What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

My musical tastes are a bit eclectic. I like playing Paulo Arruda's creations while chilling with an icy mocktail.

And a little bit retro and yet hauntingly beautiful (only the greatest theme song written for a TV serial, maybe for any media), Twin Peaks, created by the incomparable David Lynch...

p183906_b_v5_aa.jpg

Last edited:
Near Retro...

Far, far away retro

And if you're in a relaxing mood, try a selection from Joe Hisaishi from his Budokan performance. Mr. Hisaishi, a conductor composer and pianist, is considered a national treasure in Japan.

Uff kiski yaad diladi aap nai! Mehdi hassan Sahab!!! He used to live in Block 20, Al Noor Society, F.B.Area. Karachi.

We had a close relative living two, three, houses from his house. In the early 80's landlines used to be a rarity. We would call up his place to talk to them. He used to drive a dark navy blue Mark2. Gem of a person. Kids would be jumping on his car, but he would never say anything. Always had a smile on his face.

Truly a great person. The thing I remember most about him, was his humility.

Uff kiski yaad diladi aap nai! Mehdi hassan Sahab!!! He used to live in Block 20, Al Noor Society, F.B.Area. Karachi.

Bhai his son Imran Bhai runs a business (Jimmy Johns - Franchise Sandwich Restaurant) few miles from my house; I have met him quite a few times very humble fellow. He did sing (occasionally) and as I re-called he made a Qomi Tarana last year and we came to know that he did went back home for few months for recording sessions.

There is no doubt Sir Mehdi Hassan Sahib is "sarmaya-e-qom"; Allah Subhan-u-Taala unki maghfirat farmayey....Ameen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom