What's new

Western anti Russian propaganda Backfired? 3 times more people watched Sochi than Canadas Olympics

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
3 bln watch Sochi Games opening ceremony – Organizers, 8 February 20143 bln watch Sochi Games opening ceremony – Organizers

8 February 2014

MOSCOW, February 8 (RIA Novosti) – The worldwide audience of the bombastic opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Friday stood at 3 billion, organizers said in a statement.

Another 40,000 watched the ceremony at the Fisht stadium in the Sochi Olympic Park, the statement said.

The three-hour show, which offered an epic overview of Russian history in 18 parts, utilized a staff of 12,000.

Participants included opera star Anna Netrebko, ballet dancers Svetlana Zakharova and Danila Korsuntsev, and cosmonauts Sergei Krikalev and Svetlana Savitskaya.

Controversial faux-lesbian pop band tATu, initially rumored to perform at the ceremony, only appeared in the pre-show. However, the Russian team entered the Parade of Nations to the mash-up of their hit “Not Gonna Get Us” and Queen’s “We Will Rock You.”

Audience of the opening ceremony at the previous Winter Games in Vancouver was put by organizers at 1 billion. Between 1 billion and 4 billion, by various estimates, watched the show that kicked off the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.

The Sochi Olympics run February 7 to 23. About 3,500 athletes will compete for 98 medals in 15 disciplines.

West is sh*t scared of a resurgent Russia. The western countries know a powerful Russia means bad news for western hegemony.

West is in terminal decline, their regimes are trying to deflect attention away from home problems to others.

Not only did more people watch the Sochi opening ceremony but many people thought it was one of the best Winter Olympic opening ceremonies ever.

I've even heard some people say Sochi made the Winter Olympics just as important as the Summer Olympics because of the resources they put into it.

The Anglo-Saxons are the most butthurt, especially the Brits and Americans. Sochi opening ceremony put the London Olympics opening ceremony to shame.

London opening ceremony was farcical and just dull and boring with cheap Hollywood crap.

Sochi told the story of Russian history and what Russia contributed to the world. It was similar to the Beijing Olympics where the Chinese culture was on display.

Well done to Russia and Russian people. The west may not give credit to you, but there are billions of others that don't have the same powerful media as the west but absolutely loved what you did.

We are the silent majority. The west is the loud minority.

The horrible life of the westerners in Sochi

BfzQ5iTCEAAG3U7.jpg

I think if anything, the Western propaganda offensive probably helped the ratings. People were thinking, "Oh no, gays are being executed in the streets, these will be the worst olympics ever!" And when they tune in, they find an impressive performance that put London 2012 to shame.

Live disasters sell like hot pancakes.People love to watch a good train wreck,especially if it's live.Humans are weird that way.

What do you mean with end of "western hegemony"? You want destroy us?

No, why would I as I like it here in the UK.:lol:

What I mean is the bullying and stealing of resources that some Western countries currently do.

I have no problem with Western countries like Germany being prosperous but I do not like the way some(US, UK and France) think they have right to interfere in other countries affairs.

If every Western country was more like Switzerland then this World would be a much better place.:enjoy:

What I mean is the bullying and stealing of resources that some Western countries currently do.

I have no problem with Western countries like Germany being prosperous but I do not like the way some(US, UK and France) think they have right to interfere in other countries affairs.

If every Western country was more like Switzerland then this World would be a much better place.:enjoy:
switzerland lives from blood money. I don´t think thats good at all.

I see it that way, we have interests and we must defend our interests. We also need to protect ourself, because of that we have NATO. I´m against too much intervention and i don´t care about other countries internal matters. I don´t like how many otehr countries are run, but i don´t care becuse its not my business.

Take russia for example, i see russia very critical. I don´t watch the Sochi olympics and think its my good right to be against purins russia, because i think it is against our interests in many fields. That doesn´t mean i would want to interfer there.

Some aspects are not so easy, like rescources. Its a fact we need rescources for our well being.

Hi,

Switzerland is the reason we all third world countries have problems----. The swiss live their good lives on BLOOD MONEY---the that has been sucked out by the dictators of third world countries and deposited in their banks.

The bankers of the world are also the biggest criminals of the world as well.

i watched a few bits and pieces, it looked pretty decent to me...the light show was FANTASTIC i think

i've heard however that there have been some major "cosmetic" flaws as far as arrangements is concerned, but im not surprised western media would focus solely on those aspects given the undying rivalries and egos

this is funny:

Photographic Proof That Sochi Is A Godforsaken Hellscape Right Now

Back
Top Bottom