What's new

Weaponisation of Hindu festivals fueling culture of violence in India

Pay attention - "Socrates had criticized the anthropomorphism of traditional Greek religion, and moreover he was seemingly believing in a daimonion- an inner voice linked to a deity.[60]"

They wrongly accused him of worshiping other gods, but they rightly accused him of rejecting the state religion. He was sentenced to death because he rejected idolatry of the deities [anthropomorphism] as he believed in the unseen Deity [daimonian].

Yeah, Monotheists aren't new. We have been around since the parents of the modern human species. Look at the cave paintings from over 30,000 years ago. No portrayal of deities.

More about his account - "Socrates did not document his teachings. All we know of him comes from the accounts of others: mainly the philosopher Plato and the historian Xenophon, who were both his pupils; the Athenian comic dramatist Aristophanes (Socrates's contemporary); and Plato's pupil Aristotle, who was born after Socrates's death. The often contradictory stories from these ancient accounts only serve to complicate scholars' ability to reconstruct Socrates's true thoughts reliably, a predicament known as the Socratic problem.[2] The works of Plato, Xenophon, and other authors who use the character of Socrates as an investigative tool, are written in the form of a dialogue between Socrates and his interlocutors and provide the main source of information on Socrates's life and thought. Socratic dialogues (logos sokratikos) was a term coined by Aristotle to describe this newly formed literary genre.[3] While the exact dates of their composition are unknown, it is believed that many were written after Socrates's death.[4] As Aristotle first noted, the extent to which the dialogues portray Socrates authentically is a matter of some debate.[5]"
You might as well as say Socrates was Christian. Do you even read anything what I said? He is a believer of Apollo so much that he believed the Oracle of Apollo when he said Socrates is the wisest man among men😂. Then you come here and says Socrates was against idolatry and he believed in one god. You abrahamics and your constant need to claim others history. Socrates was as much of a Pagan believer as other Athenians he was simply a seeker who wants the how, what and why? One could even argue he was Agnostic but that's entirely another discussion.

PS: You are contradicting in your own words, if he didn't worship Athenian gods and he was accused of worshipping other gods, that simply means he didn't believe in one true god but different ones. Which isn't Monotheistic. Get a grip and read your own words.

You might as well as say Socrates was Christian. Do you even read anything what I said? He is a believer of Apollo so much that he believed the Oracle of Apollo when he said Socrates is the wisest man among men😂. Then you come here and says Socrates was against idolatry and he believed in one god. You abrahamics and your constant need to claim others history. Socrates was as much of a Pagan believer as other Athenians he was simply a seeker who wants the how, what and why? One could even argue he was Agnostic but that's entirely another discussion.

PS: You are contradicting in your own words, if he didn't worship Athenian gods and he was accused of worshipping other gods, that simply means he didn't believe in one true god but different ones. Which isn't Monotheistic. Get a grip and read your own words.
You are not making sense. Apollo was a Greek god with many attributes, so what if Socrates talked of Apollo? That wouldn't get him killed. He was Greek and he wasn't an atheist. What got him killed was that he wasn't an idolater. You are ignoring the fact that he was sentenced to death for rejecting the religion as widely understood and practised by the society. Greek religion was based on idolatry [anthropomorphism]. But, you are doing your own guess work when his accusations are clear: "The official charges [against Socrates] were: (1) corrupting youth [possibly true]; (2) worshipping false gods [not true]; and (3) not worshipping the state religion [true]." He was not worshiping the state religion because he did not believe in idolatry. It is clear. This doesn't mean he didn't or wouldn't talk about Greek gods.

This is why he was executed
----> "Socrates had criticized the anthropomorphism [idolatry] of traditional Greek religion, and moreover he was seemingly believing in a daimonion- an inner voice linked to a deity.[60]"

Inner voice linked to which deity? Doesn't say. Could be Apollo. Doesn't matter. The point is he didn't have an idolatrous relationship with the deities.

Apollo was a Greek god with many attributes, so what if Socrates talked of Apollo?
Means he was Pagan. He quote Apollo's words when he said Socrates was the wisest man. (Obviously spoken through the Oracle) That god can't be wrong but he wants to see through the puzzle.
That wouldn't get him killed
Not directly, but you have mentioned why he was put on trial once or twice. Revisit it and then you will get it.
He was Greek and he wasn't an atheist.
I know. That's why I said from the very beginning he was a Pagan who believed in gods.
You are ignoring the fact that he was sentenced to death for rejecting the religion as widely understood and practised by the society
I am not. In fact he himself clarified he is a believer but he also doesn't follow the way Athenians followed their religion and questioned how they practiced it without any logic. He questioned the way it was practiced and, professed to his students to do the same. I explained it many times now.
What got him killed was that he wasn't an idolater
There you contradicted yourself and you invented it. He wasn't killed for opposing idolatory that would be stupid when he himself seek the god of Delphi with an Idol of Apollo. Idolatory wasn't even an argument.

