What's new

Well equiped U.S. Army Compare Chinese Soldiers

I am more than qualified to answer that, having seen the worst of a civil war. You, however, are a damned idiot to pretend to know more than me.

The centre of gravity for guerrilla warfare has been known for over 5000 years. It's women and children. Get rid of them and the guerrilla disappears.

Stupid Idiot.
Easy there... You could say that without the unnecessary adjectives...

It would be very legally difficult to goto war on what Saddam MIGHT do instead of what he has done.

Sir,

The American public in post 9/11 were ready to take out those "Maybe" threats too. Bush actually werent confident on the very people who elected him. With Saddam's previous track-record it was something people would have bought. Now in 2007 if you look back at it, that very lie has brought so much on the American credibility.

The rules say otherwise, even for learned men.

maybe, then the moderates should have deleted stupid remarks made on that person in the first place. I think it is very very well deserved.

maybe, then the moderates should have deleted stupid remarks made on that person in the first place. I think it is very very well deserved.

Some of us moderators have work to do as well. Sometimes it takes a while before we can get to things.........

Deserved or not, it's just not anyone's place to be calling anyone any names. Moderators did take note of all the remarks.

Some of us moderators have work to do as well. Sometimes it takes a while before we can get to things.........

keyser,

I think you already told him your view on it, I just thought it should have been edited too, For me I have a great deal of respect to people who has served irrespective of their country they have served, and a defence forum is the right place for civve's like us to meet/interact with them. It is an automatic respect which should be accorded to any one who has served.

Adux,

Respect here goes for everyone. No specialities. The little issue has been taken care of.

Stick to the topic please.

Enjoy!

I was refering to the Future Combat System and the STRYKER Brigades initiated by Gen Shinseki. I was one of those who thought the occupation force was too small.
If you dont mind:
"knowing where and how to hit and having the knowledge where the enemy is, including his centres of gravity, I can start reducing them from Army to Corps to Division to Brigade."

"The centre of gravity for guerrilla warfare has been known for over 5000 years. It's women and children. Get rid of them and the guerrilla disappears."

From a strategic standpoint, there was no other choice. After 11 Sept, Saddam had become an intolerable strategic threat and not because of any connection to any terror group or the WMD argument but mainly because that there was no doubt if he could find a way, he would try to hit the US. 11 Sept showed him the way.
I think this is the embarrassment of Bush administration, you know American law, might-be-guilty is not guilty. (guilty here I refer to attacking USA) in the US a street man bearing a gun does not break the law,as long as he's got a licence. and it's no doubt he could kill many people if he wants to. Saddam did not have the licence anymore.

You're speaking of the current situation with the CCP still in charge. I was hypothetically referring to a China that would be under an American occupation. How long can various ethnic groups stay together before they rebel against a Han insurgent leadership?
I really don't know which one would last longer, ethnic groups staying together or the US occupation. as you said that the US can live in relic if they will.

Beijing Garrison. Didn't like the kung fu demonstrations but loved the mess. I could grow fat there.
Incidently, Johnny Walkers ain't a good scotch, not even the blue label.
when was your last visit to China,officer? :lol: I feel sorry for your bad experience in China.

Easy, can a person speak only Cantonese in Beijing and get services without jumping through hoops. I speak both Mandarin and Cantonese but I bet you I get more services speaking English than speaking Cantonese. Never tried French in China though.
I bet you're talking about Shanghai. Mandarin is most popular in Beijing, even beyond any foreign languages. and that's why the Beijing administration has to call for English study in order to get prepared for 2008 Olympics. Shanghai is more international than Beijing and SHners are going farther in secularism than any other Chinese.

As for Cantonese,now that you can speak both Mandarin and Cantonese, you may know well that Cantonese is such a southern patois used only in Guangdong,Hong Kong and south Guangxi that few BJners can understand at all. Speaking Cantonese in Beijing, no strange you'd got trouble in getting service. :lol:

But the fundamentals of war have changed drastically. Caveman days, you take the other guys' dinner, you win. A 1000 years ago, you take the other guy's cities, you win. 200 years ago, you force the other guy to sign a piece of paper, you win. Today, you deny the other guy the information to make decisions, you win.
100 years from now, you may crash the other guy's computer systems and you win

let's get to the point, Asymmetric warfare. it actually happens all the time. if any country or group in the world wants to fight the US, it has to think about asymmetric warfare.

no more question and thanks tons.

