What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

when i think of norway
d2e3ffbd595d5dcdb802d5fc0987a5f2.jpg

What type of heavy metal are you into? Power metal like Powerwolf or Blind Guardian? Gothic metal like Moonsorrow and Tristania? Black metal like Gorgoroth or Vader? Symphonic black? Blackened death? Death? There's a lot of sub-types.

I'm a fan of Symphonic black, like Immergo:

And Melodic death, like Mors Principium Est:

Some Industrial black metal bands too, like Aborym:

But I mainly listed to EBM, or Electronic black metal, like Nurzery Rhymes:

And Miss Constuction:

What type of heavy metal are you into? Power metal like Powerwolf or Blind Guardian? Gothic metal like Moonsorrow and Tristania? Black metal like Gorgoroth or Vader? Symphonic black? Blackened death? Death? There's a lot of sub-types.

I'm a fan of Symphonic black, like Immergo:

And Melodic death, like Mors Principium Est:

Some Industrial black metal bands too, like Aborym:

But I mainly listed to EBM, or Electronic black metal, like Nurzery Rhymes:

And Miss Constuction:

i mostly listen to progressive metal like opeth,dream theater,agalloch,btbam and few others.
other then these,this album(contains 1 song) which i just found out which is amazing

Damn that guy did a pretty kickass cover :tup:

Not a fan of skrillex but this remix sounds good to me.

Like the mix bro, awesome !

Damn that guy did a pretty kickass cover :tup:

Not a fan of skrillex but this remix sounds good to me.

This Leroy Sanchez guy has a great voice, too, if you look into his covers -- he's got some sweet renditions.

This one is worthy of recognition:

Their language is actually also similar to Altaic languages, some of their words and lexicons are similar to Ainu Language of Northern Japan. In fact Ainu language is spoken not only in Northern Japan (Hokkaido), but also in Sakhalin, and parts of Kamchatkya. Very close to the Yakutsk people and Yakutia, actually.

Historical_expanse_of_Ainu.png

thanks for the info.

nice, quiet, melodious.

the singer's youth and the nice singing reminds me the famous song "kabhi jo baadal barse" as rendered by darshan raval in his participation in the indian tv singing talent program "india's rawstar" in 2014...

Kabhi Jo Badal Barse - Darshan Raval,Arijit Singh India's Raw Star - YouTube

this song brings me a particular memory.

Another favorite, so exotic to my ears ! Anelia , a bulgarian singer (sexy, hot, whoaaa!) sings this song "Obichai me":

:smitten::smitten:

the song a bit too pop-py for my gentle taste. :D

but she certainly is vivacious.

and the scenery is nice.

Soft to the ears ! What's he saying?

i don't understand the bangla language but a part of his lyrics and sound music is actually a old hindi song[1] - "jo waada kiya woh nibhaana padega", meaning "you promised to come to me, keep your promise".

and at 3:02 mins the instrument is the "sarangi" originally i think from the western indian largely desert region of rajputana which after 1947 got divided into the modern indian state of rajasthan and i don't know which pakistani administrative areas form this region ( @Zibago , @django ?? ), but the thar desert is shared between the two countries.

i like the sarangi...

Sarangi.JPG

and listen to "kabhi jo baadal barse" that i linked above.

PS. why are you using a bat in your avatar? Where is the cat?!?!?

2. That is not normal bat, he is from

yes, bd bhai, get the cat back !!

---

[1] Jo wada kiya wo nibhana padega.mp4 - YouTube

this guy got a really good voice.
I wonder why he isn't popular yet?

@Nihonjin1051 @BDforever

this is a almost-literal translation of the initial lyrics of "kabhi jo baadal barse"...

kabhi jo baadal barse ( when the clouds open above us )
main dekhoon tujhe aanken bharke ( and my eyes fill me with your presence )
tu lage mujhe pehli baarish ki dua ( you look the blessing the first rain brings )

tere pehlu me rehloon main ( to remain in your shadow )
khudko paagal kehdoon ( is the madness i desire )
tu gham de ya khushiyaan ( give me sadness or make me happy )
sab sehloon saathiya ( i will live with anything you bestow )

---

the boat scene song from "man from u.n.c.l.e"...

The Man from U N C L E Soundtrack Che Vuole Questa Musica Stasera Profumo Di Donna YouTube - YouTube

the song so much suited the mood of the scene, and it was a good film, saw it twice in the cinema.

---

@BDforever @Nihonjin1051 @Mr.Meap

i can't imagine myself ever listening to "heavy metal"... i will become "disturbed" if i do, and more so if they became "heavier". :D

however, let me introduce you to hypnotic central asian music of sevara nazarkhan who i came to know in the fine bbc worldservice radio program "charlie gillet" many years ago...

1. yol bolsin - Sevara Nazarkhan - Yol Bolsin - YouTube

2. yor-yor, live at womad - Sevara Nazarkhan - Yor-Yor (Live at WOMAD) - YouTube

3. adolat tanovari - [Uzbek-Turks] Sevara Nazarkhan - Adolat Tanovari - YouTube

4. orik gullaganda - Ozbek Uzbek Turk Irki Sevara Nazarkhan Orik Gullaganda - YouTube

5. orik gullaganda, slower version, guitars, clearer - Sevara Nazarkhan - Orik Gullaganda - YouTube

"yol bolsin" was the song that propelled sevara nazarkhan to international fame and the late mr. charlie gillet of the said radio program had a big role to play in this and in 2003 she performed this song in the "world music and dance festival" ( womad ) held in britain every year.

she is a popular singer in central asia and i have seen a youtube vid of her performing in a russian music tv program.

though i don't understand the uzbeki language i find her music beautiful, though there are a few words that desis can recognize because uzbeki seems to borrow from farsi.

---

@BDforever @Zibago @django @Levina @Nihonjin1051

Wow!!!
At first the music gave me a feel of Middle East.
To be frank I know zilch about Central Asia.
But thanks for the tags, those were really nice songs. I liked the first 2 songs very much.

@T-123456 do you understand the language?? I meant in the songs quoted by Jamahir.
One of the songs has the lyrics"Turk irki", anything to do with turkey???

Why is it that most of the *Bengalis are good singers???
*I meant BDians are also Bengalis, isn't it???
Anyways I find them super cute. Hehe

I love this song, no matter who sings it. :-)

Back
Top Bottom