What's new

We will turn you into ashes NK to SK

In the very near future, all the banks and IMFs predict that the ROK would be far richer than it is now.

Yet Koreans didn't wear Chinese clothing, didn't speak Chinese, didn't allow Chinese immigration.

Compare China before and after the Manchu conquest, where Han Chinese changed their dresses, spoke different languages, etc.

the chinese domination of korea is well documented by sources other than chinese so there is no argument there. no need to delude yourself further. korea will in fact be reigned in by china in a few decades if not sooner.

Hello, Korean, what is Korean's impression of India and Indians? Let me guess, they are thought of as a high civilization where Buddhism came from, yes? And now they are becoming a super power who will help Koreans against Chinese threat?

@korean,
i read your each posts, they are very good. I agree with ur point of view, sealing the border so that north korean don't become poorer.

And more over korea was seperated based on communism, we have seen in past how north and south vietnam united under one banner.

United korea is good for world. Strength lies in unity, 2 nation theorists will never understand it.

Hello, Korean, what is Korean's impression of India and Indians? Let me guess, they are thought of as a high civilization where Buddhism came from, yes? And now they are becoming a super power who will help Koreans against Chinese threat?
Generally Indians in Korea are professors and engineers. Go to Samsung main R&D center and you can smell Curry(Not the Japanese style that Koreans are used to, but the real Indian) at the cafeteria and see hundreds of Indian workers having lunch. In addition, India is perceived as a peaceful and mystical country, so the public perception is good. Unfortunately, most Koreans cannot easily tell Indians apart from Pakistani, who are mostly manual laborers, so Indians have to tell Koreans that they are Indians and not Pakistani, as there have been several notorious incidents of an Indian professor being mistaken for a Pakistani manual laborer by a racist who hurled insults at him and the police mistaking Indian engineers forking for LG Corporation for illegal Pakistani immigrants.

But that's about it. There isn't nothing really negative associated with India, but people would have a trouble telling Indian and Pakistani apart.

Generally Indians in Korea are professors and engineers. Go to Samsung main R&D center and you can smell Curry(Not the Japanese style that Koreans are used to, but the real Indian) at the cafeteria and see hundreds of Indian workers having lunch. In addition, India is perceived as a peaceful and mystical country, so the public perception is good. Unfortunately, most Koreans cannot easily tell Indians apart from Pakistani, who are mostly manual laborers, so Indians have to tell Koreans that they are Indians and not Pakistani, as there have been a notorious incident of an Indian professor being mistaken for a Pakistani manual laborer.

But that's about it. There isn't nothing really negative associated with India, but people would have a trouble telling Indian and Pakistani apart.

Is it ok to ask, how long you have lived in Korea to make this observation? Did you learn English in Korea or in the US? Your English is very good by the way and sounds more like a native English speaker.

Just see how united america is rulings world.

earlier it was United states of america ARE, after lincon, United state of America IS.

United russia was powerfull, devided russia is weak.

india nepal lanka burma and bhutan can unite , coz we are not fundamentalist .

I missed a chance to visit korea, it was samsung project. tht time i was working do sasken india limited.

How long have you lived in Korea to make this observation?
You don't have to live in Korea to learn this; reading daily news and user comments at Korean portals and watching TV is good enough. Ditto for Japan. This is how I know what Japanese think and what Japanese are afraid of.

You don't have to live in Korea to learn this; reading daily news and user comments at Korean portals and watching TV is good enough. Ditto for Japan. This is how I know what Japanese think and what Japanese are afraid of.

So you actually have not lived in Korea to experience in real life what Koreans really think of Indians. The web or TV I am afraid will not do the job for you.

@ Korean

North Korea has 24 million people, take away the young, the old and the unable she has about 12 million able bodies. One third of that associate with the military. How on earth SK is able to disarm such a number of trained arm personnel. If if they're disarmed SK can never trust them roaming around free. And in fact there is no way they will be sub servant to what they considered the weak siblings of the south.

The SK really can dream a Japanese dream a century ago. They want a unification under their term and form a Sparta like society where they close the existing border. They'll use their northern siblings as cheap labors for productions and get free resources. They probably allow the young female to come south as house maids and masseurs for men too.

Unfortunately with 4 million trained arm personnel, actives and reserves or retired, in the north, that can only be a dream.

I will tell you what my experience has been, when ever I drove to the part of the town where Indians live, some Korean I know loved to watch the Indians like some strange beings and laugh uncontrollably. Now being from similar ethnic group I asked why this making fun, the reply was that they just look funny. Go figure. Incidentally Pakistani's in general did not look funny to this Korean.

Secondly, I asked about what Koreans specially the one's in the US think about Indians (note Indians in the US are the highest income immigrant groups, mostly educated ones). There is a forum for Korean expats called missyusa.com and the consensus there is that these funny and strange looking Indians are the most arrogant pieces of work people could encounter and high GDP and proud Koreans could not figure out why these funny looking Indians from one of the poorest countries could be like that. Some were guessing that they are from a big country and have dreams of becoming a super power someday, so that probably explained this anomalous behavior. Others were guessing that because some of them are brahmins and high caste and are used to feeling superior over other people in their country, they are projecting this "funny" behavior to the rest of the world.

And of course there were anecdotes of occasional Korean solo girl tourists visiting India, getting proposed right and left by random Indian strangers, boasting that they are brahmins, as if it should mean something to a Korean.

Sorry for going OT, but could not help but provide some food for thought for our Korean, as he is an expert on Koreans and is a Korean, so he could add these tid-bits to his expert knowledge.

So you actually have not lived in Korea to experience in real life what Koreans really think of Indians. The web or TV I am afraid will not do the job for you.

Busted! LOL

I will tell you what my experience has been, when ever I drove to the part of the town where Indians live, some Korean I know loved to watch the Indians like some strange beings and laugh uncontrollably. Now being from similar ethnic group I asked why this making fun, the reply was that they just look funny. Go figure. Incidentally Pakistani's in general did not look funny to this Korean.

Secondly, I asked about what Koreans specially the one's in the US think about Indians (note Indians in the US are the highest income immigrant groups, mostly educated ones). There is a forum for Korean expats called missyusa.com and the consensus there is that these funny and strange looking Indians are the most arrogant pieces of work people could encounter and high GDP and proud Koreans could not figure out why these funny looking Indians from one of the poorest countries could be like that. Some were guessing that they are from a big country and have dreams of becoming a super power someday, so that probably explained this anomalous behavior. Others were guessing that because some of them are brahmins and high caste and are used to feeling superior over other people in their country, they are projecting this "funny" behavior to the rest of the world.

And of course there were anecdotes of occasional Korean solo girl tourists visiting India, getting proposed right and left by random Indian strangers, boasting that their brahmins, as if it should mean something to a Korean.

Sorry for going OT, but could not help but provide some food for thought for our Korean, as he is an expert on Koreans and is a Korean, so he could add these tid-bits to his expert knowledge.

great story bro. You should get into fiction writing ! BTW did you even bother to find out what Koreans think about bangladeshis ?

Back
Top Bottom