Sir,

The American public in post 9/11 were ready to take out those "Maybe" threats too. Bush actually werent confident on the very people who elected him. With Saddam's previous track-record it was something people would have bought. Now in 2007 if you look back at it, that very lie has brought so much on the American credibility.
Public opinions aside, it would be clearly an illegal order to which the US military by law must refuse.

Public opinions aside, it would be clearly an illegal order to which the US military by law must refuse.

Sir,
First-Strike, Before Saddam develops the capability or the devising of plans? Isnt that Legal
Dont you think same problem could have been termed as pre-emtive strike on Saddam's plans or capability rather than WMD. Which was a bunch of baloney for anyone who knew about the ground reality.

If you dont mind:
"knowing where and how to hit and having the knowledge where the enemy is, including his centres of gravity, I can start reducing them from Army to Corps to Division to Brigade."

"The centre of gravity for guerrilla warfare has been known for over 5000 years. It's women and children. Get rid of them and the guerrilla disappears."

Some things in war don't change. Killing is one of them and killing by starvation is an age old tactic.

However, what you kill and how you kill has changed over time. Obviously since we're no longer issued the short sword. In today's battlefield, the main fight is the recee (reconnaissance) battle, not the main force battle. You win the recee fight, then the main force battle is a mop up operation; an extremely bloodier operation but still a mop up operation.

Thus in today's wars, you seek to blind the enemy starting from the national level, then isolate the battle area, then the battle field, and then you proceed downward onto the individual armies, corps, divisions, brigades. When the battle groups and battalion task forces hit the enemy lines, they should be able to know who and what is hitting them and more than likely, they also would not know from where.

I think this is the embarrassment of Bush administration, you know American law, might-be-guilty is not guilty. (guilty here I refer to attacking USA) in the US a street man bearing a gun does not break the law,as long as he's got a licence. and it's no doubt he could kill many people if he wants to. Saddam did not have the licence anymore.
Saddam was guilty of being an idiot. What's even more perplexing to me than how was I fooled (and to this day with today's evidence, I still do not see how I could be convinced that he did not have WMDs) is just how the hell the man stayed in power. He maintained his grip through fear but hy like his WMDs, it was a bluff. Why no one inside his Iraq called his bluff is beyond me.

when was your last visit to China,officer? :lol: I feel sorry for your bad experience in China.

It wasn't all bad. Didn't like the pollution but shared alot of war stories. It was not everyday a Canadian Major get treated like a 5 star general. Alot of things in common, the budget wars we have to fight and we can't figure out how the hell the other services spend their money. One SrCol griped that a Shenyang Airbase got $50mil US for air conditioning while he couldn't get $500 for shoes.

Traded stories about people who should not be in the army and a few who've made their living scamming the army while in uniform. They were amazed at how much power Regimental Sergeant-Majors have ... even over Captains and Majors. Those PLA officers were flabbergasted and fumed that they would bring them up on charges. I ask them who handles the paper work and they reply the clerks/sergeants. I ask them how long before the paper work is lost? I crack that room up big time.

Still, I would have loved to see a company field ex instead of watching kung fu.

I bet you're talking about Shanghai. Mandarin is most popular in Beijing, even beyond any foreign languages. and that's why the Beijing administration has to call for English study in order to get prepared for 2008 Olympics. Shanghai is more international than Beijing and SHers are going farther in secularism than any other Chinese.
Well, in Shanghai, I start speaking either Cantonese or Mandarin, I say two times out of three, they reply in English. They said that I speak Chinese with a foreign accent.

let's get to the point, Asymmetric warfare. it actually happens all the time. if any country or group in the world wants to fight the US, it has to think about asymmetric warfare.
I don't like the term Asymmetric warfare. To me it's just basic principals being cloaked in a fancy title that does absolutely nothing in teaching you how to think and execute. The fact of the matter is that we all do asymmetric warfare, even the US. We, as officers, do not want to fight force on force. We do it because it's necessary but we aim to have force on weak. I rather kill an army by killing its HQ than going through man-by-man.

no more question and thanks tons.

A pleasure.

Sir,
First-Strike, Before Saddam develops the capability or the devising of plans? Isnt that Legal
Dont you think same problem could have been termed as pre-emtive strike on Saddam's plans or capability rather than WMD. Which was a bunch of baloney for anyone who knew about the ground reality.
You still to craft a legal order based on a finding of facts. Saddam's failure to live up UNSC Resolutions are facts. Saddam's intentions is an unknown, not fact.

Back
Top Bottom