What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

@waz @SarthakGanguly is this song in koshor?

In ajk koshor is spoken by refugees and in neelum valley region only
Hey, its Dogri. Not Koshur. Dogri is spoken most famously by Dogras(vast majority Hindus), the Hindu rulers of Jammu and Kashmir.:)
Hadiqa Kiani is one of my favorites - Mahi and Dil Pareshan Hai are in my playlist. :tup:

This song is very nice though.

Hey, its Dogri. Not Koshur. Dogri is spoken most famously by Dogras(vast majority Hindus), the Hindu rulers of Jammu and Kashmir.:)
Hadiqa Kiani is one of my favorites - Mahi and Dil Pareshan Hai are in my playlist. :tup:

How different is dogri from koshor?
Dogri has many pahari sounding words

Quite different actually.
Dogri is one of the Pahari languages. It is specifically a Western Pahari language, the eastern ones being spoken in Himachal, while Dogri is spoken in Jammu.

This is a Koshur song -

Roshay - Arjun Kaul (Song from Kashmir) - YouTube

Dogri is one of the Pahari languages. It is specifically a Western Pahari language, the eastern ones being spoken in Himachal, while Dogri is spoken in Jammu.
I know many people who can speak koshor but have never heard them speak koshor
So this means my neighbours in mirpur spoke to eachother in dogri,i thought they were speaking koshor

So this means my neighbours in mirpur spoke to eachother in dogri,i thought they were speaking koshor

I have posted a few songs in Koshur. You will know the difference. :)

so many bhajans koi khas waja?
I have them in my playlist. Copying from that saves time.

Plus, there is a mantra in one that will convert your whole family in one go. :D :devil:

Besides, do you know what a bhajan is? There are mixed Sufi + Hindu songs and Lal Ded's ones as well. Most mystical songs have Hindu and Sufi mixes.

Ghar wapsi ki kahein koshish to nahe?

I have them in my playlist. Copying from that saves time.

Plus, there is a mantra in one that will convert your whole family in one go. :D :devil:

Besides, do you know what a bhajan is? There are mixed Sufi + Hindu songs and Lal Ded's ones as well. Most mystical songs have Hindu and Sufi mixes.
Duh they are songs that hindu sing during prayers itna to pata he hoga aik exhindu kay parpotay ko :p:

Ghar wapsi ki kahein koshish to nahe?

Duh they are songs that hindu sing during prayers itna to pata he hoga aik exhindu kay parpotay ko :p:
If you have seen the Om symbol...welcome back Hindu broda... :enjoy:

My mother's great great grandparents were also Muslim, albeit briefly. The Sikh empire allowed them to return to Hinduism - that's how the story goes.

I know about sufi songs having some references to hinduism kalam e bahu,husne haqiqi and saifalmalook have them

If you have seen the Om symbol...welcome back Hindu broda... :enjoy:

My mother's great great grandparents were also Muslim, albeit briefly. The Sikh empire allowed them to return to Hinduism - that's how the story goes.
I have seen that symbol before am still a muslim

Sheikh ab sheikh he rahay ab pahar par yoga wala bhat nahe banay ga
@SarthakGanguly

I know about sufi songs having some references to hinduism kalam e bahu,husne haqiqi and saifalmalook have them

I have seen that symbol before am still a muslim

@SarthakGanguly
Yeah, we listen to all songs. Islamic, Hindu, etc etc. Tune is what matters. If you follow Bollywood, you should know.

You HAVE become a Hindu already. :( Sorry. :unsure: NVM.
Sheikh Your Bhat :D

I'm too tired of this life
All I need is my big sleep
You are so far away
You love someone else

Another day passed me by
Another day filled with pain
You are not here
You're with someone else

I love you to death
You love someone else
So I just wanna die