He was not worshiping the state religion because he did not believe in idolatry.
This is why I said you have no clue about what you are talking about. Idolatry wasn't even a centre piece of the religion. It could be anything, a sanctuary with an altar, a room with an image, a doll like figure or anything even empty room. Typical ignorance of people who see idols and think it's all about those idols and destroying it would destroy the religion. True for the Middle Eastern idolaters not so much in east/south asia or in Greece.

Means he was Pagan. He quote Apollo's words when he said Socrates was the wisest man. (Obviously spoken through the Oracle) That god can't be wrong but he wants to see through the puzzle.

Not directly, but you have mentioned why he was put on trial once or twice. Revisit it and then you will get it.

I know. That's why I said from the very beginning he was a Pagan who believed in gods.

I am not. In fact he himself clarified he is a believer but he also doesn't follow the way Athenians followed their religion and questioned how they practiced it without any logic. He questioned the way it was practiced and, professed to his students to do the same. I explained it many times now.

There you contradicted yourself and you invented it. He wasn't killed for opposing idolatory that would be stupid when he himself seek the god of Delphi with an Idol of Apollo. Idolatory wasn't even an argument.

This is why I said you have no clue about what you are talking about. Idolatry wasn't even a centre piece of the religion. It could be anything, a sanctuary with an altar, a room with an image, a doll like figure or anything even empty room. Typical ignorance of people who see idols and think it's all about those idols and destroying it would destroy the religion. True for the Middle Eastern idolaters not so much in east/south asia or in Greece.
In your mind, since Socrates was using attributes of Greek god, he was pagan. That is not true. You are ignoring that he criticized pagan idolatry [anthropomorphism], which is why he was executed. You do not understand Monotheist belief. Pagan Arabs and Monotheist Arabs culturally used Allah before the Prophet. Monotheist Arabs believed in or worshiped Allah but did not idolize Allah in their mind.

Last edited:
Nobody cares whether bhajipao wins or loses , rss is necessary though
I once lived in a small town in bihar , there some muslims threw eggs and meat on a temple , situation was volatile with muslims with swords etc , who met them in response ?
Bihar police , no bihar armed police no .
It was bajrang dal people who dared muslims to touch any hindu home that day .
Many such situations always develope here.

So are those Bangladeshis who try to cross indian fence , we don't want to see them dead yet we see .
I don't know why.
And why should we OBC SC ST care if someone throws eggs and meat on a upper caste temple ?? Hinduism is the religion which enslaved us for 3000 years. Knowing the character of you scheming and manipulative upper castes. most probably you threw those eggs and meat yourselves. to create communal environment for elections. Or you wanted to economically weaken Muslim community using a riot. because you were envious of the economic progress of Muslims.

And why should we OBC SC ST care if someone throws eggs and meat on a upper caste temple ?? Hinduism is the religion which enslaved us for 3000 years. Knowing the character of you scheming and manipulative upper castes. most probably you threw those eggs and meat yourselves. to create communal environment for elections. Or you wanted to economically weaken Muslim community using a riot. because you were envious of the economic progress of Muslims.

you are an insecure little man/woman

jealous and envious of people, filled with hate.. but really, you are just a loser

you are an insecure little man/woman

jealous and envious of people, filled with hate.. but really, you are just a loser
your guesses and assumptions reveal more about yourself. Now, I have a good idea about you.

Indian media is waging a holy war against Muslims. It acts like hyenas
Indian media is not doing journalism.

https://theprint.in/opinion/indian-media-waging-holy-war-against-muslims-hyenas/400407/

Anyone can go though the comments and tweets, mostly by so called upper caste Hindu. mostly filled with hate spite and phobia. I just pointed out the obvious and uncomfortable truth. now, with social media everything is out in the open.

your guesses and assumptions reveal more about yourself. Now, I have a good idea about you.

Indian media is waging a holy war against Muslims. It acts like hyenas
Indian media is not doing journalism.

https://theprint.in/opinion/indian-media-waging-holy-war-against-muslims-hyenas/400407/

Anyone can go though the comments and tweets, mostly by so called upper caste Hindu. mostly filled with hate spite and phobia. I just pointed out the obvious and uncomfortable truth. now, with social media everything is out in the open.

oh no, people are being mean on the interweb :cry:

there, there, little baby.. assembly elections are coming, let's see what UP, Punjab, Goa etc decide..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom