What's new

Welcome To Yanbian, China’s Flourishing “Third Korea”

One day i will be there and ski down the mountains.

These Korean Chinese girls are just like their sisters in South Korea where a girl 175cm tall is considered FAT if she weighs over 50kg。

Must have something to do with the diet(kimchi + rice,yummy):enjoy:

175 cms ( 5'7 ) is considered tall for females in south asia and 50 kgs is certainly so less for a female that height... ah, the sad fact of those parts of the world where western-establishment-culture is acceptable, all this size-zero and "thin is in" promotion. :(

and actually rice should help increase weight so it must be something else that makes them thin - dieting maybe. :)

now to dispel the gloomy vision cast by the word "dieting" and to bring joy, i present two ladies whose photos make my face hot.

south indian actress sanjana galrani in chubbier form...

sanjjanaa_archana_galrani_hot_pics_09.jpg

nigella lawson during the time she inspired the creation of the phrase "food p0.r.n"... here she is asking "which dish do you want to eat??"...

Nigella-Lawson-returns-to-008.jpg

i demand that these two ladies be the inspiration for the korean ladies in yanbian and in the other two koreas. :taz:

nigella lawson

Are you serious? haha, cool!

Yianbian very close to my Northeast hometown.:angel:

@Bussard Ramjet here is a Zhihu (Chinese equivalent of Quora) link about how Korean Chinese view the other two Koreas:
中国朝鲜族是怎么看朝鲜和韩国的? - 朝鲜 - 知乎
and more questions related to Korean Chinese
中国朝鲜族 - 话题精华 - 知乎

learn Chinese so you can into the other "Quora"!:D

Is there a concept of 'Greater Korea' among Korean patriots?

As long as there are people with big ego, there will be a concept of "Greater" something. Pray they never acquire power.

As long as there are people with big ego, there will be a concept of "Greater" something. Pray they never acquire power.

I only believe in one 'Greater', and that is beyond individual nation states level. I believe in a Greater Unified East Asia. A total union of Japan, China (+Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore), Unified Korea, and Mongolia. Civilization partners.

I dont think i'll live long enough to see this come to existence. Perhaps my great great great grandchildren. :)

I only believe in one 'Greater', and that is beyond individual nation states level. I believe in a Greater Unified East Asia. A total union of Japan, China (+Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore), Unified Korea, and Mongolia. Civilization partners.

I dont think i'll live long enough to see this come to existence. Perhaps my great great great grandchildren. :)
Do you have children?

about nigella or about the two ladies being inspiration to korean ladies??

but yes on both accounts. :agree:

your goal is noble indeed... it is natural for countries to become unions.

i see that you are slowly moving towards communism. :D

and i am definite that by 2025 will see the beginnings of such unions... after all, we have a precedent to this - ussr.

your goal is noble indeed... it is natural for countries to become unions.

i see that you are slowly moving towards communism. :D

and i am definite that by 2025 will see the beginnings of such unions... after all, we have a precedent to this - ussr.

Not communism, but I do believe in the importance of regional unions. I picture a capitalistic, egalitarian society in Greater East Asia. Peace, economic stability, military supremacy, and political and social harmony. :)

Not communism, but I do believe in the importance of regional unions. I picture a capitalistic, egalitarian society in Greater East Asia. Peace, economic stability, military supremacy, and political and social harmony. :)

while i respect and will forward your idea of regional unions, i must say that money system has no future, my friend, for it is not a natural system and certainly not a necessary system and leads to disharmony in various way in different societies. :)

also, in my early 20's i would watch the indian "republic day" march past ( weapons, tanks, rockets and all that jazz ) with much interest... but some years ago, i got bored of nationalism and wars and military-ness.

the vision of communism - when governments fall, militaries are disbanded, and people rule themselves... the last of course was achieved in only one society. ;)

@Levina ji , what do you say??

the vision of communism - when governments fall, militaries are disbanded, and people rule themselves... the last of course was achieved in only one society. ;)

You have a noble pro-utopia ideology , my friend. A beautiful soul you are; a pure diamond in the rough !

God Bless you !!!!

175 cms ( 5'7 ) is considered tall for females in south asia and 50 kgs is certainly so less for a female that height... ah, the sad fact of those parts of the world where western-establishment-culture is acceptable, all this size-zero and "thin is in" promotion. :(

and actually rice should help increase weight so it must be something else that makes them thin - dieting maybe. :)

now to dispel the gloomy vision cast by the word "dieting" and to bring joy, i present two ladies whose photos make my face hot.

south indian actress sanjana galrani in chubbier form...

sanjjanaa_archana_galrani_hot_pics_09.jpg

nigella lawson during the time she inspired the creation of the phrase "food p0.r.n"... here she is asking "which dish do you want to eat??"...

