What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Judas Priest really stands out the most to me in the overall broad genre alongside Zep.

No doubt, my friend. Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing are probably the greatest rock duo and what can anyone say about Rob Halford? The ultimate voice and stage presence.

Besides "Electric Eye" as far as a gargantuan classic is concerned when with these guys were singing about the government spying on us way back then lol, this two here go right down in the legendary Priest column.
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll! Crank it up!

And this of course is hands down, the greatest rock ballad of all time.

Did you watch any of the TV show mindhunter yet like I referenced in the other thread? (I dunno if its really your kind of show tho of course) It has some great choice of the old school rock for its soundtrack in parts.

I must've missed that. One the USA thread?

No doubt, my friend. Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing are probably the greatest rock duo and what can anyone say about Rob Halford? The ultimate voice and stage presence.

Besides "Electric Eye" as far as a gargantuan classic is concerned when with these guys were singing about the government spying on us way back then lol, this two here go right down in the legendary Priest column.
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll! Crank it up!

And this of course is hands down, the greatest rock ballad of all time.

Love Richard Simmon's, I mean Klause Meine's hair.

I'm partial to 90's alternative but I recently heard this one after a LONG time.

Ahhh reminds me of the first time I watched Iron Eagle!

Love Richard Simmon's, I mean Klause Meine's hair.

L-O-L! Never made that connection but it's perfect. Minus Simmons goofyness and those shorts lol.

I'm partial to 90's alternative but I recently heard this one after a LONG time.

Oh yeah, debated adding "Rainbow in the Dark" to my post, but thanks for bringing him up. Dio, very sad how he died. Leather lungs, and some of his best stuff I thought was with Sabbath. Heaven and Hell should be put up on its own pedestal in the hall of fame. I think the earth tilted off its axis when that album came out.

The opening music theme to the mid 80s zombie flick "Return of the Living Dead"

To this day, I think one of the best horror/zombie movie opening music themes ever.

Last edited:
Nice song and well sung, but the original one was more feel like a Milli Naghma.
Initially, I felt that too but man things change with time. It is popular with the new generation..you can just look at the huge difference in number of views for both version despite the older version being online for a much longer time.
Even foreigners like this and in fact, it was my Swedish colleague who was listening to it and asked me about the lyrics....so a great introduction and projects the soft image we often talk about without giving up too much..They all are wearing cultural dresses of Pakistan, so it conveys a lot more information about Pakistan to a foreigner.

Yeah its somewhere in that long reply I posted :P

Basically concerns how the FBI changed (incorporating more theory, nuance and info gathering) in the 70s when it comes to analysing psychopaths etc.

Now that I can posts links, I think it is time to share one of my absolute favorite artists..<3

Kim Sohyang

Sohyang is a forty year old protestant Christian Contemporary Music (CCM)/Gospel singer from South Korea. She has been singing her heart out for more than 20 years now, mostly in churches and Christian benefits. She sings for God, not for fame or glory/money, which is a reason she is not known a lot outside of South Korea (many local and international companies tried to sign her, but she refused).

A devout Christian and a cancer survivor (she lost as a 20 year old newlywed the ability to have children due to cervical cancer), Sohyang is considered by some to be one of the best vocalists in Asia, and from time to time she enters singing competitions in Korea where she impresses with her voice and stage presence, re-arranging known songs and covering them live. She is really a very inspiring artist and person, and over the years she has made a lot of pretty incredible performances, each and every one a sight to behold.

One of my favorite performances from her is the cover she did on "Arirang Alone". This live performance is a cover of the famous (in Korea) folk song Arirang Alone, a song talking about the re-unification of the peninsula and an end to the 70year old war between North and South Korea. She sang this on a signing competition called "Immortal Songs 2".

It is a little difficult to describe what exactly she did with that cover, since she adjusted the song and the way she sings it (volume, style, pauses, acts etc) to correspond to the history of the Korean peninsula, and the concept of Haan, as the lyrics bring it forward. Suffice to say though, the end result is striking, regardless of the devastating power the actual lyrics convey to the Korean people.

So..here it is. Cheers..C:

Back
Top Bottom