What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Any fans of Disturbed?.
@WAJsal @Zibago @jamahir
Listen to it's Indestructible

came to know from your last post here that "disturbed" is of the "heavy metal" genre... well, not my kind of music... i listen mainly to desi/hindi/urdu/hindustani music with a few slow english numbers and a good amount of "world music" like the songs of the uzbekistani singer sevara nazarkhan or kora music from west africa.

came to know from your last post here that "disturbed" is of the "heavy metal" genre... well, not my kind of music... i listen mainly to desi/hindi/urdu/hindustani music with a few slow english numbers and a good amount of "world music" like the songs of the uzbekistani singer sevara nazarkhan or kora music from west africa.
I don't like slow songs, you should try Disturbed, they've gone "heavier" after every album.

I don't like slow songs, you should try Disturbed, they've gone "heavier" after every album.

i can't imagine myself ever listening to "heavy metal"... i will become "disturbed" if i do, and more so if they became "heavier". :D

however, let me introduce you to hypnotic central asian music of sevara nazarkhan who i came to know in the fine bbc worldservice radio program "charlie gillet" many years ago...

1. yol bolsin - Sevara Nazarkhan - Yol Bolsin - YouTube

2. yor-yor, live at womad - Sevara Nazarkhan - Yor-Yor (Live at WOMAD) - YouTube

3. adolat tanovari - [Uzbek-Turks] Sevara Nazarkhan - Adolat Tanovari - YouTube

4. orik gullaganda - Ozbek Uzbek Turk Irki Sevara Nazarkhan Orik Gullaganda - YouTube

5. orik gullaganda, slower version, guitars, clearer - Sevara Nazarkhan - Orik Gullaganda - YouTube

"yol bolsin" was the song that propelled sevara nazarkhan to international fame and the late mr. charlie gillet of the said radio program had a big role to play in this and in 2003 she performed this song in the "world music and dance festival" ( womad ) held in britain every year.

she is a popular singer in central asia and i have seen a youtube vid of her performing in a russian music tv program.

though i don't understand the uzbeki language i find her music beautiful, though there are a few words that desis can recognize because uzbeki seems to borrow from farsi.

---

@BDforever @Zibago @django @Levina @Nihonjin1051

i can't imagine myself ever listening to "heavy metal"... i will become "disturbed" if i do, and more so if they became "heavier". :D

however, let me introduce you to hypnotic central asian music of sevara nazarkhan who i came to know in the fine bbc worldservice radio program "charlie gillet" many years ago...

1. yol bolsin - Sevara Nazarkhan - Yol Bolsin - YouTube

2. yor-yor, live at womad - Sevara Nazarkhan - Yor-Yor (Live at WOMAD) - YouTube

3. adolat tanovari - [Uzbek-Turks] Sevara Nazarkhan - Adolat Tanovari - YouTube

4. orik gullaganda - Ozbek Uzbek Turk Irki Sevara Nazarkhan Orik Gullaganda - YouTube

5. orik gullaganda, slower version, guitars, clearer - Sevara Nazarkhan - Orik Gullaganda - YouTube

"yol bolsin" was the song that propelled sevara nazarkhan to international fame and the late mr. charlie gillet of the said radio program had a big role to play in this and in 2003 she performed this song in the "world music and dance festival" ( womad ) held in britain every year.

she is a popular singer in central asia and i have seen a youtube vid of her performing in a russian music tv program.

though i don't understand the uzbeki language i find her music beautiful, though there are a few words that desis can recognize because uzbeki seems to borrow from farsi.

---

@BDforever @Zibago @django @Levina @Nihonjin1051

Listen to some Yakutsk music, friend. Their language is so beautiful! :wub:

Turkish languages are so soft to the ears, airy! Naturally melodic, me-thinks!!!

Viking music

Duivelspack - Voluspa

Ask veit ek standa,
heitir Yggdrasill
hár baðmr, ausinn
hvíta auri;
þaðan koma döggvar
þærs í dala falla;
stendr æ yfir grœnn
Urðar brunni.

Þaðan koma meyjar
margs vitandi
þrjár, ór þeim sal
er und þolli stendr;
Urð hétu eina,
aðra Verðandi,
skáru á skíði,
Skuld ina þriðju;
þær lög lögðu,
þær líf kuru
alda börnum,
örlög seggja.

any metalheads here??
if yes then which is ur fav. band?

Carach Angren:

Listen to some Yakutsk music, friend. Their language is so beautiful! :wub:

hmm, some word-sounds in this language ( the sudden stops ) seem like the northeastern indian languages that i have heard people speak but can't differentiate between these languages that are spoken in the different states in that india region... many people in this region originate from south east asia and some are tibetan ethnicity, like in arunachal pradesh state which china calls "south tibet".

Turkish languages are so soft to the ears, airy! Naturally melodic, me-thinks!!!

central asia and russia are airy places anyway. :D

central asia and russia are airy places anyway. :D

Yes, well the republic that this singer hails from is Yakutia, a northern republic in the Russian Federation:

They are arctic folks, he he he ! ;)

ingush_yakut_large.jpg

hmm, some word-sounds in this language ( the sudden stops ) seem like the northeastern indian languages that i have heard people speak but can't differentiate between these languages that are spoken in the different states in that india region... many people in this region originate from south east asia and some are tibetan ethnicity, like in arunachal pradesh state which china calls "south tibet".

Their language is actually also similar to Altaic languages, some of their words and lexicons are similar to Ainu Language of Northern Japan. In fact Ainu language is spoken not only in Northern Japan (Hokkaido), but also in Sakhalin, and parts of Kamchatkya. Very close to the Yakutsk people and Yakutia, actually.

Historical_expanse_of_Ainu.png

Viking music

Duivelspack - Voluspa

Ask veit ek standa,
heitir Yggdrasill
hár baðmr, ausinn
hvíta auri;
þaðan koma döggvar
þærs í dala falla;
stendr æ yfir grœnn
Urðar brunni.

Þaðan koma meyjar
margs vitandi
þrjár, ór þeim sal
er und þolli stendr;
Urð hétu eina,
aðra Verðandi,
skáru á skíði,
Skuld ina þriðju;
þær lög lögðu,
þær líf kuru
alda börnum,
örlög seggja.

Carach Angren:

when i think of norway
d2e3ffbd595d5dcdb802d5fc0987a5f2.jpg

Another favorite, so exotic to my ears ! Anelia , a bulgarian singer (sexy, hot, whoaaa!) sings this song "Obichai me":

:smitten::smitten:

@T-55 @vostok @yugocrosrb95 --- brothers, is there something similar to this kind of song or musical genre in Serbian , Croat or Russian?

I love the background sound , too.

Soft to the ears ! What's he saying?

PS. why are you using a bat in your avatar? Where is the cat?!?!?

I always thought no one lived there.

Its sparely populated, but the majority of the people that live there are Yakutsk people, a Turkic subgroup. They are of Tungoid origin, are racial kin of Mongols, Koreans, Northern Japanese , and Turkish races (Kazakh, Azeri, Turkey et al)...

dthoYakutsk011.jpg

coldest21n-5-web.jpg

12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom