What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Your signature speaks to me.....
Not to late for that?
You are already exposed,just do the interview and ill leave you to your Whiskey and women.
Btw,not nice of you,you party with a Harem but no invitation to a poor lonely Turk who doesnt know how to talk to women,really not nice.
I thought we were friends.:tsk::tsk::tsk:

Not to late for that?
You are already exposed,just do the interview and ill leave you to your Whiskey and women.
Btw,not nice of you,you party with a Harem but no invitation to a poor lonely Turk who doesnt know how to talk to women,really not nice.
:raise::raise::raise::girl_cray3::girl_cray3:

Not to late for that?

@jbgt90 will tell you I am a one-woman man. At the moment, probably a no-woman man.

You'll never guess who first sang this to me, sixty years ago.

Give me half an hour; listening to some incredible Carnatic music.

This freaks me out.....

@jbgt90 will tell you I am a one-woman man. At the moment, probably a no-woman man.

You'll never guess who first sang this to me, sixty years ago.

She also sang the song that Peter O'Toole sings to himself as he flaunts the robes gifted to him by Faisal in Lawrence of Arabia....

This is the Peter O'Toole number:

"As I walk along, wob along the street at Monte Carlo
With an independent air,
I hear the girls declare,
He's the millionaire
He's the man who broke the bank at Monte Carlo...."

Doris day,Aretha Franklin or Ella Fitzgerald.

I guess my age is showing......

It isn't that I just listen to 20s and 30s music. Here's my favourite from Mozart. This was almost his last instrumental piece before the infamous unfinished Requiem (there was a brilliant Quintet in between). I feel sure, listening to his Second Movement, that he was aware that he would die shortly; it is sublime.

I gues I've lost the last of my friends, with that selection of off-track music.

@Joe Shearer Sir, don't know if you enjoy fusion, but heres one bangla song i've enjoyed for quite sometime now.

@BDforever

Actually, I quite like fusion, but dislike Purna Das Baul. He's such a poseur.

@anant_s

Not fusion, but if you like this pure melody, try Lalon Fakir. There's nothing like him. When you listen to him, remember that dark rumour has it that Tagore was hugely influenced by his music. The only portrait of the great man was on the Tagore houseboat, in a sketch by Jyotindranath.

@Joe Shearer
My father is a big fan of SD Burman and we used to have an old HMV cassette of movie Bandini. That was my first introduction of rural bangla music and whilst the songs aren't baul music in true sense, they were influenced heavily.
To this day i still wonder how you can create a magical piece of music from so little instruments.

Back
Top Bottom