What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

@Nilgiri

Are you watching the British mini-series Victoria? There was some dance music in the 2nd episode, probably waltz. I was wondering if you knew anything about it?

Not yet! Maybe later hehe.

Bhai did you get the tag in the St. Petersburg thread?

How do you even know this song lol. It was big a long time ago in the late 80s.

One hit wonder pretty much though @Vergennes @Taygibay

Not yet! Maybe later hehe.

Bhai did you get the tag in the St. Petersburg thread?

How do you even know this song lol. It was big a long time ago in the late 80s.

One hit wonder pretty much though @Vergennes @Taygibay

Wow the nostalgia,this is the kind of things that bring you back to decades ago.This song is immortal,lol.
I remember that my mother was really liking this song and always listened to it. :P

Time goes by so fast,that's crazy...

Last edited:
that my mother was really liking this song
I have seen through few decades pass - maybe your mother might have liked this - I certainly did.

@django Unlike people when songs get old all it takes is remix and voilà you have rebirth. I like these new versions of my old favourite best played in car at high speed - blur reality, space and time. Just watch out for speed cameras though.

I have seen through few decades pass - maybe your mother might have liked this - I certainly did.

@django Unlike people when songs get old all it takes is remix and voilà you have rebirth. I like these new versions of my old favourite best played in car at high speed - blur reality, space and time. Just watch out for speed cameras though.

Two excellent songs, still timeless, though I prefer the originals the remixes rock, no question about it.Kudos

I think I did but I must have been occupied or groggy. :P Forgive me.

kk, you should look up Borodin's music at some point. He has a much more distinct Russian sound than the more western sounding Tchaikovsky.

@Nilgiri Any idea who's playing?

^^ I thought I had posted that yesterday but apparently It wasn't. It was still there in the text editor.

@Nilgiri Any idea who's playing?

^^ I thought I had posted that yesterday but apparently It wasn't. It was still there in the text editor.

It sounds awfully close to the Oistrakh/Menuhin recording I have (the tempo is quite what I prefer....some do it too fast for my liking)...but it sounds a lot more cleaner so maybe newer than that. So not 100% sure I guess.

It sounds awfully close to the Oistrakh/Menuhin recording I have (the tempo is quite what I prefer....some do it too fast for my liking)...but it sounds a lot more cleaner so maybe newer than that. So not 100% sure I guess.
It does, doesn't it? You should listen to the second movement. Definitely among Bach's finest.

Back
Top Bottom