What's new

Welcome to Pakistan: 'Tourist-friendly' but not visa-friendly

why does't pakistan offer e visa or visa on arrival for 150 + countries like india or indonesia did? Just make it easier for tourists to come here . No one likes to cumbersome visa process and lots of waiting .

Pakistan tourism has recieved lots of good press because of humans of newyork and lots of foreigners coming and telling their tales . I would suspect 2015 and 16 would have more tourists now since the security situation has vastly improved .

Also provide direct flights to gilgit baltistan as that's where all the hikers and foreign tourists go usually.

Pakistan comes under "Level 2" countries so they will face difficulties in getting the Visa. Mostly countries with terrorism issues and religious one will face this problem.

He's the first Singaporean to say that o_O .

tbh singapore visa is easy. My friend got a tourist visa in 3 days .

LOL. Yes, but so does South Asia. Just compare the sizes of the two regions we are comparing.

What? I just call up and my Singapore Visa is arranged - no queue, no consulate - just an e-mail confirmation that I print out. I wonder why even bother.
Not Pakistan.. Prostitition happens but it's stll taboo.. And very much hidden.. Unlike india..

I may have different opinion, it is not the visa policy that makes a country a tourist friendly, rather its reputation and impression in the minds of potential tourists. Like Singapore is not particularly lenient in visa policy but we still get a lot of tourists.
exactly!

Pakistan needs to make visa policy little bit relaxed and should focus on western border from where people enter without visa. But we should focus on quality not quantity.

Thailand, another 3rd world country in the vicinity receives 26 million tourists

Thailand attract people for different reason, we don't need that kind of tourists.

The potential of South Asia as a tourist destination is one of the biggest untapped markets. To put things in perspective - about 8 million tourists visit India - Pakistan - Bangladesh together. Thailand, another 3rd world country in the vicinity receives 26 million tourists and France receives over 80 million tourists.

That is a lot of foreign exchange lost. Tourism needs to be boosted within the region.
I can't speak for every country but flights to India and Pakistan do not come cheap here. I imagine it's the same for much of the world with the exception of nearby countries like China or the Middle East. It's likely that the upper middle class will be the only ones visiting for the near future.

why does't pakistan offer e visa or visa on arrival for 150 + countries like india or indonesia did? Just make it easier for tourists to come here . No one likes to cumbersome visa process and lots of waiting .

Pakistan tourism has recieved lots of good press because of humans of newyork and lots of foreigners coming and telling their tales . I would suspect 2015 and 16 would have more tourists now since the security situation has vastly improved .

Also provide direct flights to gilgit baltistan as that's where all the hikers and foreign tourists go usually.

tbh singapore visa is easy. My friend got a tourist visa in 3 days .

that was my point. Singapore Visa is easy. Level 1 countries can get through eVisa and Level 2 countries need to apply at the embassy or consulate even then it's easy as in your friends case.

I can't speak for every country but flights to India and Pakistan do not come cheap here. I imagine it's the same for much of the world with the exception of nearby countries like China or the Middle East. It's likely that the upper middle class will be the only ones visiting for the near future.

Not sure about Pakistan, but in my understanding, there are multiple flights daily from different parts of India (major cities)..to the UK
Now I also believe that UK is a hot destination for Indians..the high demand maybe the reason for what you may consider expensive.
But then again.what do you consider expensive?

I think author doesnt realize the terrorism risk Pakistan has....

I think this will just influx Pakistan with hippie rubbish...I rather have quality tourism than hippies or quantity!

We dont "lack" people wanting to travel there ...just the security ...Once that is solved we dont even need to compromise on ANYTHING....

Natural beauty, adventure trips, inexpensive trips to remote mountainous regions attract exactly the hippie type...
So you would be missing out on a huge portion of tourisim if you are ignoring these tourists...
These are also the same tourists that are willing to brave security situations..

So what exactly is your target audience then (in the interim)?

China isnt nearby as far as UK is concern, its north of south asia.

Welcome back. Another sane voice of PDF. Didn't seen you posting for quite a time. Everything good?
Thank You. Yes Alhumdullilah all is well, was in training. I'll try to stick around, but the lunatics don't make it any easier.

Not Pakistan.. Prostitition happens but it's stll taboo.. And very much hidden.. Unlike india..

Are you suggesting that Prostitution is legal in India or not a taboo subject?! Coz that's far from the truth..
Both countries have the same conservative view on the subject

Are you suggesting that Prostitution is legal in India or not a taboo subject?! Coz that's far from the truth..
Both countries have the same conservative view on the subject

Actually it is legal in some states of India and according to a few friends who visited Delhi last year .. It's quiet open... The picture they presented of the situation is pretty messed up..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom