What's new

what are the reasons behind india's poor performance in england ?

luckyyy

Reaction score
on the same pitch one side scores 600 and other evenly good batting side just got out under 250 ...and it happened in every match been played..

do we have any logical reason for it ?

is IPL ? ..No , coz IPL is there for last 3 years and the same indian side/players are dominating and indian side has captured the top test ranking during this priod only for last 3 years..

over crickting tiredness ?..but the same side keep playing the same back to back series from last many years

or it's the time the players on whom shoulders indian test ranking depending for last many years has start giving signals that " it's time " ?
sachin (38)
sehwag (34)
lashman (37)
dravid (38)
zahir (33)

Now the Indian team lacks confidence. It will even loose now against Bangladesh. The second test was the turning point. After making a good lead in the first innings it lost.

Way too much Cricket being played by the team.Five years ago,I hoped and prayed that no Test match/One day series with India gets announced during my 12th Board exams.Now I don't even bother checking on the scores anymore because Cricket seems to be the only thing going on.The Indian team is getting worn out without a chance for it to recuperate.It was bound to buckle under the enormous pressure of playing consistently.Also,there seems to be no measures in ensuring quality bench strength to replace injured players.

On a side-note,The tax exemptions granted to the BCCI on events as well as IPL matches and foreign players under contractual agreements must be put to end.You want to mint money BCCI?pay your dues first!

well if you ask me - i will repeat the same statement I said before the tournament was started

It is always very difficult for Asian teams to play in English pitches. See Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh all have been playing most of their cricket on asian pitches that was very flat tracks with almost no bounce or swing. There is one ground in Sri Lanka that offers bit of swing otherwise its mostly dead tracks all over the place.

Here in England they have the best pitches in the world where both Batsmen and Bowlers get equal chance of dominating the day. Its not batsmen friendly wickets who can score runs freely. It allows you bounce, extra bounce, reverse swing, inswing, leg cutter, off cutter or anything you may like. In asian pitches all you can do to take wicket is increase your pace and let the batsmen make mistake.

Here its a different scenario.... but the biggest reason why English team has been dominating is because India did not have any bowling line. They had nobody to stop english side... and in return they had good bowlers to give batsmen a very tough time. I bet if the same side would be competing on India pitches where the tracks are very flat - you would see Indian team scoring 500 in any second game once again

Now the Indian team lacks confidence. It will even loose now against Bangladesh. The second test was the turning point. After making a good lead in the first innings it lost.

Lack of confidence after winning the world cup and getting better position in ICC ranking ? I guess it might be because of over confidence but surely not lack of confidence..Better you guys stop giving them title of God of cricket so that it don't spoil their minds and they concentrate on giving performance on ground :)

Lack of confidence after winning the world cup and getting better position in ICC ranking ? I guess it might be because of over confidence but surely not lack of confidence..Better you guys stop giving them title of God of cricket so that it don't spoil their minds and they concentrate on giving performance on ground :)

It doesn’t take much to lose confidence. Media creates the hype around these guys

on the same pitch one side scores 600 and other evenly good batting side just got out under 250 ...and it happened in every match been played..

do we have any logical reason for it ?

is IPL ? ..No , coz IPL is there for last 3 years and the same indian side/players are dominating and indian side has captured the top test ranking during this priod only for last 3 years..

over crickting tiredness ?..but the same side keep playing the same back to back series from last many years

or it's the time the players on whom shoulders indian test ranking depending for last many years has start giving signals that " it's time " ?
sachin (38)
sehwag (34)
lashman (37)
dravid (38)
zahir (33)

Sehwag and Zaheer are not that old.

It doesn’t take much to lose confidence. Media creates the hype around these guys
win should increase the morale of players instead of reducing their confidence. I don't get this lack of confidence thing. why they are lacking confidence after getting the title of world champion ?

win should increase the morale of players instead of reducing their confidence. I don't get this lack of confidence thing. why they are lacking confidence after getting the title of world champion ?

Because that is how Indian players are...talented....but fragile. This is not something happening now...there is a history of Indian underplaying after a high

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

That is not their age...they are their scores :D

Bangladesh team sucks, it's a big C grade team. It's no commitment. Do not even bring this team in this discussion, period.

Because that is how Indian players are...talented....but fragile. This is not something happening now...there is a history of Indian underplaying after a high
But teams can only keep holding no 1 position with their consistent performances. It was too early for Indian team to get over excited and give up their higher position :)

whatever zaki FX said above. Poor bowling lineup.

did you observed the India batting performances in this test series. I thought batting was poor considering the reputation of Indian batting and Indian teams always rely on their batsman more than their bowlers in boht test matches as well as one day matches

star sports is also showing highlighs of 2002 india-england series been played in england during rain intruptions ..
it was india which dominate that series in exectly the same way england doing now..
but the stange thing that worth noting is that indian team has almost same side as they were in 2002 (other then anil kumbie) , whereas england has non of the player played in that series..

anyway , 33 year for a fast bowler is too much of a age ..
and for a batter like sahwag who just depends on his reflexs having no foot work , age do count ,..

selecters need to take a risk now coz anyhow these old players will be going out in next 1-2 years..
should prepare for future , coz the legends has already live their life...
there are several question can be put up , if the future depends on yuvraj & rohit why they kept waiting to play test cricket ..

everything collapsed , be it batting , bowling or fielding .. each & every indian player is responsible for this debacle..

As i said before that make a new team from scratch .

Back
Top Bottom