Nigella-Lawson-returns-to-008.jpg

i demand that these two ladies be the inspiration for the korean ladies in yanbian and in the other two koreas. :taz:
Beer belly really grossed me out

• Japanese neutrality
  • Japanese non-alignment
  • Increased Japan-China relations
  • Increased Japan-Russia relations
  • Framework for Japan-China economic, military security pact
  • Framework for Japan to distance itself from Washington-led military alliance
  • Japan to become a totally independent , great power
  • Eventual integration of East Asia

Impressive list, and I would subscribe to each and every single item. In the East Asian context, this would mean an eventual (soft) union. In bits and pieces, I have argued for an exact phenomena in my postings. It is refreshing to know that a learned friend from Japan holds these ideas dear. I would, similarly, replace Japan with Korea and it would be more or less applicable.

The dynamic trio of East Asia, China (Taiwan etc)+Japan+Korea, need to quickly finalize the free trade agreement and then move from there to achieve a deeper regional integration.

Question is which "Korea" is the center.:D

The highly educated elite (there are plenty) Korean Chinese are in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc, not in SK. SK would love to lure them back, so far not very successful.
A sizable Chinese Korean ppl living & working in SK but most like coolie second class citizens. in SK food chain they are put lower than the new coming Han (non-Korean) Chinese. lots of horror stories about how Korean Chinese were treated badly in SK.

No one want to be with NK.

In the end for Korean Chinese their "Northeast" identity is more important than being "Korean", especially so if you put a Korean Chinese, a Shanghai Chinese, a Cantonese Chinese in a room....same can apply to Mongol Chinese, Manchu Chinese and other smaller minorities Chinese in Northeast.

Manchus are the extremes most don't even realize themselves are "minorities" unless pull out ID card.

Question is which "Korea" is the center.:D

The highly educated elite (there are plenty) Korean Chinese are in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc, not in SK. SK would love to lure them back, so far not very successful.
A sizable Chinese Korean ppl living & working in SK but most like coolie second class citizens. in SK food chain they are put lower than the new coming Han (non-Korean) Chinese. lots of horror stories about how Korean Chinese were treated badly in SK.

No one want to be with NK.

In the end for Korean Chinese their "Northeast" identity is more important than being "Korean", especially so if you put a Korean Chinese, a Shanghai Chinese, a Cantonese Chinese in a room....same can apply to Mongol Chinese, Manchu Chinese and other smaller minorities Chinese in Northeast.

Manchus are the extremes most don't even realize themselves are "minorities" unless pull out ID card.

If you read into the history of Korea, bro, the ruling class of Korean Empire's Jeoson Dynasty were actually the civil servant aristocracy known as the Yangban , which i think the term 'Yanbian' derives its name from. Jeoson Dynasty were always close to both the Ming and the Qing Dynasty as Korea was a permanent tributary state of the Great Qing Empire. In fact during the 18th century, Qing Dynasty maintained a standing army deployed in Jeoson to stave back Russian and Japanese adventurism in Korea. Korea only had to, in token, submit to Qing Dynasty's overlordship and political blessing. In other words, the annual rite of tribute ; the 'Emperor' of Jeoson merely sent tributary gifts to the Qing Emperor.

Secondly, this close military bond between the Yangban class were similar to the Qing eunuch class system. This means that there was a strong reciprocity between Korean and Chinese academics during this period (Qing Dynasty period). When Korea lost her independence when she was subsumed by Japan (after the Russo-Japanese War), many Yangban class left Korea for China. China ever was considered the "Gusejju Googa" {구세주 국가}, it means "Salvation Kingdom", or the rescuer of Korean state sovereignty (IN FACT it was China that historically saved Korea from foreign adventurism).

Present day northern territory of Korean peninsula (North Korea) was known in Japanese as Heijo 平叙, in Korean (Hangul) it always known as Seyosool 서술. This region always was the agrarian basket of Korea , so many of the people in 서술 were peasants, farmers, mostly uneducated. Present day South Korea, particularly Seoul, always was the capital and heart of Jeoson it was always the cultural and political heart of their Kingdom -- was known as 京城 or Keijo during Japanese colony era. Many of the artisans, philosophers, teachers, sages, and intellectuals of Seoul left en masse for China when Japan seized control.

The 'Chinese Koreans' that are in Yanbian are descendents of Yangban gentry class, or literally the descendants of Korea's ruling class. They are considered the 'elites' of Korea, historically.

@Levina ji , what do you say??
Sirji, i believe in live and let live.

While i respect and will forward your idea of regional unions, i must say that money system has no future, my friend, for it is not a natural system and certainly not a necessary system and leads to disharmony in various way in different societies
That's not true.
Give and take is very natural, and money system is a part of it, like symbiosis.

the vision of communism - when governments fall, militaries are disbanded, and people rule themselves... the last of course was achieved in only one society
Which one?

Back
Top Bottom