What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

You can feel the influence of "fur elise" on both singers and beethoven starts doing his magic in my head when I listen to both these songs
Moammar Rana Jia Ali Babar Ali - Teri Meri Nazren "Dil Deewana Hay" (2001) - YouTube
Sounds copied. Yeah!

Interestingly 2 of your fav Lata songs also feature Zeenat Aman. :P
Just saying...
Lolzzz
I think Zeenat Aman looked stunning in most of her movies. Though she was under-utilised as an actress.
Btw I didn't get any notification. :(

Chalein....sleep deprived me needs a slow song....

Sounds copied. Yeah!

Interestingly 2 of your fav Lata songs also feature Zeenat Aman. :P
Just saying...
Lolzzz
I think Zeenat Aman looked stunning in most of her movies. Though she was under-utilised as an actress.

A lucky co-incident! I wud love both these songs as much even if they were shot on a hippo, and bhor bhaye is simply too damn hot to watch so I mostly disable the video or play mp3!

But Zeenat Aman is the most beautiful Indian actress forever, imo :-)

Btw I didn't get any notification. :(

Neither did I

Chalein....sleep deprived me needs a slow song....

A lucky co-incident!
Liar. :lol:
I wud love both these songs as much even if they were shot on a hippo, and bhor bhaye is simply too damn hot to watch so I mostly disable the video or play mp3!
Okay i watched the song to recheck what you said. I think she looks her usual self in that song. But yes the song is beautiful and rendered well by Lata Mangeshkar. So the hippo part of your comment is true. Lolzz
I have yet to see a hindi movie heroine who looks as appealing as her and carries herself with such elegance.
Zeenat Aman is the most beautiful Indian actress forever, imo
ummm?
Beautiful?
No i think that title belongs to Madhubala....forever.
12516c74a14e34fa7aa3ce3b09911255.jpg

and thanks for the tum mile song. One of the songs from my childhood memories which i love most. The song has a haunting effect...or so i feel. :)

These days i love listening to songs from this movie...i love the "parvardigara" part and its echo.

Okay i watched the song to recheck what you said. I think she looks her usual self in that song.

She's wears next to nothing in "bhor bhaye" and u call it usual!

ummm?
Beautiful?
No i think that title belongs to Madhubala....forever.
12516c74a14e34fa7aa3ce3b09911255.jpg

This is where we part ways

and thanks for the tum mile song. One of the songs from my childhood memories which i love most. The song has a haunting effect...or so i feel. :)

These days i love listening to songs from this movie...i love the "parvardigara" part and its echo.

Me likes oldies, but could use suggestions for Indian Coke Studio.

She's wears next to nothing in "bhor bhaye" and u call it usual!
nothing? :blink:

a deep neck top and a short skirt.
you call it nothing??
When i said usual i meant, these days so many heroines wear such dresses for item numbers. So yeah its very "usual"/ common these days. 8-)
anyways whats the big deal? she was still covered.
This is where we part ways
she was good looking but not the best.
Me likes oldies, but could use suggestions for Indian Coke Studio.
Me likes all sorts of songs, as long as it music to my ears. lolz

try this

nothing? :blink:

a deep neck top and a short skirt.
you call it nothing??
When i said usual i meant, these days so many heroines wear such dresses for item numbers. So yeah its very "usual"/ common these days. 8-)
anyways whats the big deal? she was still covered.

All in all, it's something

Me likes all sorts of songs, as long as it music to my ears. lolz

try this

Not Rohail Hayyat's wonder kid, i wrote "Indian Coke Studio"

Last edited:
All in all, it's something
[
Not Rohail Hayyat's wonder kid, i wrote "Indian Coke Studio"
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
I confess I had not watched the whole video. Edit it pls.
Don't scandalise me like this ever.

Last edited:

umm, 2002 is not that old. :D

and one scene i particularly remember from that film's trailers is sohail khan jumping onto the roof of a van and the glass of the van exploding.

