What's new

What a waste! Fruits, veggies worth crores rot in India

Hey all above members, to day I went to market and bought at wholesale rate as I run a college!! I bought Cauliflower=Rs.4/- per Pcs., Cabbage @ 4/-per kg., Papya @8/-/kg, Tomato@9/-kg., bean@10/-perkg, pumpkin@8/- per kg. Can you belive it? If we had not wasted what would have been the cost? This is wholesale price Add 40-50% for retail price.

@hinduguy @jarves @dontsuspendme @kbd-raaf

clearly its a case of bad management, as i mentioned before.
What bad management dude?

There are atleast 6000 villages in india!!!
You cannot create a storage facility throught india...
$2 Billion is worth to be wasted in a market of $80 Billion ....

Hey all above members, to day I went to market and bought at wholesale rate as I run a college!! I bought Cauliflower=Rs.4/- per Pcs., Cabbage @ 4/-per kg., Papya @8/-/kg, Tomato@9/-kg., bean@10/-perkg, pumpkin@8/- per kg. Can you belive it? If we had not wasted what would have been the cost? This is wholesale price Add 40-50% for retail price.

mate, most farmers take their fresh produce to sell in farmer's market, where will they store it and who will buy it?
most of us like to buy fresh.

Is that pre or post food security bill?

mate, most farmers take their fresh produce to sell in farmer's market, where will they store it and who will buy it?

Mate, the prices by which I bought were from middlemen (which includes their profit, transportation, loading etc.). So think at what rate the farmers would be selling those? I pity the farmers!!

I think western media is slowly releasing some tid bids to bring retail FDI into india...
Indian retail business is not a joke...
American food market is worth $100 billion and Indian food market is worth $80 billion...

20_06_13-pg10a.jpg

Someone needs to be hanged for this criminal wastage!! :pissed:

What bad management dude?

There are atleast 6000 villages in india!!!
You cannot create a storage facility throught india...
$2 Billion is worth to be wasted in a market of $80 Billion ....

improve communication/transportation and supply management

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom