What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Give it time. :D

@Joe Shearer

Enjoy!

Strange coincidence! This is one of the three pieces I listened to the other evening when I uploaded Lucia Popp for you.

In my present troubled, turbulent state of mind, the only solace I get is from Beethoven, or one other piece that I will introduce you to, some day. That one is sublime. It was the last instrumental piece written by the genius whose work it is, and it seems to reflect a foreknowledge of the untimely end that was to follow shortly. It takes you out of yourself, and puts a perspective on your traumas and travails, and speaks to every human being's higher sensibility.

@jbgt90

Like to play that second piece some day, or at least send it to you. The Second Movement is transcendental.

Strange coincidence! This is one of the three pieces I listened to the other evening when I uploaded Lucia Popp for you.

In my present troubled, turbulent state of mind, the only solace I get is from Beethoven, or one other piece that I will introduce you to, some day. That one is sublime. It was the last instrumental piece written by the genius whose work it is, and it seems to reflect a foreknowledge of the untimely end that was to follow shortly. It takes you out of yourself, and puts a perspective on your traumas and travails, and speaks to every human being's higher sensibility.

@jbgt90

Like to play that second piece some day, or at least send it to you. The Second Movement is transcendental.
Almost up there with Bach, no? :D

For me, Partita 3's second movement is as sublime as it gets.

You play? Is there anything you haven't done?

@Joe Shearer

I'd like them to play that on my funeral. Just before playing The Black Bear .

Inglorious bastards
Chariots of fire
The gael from the last of Mohicans
Voila by Francoise Hardy
Ne Me Quitte Pas by Jacques Brel
Donna Donna by Joan Baez

Taste in music is as nomadic as I'm.

Prince Igor by Natasha
Andean Music (Andes range)
Mathasbnish by Sherine
Ahibhina bila uqadi Sahir Kadim

Ruth by Anna Järvinen (listened live at her place)

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @jbgt90

Tell me what you make of this. I love the Goldberg Variations in Harpsichord (Leonhardt's recording) but this sounds really nice to me. Also Joe, Tell me if I'm being a nuisance. I won't mind if you do. :P

Me, object to listening to good music? I love it, except that other than what I have recorded on disc, none of it is with me (it's all lying in Dera Bassi, where it has been since an utter idiot made me rush from there to H'bad). I've been effectively paying storage there for as lovely a little flat as you can imagine, just half a mile from the Ghaggar (this was the river that was reputedly the Saraswati of ancient days, which flowed into the Arabian Sea).

I'm hoping to recover it soon. Meanwhile, play on McDuff.

Me, object to listening to good music? I love it, except that other than what I have recorded on disc, none of it is with me (it's all lying in Dera Bassi, where it has been since an utter idiot made me rush from there to H'bad). I've been effectively paying storage there for as lovely a little flat as you can imagine, just half a mile from the Ghaggar (this was the river that was reputedly the Saraswati of ancient days, which flowed into the Arabian Sea).

I'm hoping to recover it soon. Meanwhile, play on McDuff.
Ah, I was afraid that you were annoyed by the tagging and questioning. :) So do I have your permission to tag you and ask your opinion every now and then? By the way, You never told me what you thought of that goldberg variations's violin concerto of sorts.

Ah, I was afraid that you were annoyed by the tagging and questioning. :) So do I have your permission to tag you and ask your opinion every now and then? By the way, Youi never told me what you thought of that goldberg variations's violin concerto of sorts.

I do like the Goldberg variations, but musically I have got into a rut. Now I tend to keep bouncing off the same very few pieces in a random kind of pattern: Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, Paganini's VC, anything by Mozart but topped for all time by the Clarinet Concerto, anything, any time, by Beethoven (have you heard the Rage over a Lost Penny?), stuff like that. Oh, Haydn, a lot, Bach's Brandenburg Concerti and almost all non-Wagnerian opera. That's in western Classical, and there are several other genres where I tend to get stuck. Banal and predictable.

I do like the Goldberg variations, but musically I have got into a rut. Now I tend to keep bouncing off the same very few pieces in a random kind of pattern: Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, Paganini's VC, anything by Mozart but topped for all time by the Clarinet Concerto, anything, any time, by Beethoven (have you heard the Rage over a Lost Penny?), stuff like that. Oh, Haydn, a lot, Bach's Brandenburg Concerti and almost all non-Wagnerian opera. That's in western Classical, and there are several other genres where I tend to get stuck. Banal and predictable.
Yep, I'm like that too. Maybe its the Western Classical. Maybe its easier to enjoy the compositions you're familiar with. I'm more into violin and strings so I don't go there much. You should post your favourite interpretation of that Beethoven's piece and I'd be delighted to listen to it. By the way, I'm enjoying the interpretation of the Brandenburg Concertos you posted.

Back
Top Bottom