I guess you could say I'm kind of purest. I'm very happy with my table.

And the LP120 is a nice table too. Very popular here. A very nice entry into the vinyl music world without having to spend too much.

Are you using the stock cartridge it came with? And regarding Audio-Technica, I've also been a fan of their products.

They make excellent headphones.

haha I guess you could say I'm kind of purest. I'm very happy with my table.

And the LP120 is a nice table too. Very popular here. A very nice entry into the vinyl music world without having to spend too much.

Are you using the stock cartridge it came with? And regarding Audio-Technica, I've also been a fan of their products.

They make excellent headphones.
I have a bunch of Shure M97xe and Nagaoka MP-110 and few others. The great thing about Lp120 is that you can switch off the builtin pre-amp and pair it with any external pre-amp.
I have used a lot of headphones and mics from Audio Technica in my studio.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of Shure M97xe and Nagaoka MP-110 and few others. The great thing about Lp120 is that you can switch off the builtin pre-amp and pair it with any external pre-amp.
I have used a lot of headphones and mics from Audio Technica in my studio.

The Shure M97xe has a good reputation for a good bang for your buck. Or so I've heard anyway. Too bad Shure stoped making cartridges.

I'm currently using a Grado Black1.

it's good that most consumer turntables now offer switchable preamps.

A lot of people just getting into the hobby have no clue that they either need a phono input in their receiver/amp/table or an external one.

The Shure M97xe has a good reputation for a good bang for your buck. Or so I've heard anyway. Too bad Shure stoped making cartridges.

I'm currently using a Grado Black1.

it's good that most consumer turntables now offer switchable preamps.

A lot of people just getting into the hobby have no clue that they either need a phono input in their receiver/amp/table or an external one.
Yeah that's sad but those are still available at eBay and the local market though you have to pay little extra but there are many alternatives.. so no worries and I won't lose a sleep ... For me vinyl is just an extra experience and I like it but still mostly I use the digital music and vinyl can't hold or be portable as music stored in 500gb sony hap so I have a backup on external hdd which I can carry and plugin my car's audio system.
well lp120 is good in the sense it offers both analog and digital (USB) so one can use can any option.
There are a lot of expensive options available like technics sl1200g but i will not spend my money on it. there are better causes to spend.

Last edited:
20181013_181824.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom