What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

@Gomig-21 what kind of music do you like bud?

Thx for asking, buddy. Since I'm probably a bit older than the average members here, I'm a bit old-school in some sense but I'm also a musician (been playing the guitar for almost 40 years teaching for 10,) went to music school and played in many bands. My interests are mostly instrumental music. I started with Santana's earlier stuff then got into classic rock and metal (Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Scorpions) progressive metal (Rush) and then shifted to jazz fusion (Chick Corea etc.) and have mostly admired Al DiMeola's music from the start till now, especially his acoustic guitar work.

To go with that first video, here's a (relatively) modern-day classic Egyptian song.

Bent El Sultan or The Daughter of the Sultan.

This is good.
But prefer the previous version for the Ancient Egypt vibe.
It reminds me of a great and mysterious civilization lost with time.

Last edited:
Anyway, the song was unique in its visual presentation.
Accapela can make any song sound amazing
On topic the song Anything Goes originally is on how the society has changed its acceptance on things and how modern times are bizzare and filled with degenerates

Thx for asking, buddy. Since I'm probably a bit older than the average members here, I'm a bit old-school in some sense but I'm also a musician (been playing the guitar for almost 40 years teaching for 10,) went to music school and played in many bands. My interests are mostly instrumental music. I started with Santana's earlier stuff then got into classic rock and metal (Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Scorpions) progressive metal (Rush) and then shifted to jazz fusion (Chick Corea etc.) and have mostly admired Al DiMeola's music from the start till now, especially his acoustic guitar work.

Love the old school stuff for sure (as you know haha since I picked bonham and moon over peart!). Judas Priest really stands out the most to me in the overall broad genre alongside Zep.

Santana is a legend in his own right too :tup:

Did you watch any of the TV show mindhunter yet like I referenced in the other thread? (I dunno if its really your kind of show tho of course) It has some great choice of the old school rock for its soundtrack in parts.

Tour of Duty (the original on TV version) probably had the best sampling of classic rock ever, combined with its Nam setting....it was something else. Too bad the copyright issues and stuff forced them to take it off for later releases (VHS, DVD etc).

@Avicenna @BDforever

Back
Top Bottom