@jamahir its my turn now...

i stumbled upon this today...and i think the girl has sung it beautifully.
Try it. @BDforever and @thesolar65

yeah, shirely setia has talent, style, is pretty and is so sweet ( i love her expressions )... she is the most famous desi singer on youtube i think... i know of her since about six or eight months i think... lately, she seems to have become well-known in bollywood.

in that medley part where she sings "aati kya khandala" i liked it that she replicated rani's laugh.

she sang "manmarziyan" from "lootera" so beautifully :

Manmarziyan - Lootera (Shilpa Rao) | Cover by Shirley Setia - YouTube

and one of her favorite songs is "sun zara" from the sallu film "lucky"... she has uploaded the adnan sami live version and it is superb :

Sun Zara by Adnan Sami - YouTube

adnan's version is better than sonu's original, though the original has very nice visuals and mood :

Sun Zara (Full Song) | Lucky | Salmaan Khan | Sneha Ullal - YouTube

adnan was the music composer for "lucky".

the film and the songs had nice visuals... look at this song "jaan meri ja rahi sanam" :

Aake Bharlo Bajuo Mein (Full Song) | Lucky - No Time For Love - YouTube

and back to shirley, you should watch her "shirley speaks" q&a series... and this is a small list of her songs i have liked :

"tu hai ki nahi" :

Tu Hai Ki Nahi - Roy | Female Cover by Shirley Setia ft. Ankit Narotam - YouTube

"ishq wala love", a duet and with a talent guitar player :

Ishq Wala Love (Cover) - Kanik, Shirley & Nihar - YouTube

"kamli" :

Kamli - Dhoom 3 (Sunidhi Chauhan) | Cover by Shirley Setia ft. The Gunsmith - YouTube

Hey man, my internet was down for some days now. I just checked out the songs but didn't listen a single one complete cuz I'm kinda checked out from this format (and music as whole) recently. Lately I had been listening to some semi/classical most notably Ustad Salamat Ali Khan of Sham Churaasi Gharana. And in the next phase, hopefully I'll listen to some junk for a while like Busta Rhymes, Sean Paul, Chris Brown etc. Because, sometimes you gotta eat fast food :partay:

Salamat is in the middle with his sons:
USTAD SALAMAT ALI KHAN & SONS LIVE IN LOK VIRSA STAGE - YouTube

maybe one needs to develop a taste for this kind of classical music but to me it sounded like they were having a family quarrel. :D

and those rappers ( ?? ) you listed, i generally am unable to understand the fast lyrics of rap... and yes, one needs to eat "pani puri" sometimes to understand biryani. :D

tina sani's voice and singing style, which is nice, reminds me of peenaz masani, the indian mostly-ghazals singer... though i don't think this particular song should have been sung that way.

but ahmed jahanzeb sung it so beautifully with the music being superb... it really presented the song's feelings to the full... it is the male counterpart to chaya ganguly's presentation in the film "gaman" ( the song i posted ).

i listened to his song four times last night, the late hours so much suited to the mood of the song.

@Levina @BDforever @Zibago @django @Ammara Chaudhry

All I gotta say is, she's Looks super cute!

that she does... one of the few parsi actresses in indian cinema and tv... search for these others : jennifer kotwal, shehnaz treasurywala, parizad kolah marshall.

and the other famous song from the film was "tose naina laage piya saanwari" :

Anwar - Tose Naina Lage Piya Saanware Nahin Bas Mein - Kshitij Tarey - Shilpa Rao - YouTube

beautiful in lyrics, music, singing and the visuals of this particular vid... outstanding.

2 of my most favorite Lata songs:

"teri do takiya di naukri me mera laakhon ka saawan jaaye". :D

zeenat aman on that swing reminds me of the nice song "saawan ke jhoole pade"... such a peaceful song :

SAAWAN KE JHOOLE PADE -COMPLETE SONG- LATA -ANAND BAKSHI -R D BURMAN (JURMANA 1979) - YouTube

levina and others ^^^

and "bhor bhaye panghat pe" is a great song... i like its music too... its composer duo, laxmikant-pyarelal, have given some superb music and i will make a list of them in my next post.

Pakistani Majnoon From Ishq-e-Laila (1957). Singer is Meesha Shaffi's grandpa

thanks for the info.

i liked the echoey style of the singing and i think laila's head jewellery looks authentic.

and from "laila majnoon" i was reminded of the hindi film "heer ranjha" and from it the one and only raaj kumar sahab whose one song i like a lot - "har taraf ab yahi afsaane hain" :

HAR TARAF AB YAHI AFSANE HAIN ORIGINAL song by MANNA DE for RAAJ KUMAR - YouTube

levina and others ^^^

i think the song's flamboyance and raaj kumar's flamboyance rather suits me. :D

by the way, the song's film "hindustan ki kasam" is a india-pakistan spy story with the heroine, priya rajvansh, playing a indian agent.

I like this one too

a melodious song.

and the heroine's easy smile reminded me of madhubala and amita.

and the setting in the song seems a relaxed version of mehwish hayat's "billi".

and speaking of amita, i like her and shammi kapoor in "sar par topi laal haath me resham ka roomal" :

Sar pe topi lal..Rafi_AshaBhosle_Majrooh_O P Nayyar_Tumsa nahi dekha..a tribute - YouTube

i find amita very pretty... below is another song, "aayen hain doorse", from the same film, "tumsa nahi dekha", that portrays her beauty more closely :

Aaye Hai Doorse - Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle, Tumsa Nahin Dekha Song - YouTube

It's....... well, not moving!

given a few days or months i am sure it will. :D

song suits the visuals... aishwarya is lovely as ever... i also like "hai mera dil" from the same film :

Hai Mera Dil (Josh) - YouTube

I think there are additional 1 or 2 examples excluding this one by Sanu plus this one by Waris Baig which have one thing in common, or so I think : You can feel the influence of "fur elise" on both singers and beethoven starts doing his magic in my head when I listen to both these songs

Moammar Rana Jia Ali Babar Ali - Teri Meri Nazren "Dil Deewana Hay" (2001) - YouTube

thanks for the info... i see/hear the similarity.

---

i have a suggestion for all... let us not embed vids but copy their url's but without the "http" part... this will leave only the url in the post and will make the pages load faster and not cause some machines to hang.

with this i bid you goodnight.

Last edited:

and one scene i particularly remember from that film's trailers is sohail khan jumping onto the roof of a van and the glass of the van exploding.

yeah, shirely setia has talent, style, is pretty and is so sweet ( i love her expressions )... she is the most famous desi singer on youtube i think... i know of her since about six or eight months i think... lately, she seems to have become well-known in bollywood.

in that medley part where she sings "aati kya khandala" i liked it that she replicated rani's laugh.

and one of her favorite songs is "sun zara" from the sallu film "lucky"... she has uploaded the adnan sami live version and it is superb :

adnan's version is better than sonu's original, though the original has very nice visuals and mood :

the film and the songs had nice visuals... look at this song "jaan meri ja rahi sanam" :

and back to shirley, you should watch her "shirley speaks" q&a series... and this is a small list of her songs i have liked :

"tu hai ki nahi" :

Tu Hai Ki Nahi - Roy | Female Cover by Shirley Setia ft. Ankit Narotam - YouTube

"kamli" :

Kamli - Dhoom 3 (Sunidhi Chauhan) | Cover by Shirley Setia ft. The Gunsmith - YouTube

maybe one needs to develop a taste for this kind of classical music but to me it sounded like they were having a family quarrel. :D

and those rappers ( ?? ) you listed, i generally am unable to understand the fast lyrics of rap... and yes, one needs to eat "pani puri" sometimes to understand biryani. :D

tina sani's voice and singing style, which is nice, reminds me of peenaz masani, the indian mostly-ghazals singer... though i don't think this particular song should have been sung that way.

but ahmed jahanzeb sung it so beautifully with the music being superb... it really presented the song's feelings to the full... it is the male counterpart to chaya ganguly's presentation in the film "gaman" ( the song i posted ).

i listened to his song four times last night, the late hours so much suited to the mood of the song.

that she does... one of the few parsi actresses in indian cinema and tv... search for these others : jennifer kotwal, shehnaz treasurywala, parizad kolah marshall.

Anwar - Tose Naina Lage Piya Saanware Nahin Bas Mein - Kshitij Tarey - Shilpa Rao - YouTube

beautiful in lyrics, music, singing and the visuals of this particular vid... outstanding.

zeenat aman on that swing reminds me of the nice song "saawan ke jhoole pade"... such a peaceful song :

SAAWAN KE JHOOLE PADE -COMPLETE SONG- LATA -ANAND BAKSHI -R D BURMAN (JURMANA 1979) - YouTube

levina and others ^^^

and "bhor bhaye panghat pe" is a great song... i like its music too... its composer duo, laxmikant-pyarelal, have given some superb music and i will make a list of them in my next post.

thanks for the info.

i liked the echoey style of the singing and i think laila's head jewellery looks authentic.

and from "laila majnoon" i was reminded of the hindi film "heer ranjha" and from it the one and only raaj kumar sahab whose one song i like a lot - "har taraf ab yahi afsaane hain" :

HAR TARAF AB YAHI AFSANE HAIN ORIGINAL song by MANNA DE for RAAJ KUMAR - YouTube

levina and others ^^^

by the way, the song's film "hindustan ki kasam" is a india-pakistan spy story with the heroine, priya rajvansh, playing a pakistani agent. :D

a melodious song.

and speaking of amita, i like her and shammi kapoor in "sar par topi laal haath me resham ka roomal" :

Sar pe topi lal..Rafi_AshaBhosle_Majrooh_O P Nayyar_Tumsa nahi dekha..a tribute - YouTube

i find amita very pretty... below is another song, "aayen hain doorse", from the same film, "tumsa nahi dekha", that portrays her beauty more closely :

song suits the visuals... aishwarya is lovely as ever... i also like "hai mera dil" from the same film :

---

i have a suggestion for all... let us not embed vids but copy their url's but without the "http" part... this will leave only the url in the post and will make the pages load faster and not cause some machines to hang.

There are only two songs of Tina Sani, which I actually like to listen.

And

It's in ur post only. now u get me?
Just so you know...I AM NOT SO DUMBBBBBBBB. :confused:
You did not have to make it so OBVIOUS to me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yes you better CLOSE your eyes and listen to that song.:angry:
Khush?????

"tu hai ki nahi" :

"kamli" :

levina and others ^^^

thanks for the info.

levina and others ^^^

by the way, the song's film "hindustan ki kasam" is a india-pakistan spy story with the heroine, priya rajvansh, playing a indian agent.

a melodious song.

---

A thing of beauty is a joy forever they say.
Aishwarya looked so good in that song.

Reminds me of an old ad...

It was kinda high dossage for a starter. All kinds of music I know, Sub-continental classical/semi-classical is the top end. It actually calms you, literally. West is about instruments but East is voice, human voice doing magic. Once u tune in, everything else is junk.

That's the idea. Check out busta Rhymes' part in the following from 1:28
Chris Brown - Look At Me Now ft. Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes

You may like
Kaho ek Din

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgu1jK5KUqI

thanks for the info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Rhlq-ABe0

All are good :tup:

:coffee:

Just so you know...I AM NOT SO DUMBBBBBBBB. :confused:
You did not have to make it so OBVIOUS to me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yes you better CLOSE your eyes and listen to that song.:angry:
Khush?????

I'm not saying u are. Let it be gone.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back