What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

Tamil people are misguided by their govmt...its not just learning Hindi...the fact is, these tamils hate Hindi and they express it with bad gesture when you are in tamilnadu... nobody wants to get transfered to Tamil, its like living in a different world within our country...
Exactly... Tamil nadu is the last option for any north Indian to be get transferred to. I have seen people resigning from jobs just because their company wanted them to be posted in Chennai. People found Banglore to be most friendly city in south India

What nonsense you are talking about ? Urdu borrow most of words from arabic, turkic and persian which are not Indian language but as usual Hindus/Indians claim everything belong to them. what about Pakistan/Pakistani ? no they pop up on this land in 1947 and had no history/culture/language/food/clothes prior to 1947 haha
really??
Take a very simple sentence, which I believe is also common in Urdu.
"Tum Kya Kar Rahe Ho?"
Can you tell me how many words in this sentence are derived from Arabic, turkic or persian?

I can prove you that these words are derived from Sanskrit.

What nonsense you are talking about ? Urdu borrow most of words from arabic, turkic and persian which are not Indian language but as usual Hindus/Indians claim everything belong to them. what about Pakistan/Pakistani ? no they pop up on this land in 1947 and had no history/culture/language/food/clothes prior to 1947 haha

Yes that's why most Indian can understand Urdu.

Urdu has as much Hindi influence as Arabic, Turkic, Persian and and it was developed in U.P , India.

History of Hindustani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindustani is one of the predominant languages of South Asia, with federal status in India and Pakistan, in its standardized forms Hindi and Urdu. It principally developed in North India during the Mughal Empire, when the Persian court language exerted a strong influence on the Hindi of central India, leading to the creation of Rekhta, or "mixed" speech; which became to be known as Hindustani, Hindi, Hindavi, and Urdu, was elevated to a literary language, and after Independence and Partition became the basis for modern standard Hindi and Urdu.

Most of the grammar and basic vocabulary of Hindustani descends directly from the medieval language of central India, known asSauraseni.[1] After the tenth century, several Sauraseni dialects were elevated to literary languages, or khari boli ("standing dialects"), including Braj Bhasha, Awadhi and the language of Delhi; the latter still goes by the name Khari Boli in the rural areas outside the city of Delhi itself. During the reigns of the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughal Empire, where Persian was adopted as the official language and Delhi was established as the capital, the imperial court and concomitant immigration infused the Delhi dialect with large numbers of Persian,Arabic, and Chagatai Turkic words from the court; the introduced words were primarily nouns and were employed for cultural, legal and political concepts. The new court language developed simultaneously in Delhi and Lucknow, the latter of which is in an Awadhi-speaking area; and thus, modern Hindustani has a noticeable Awadhi influence even though it is primarily based on Khari Boli.

^^^ Read carefully.

really??
Take a very simple sentence, which I believe is also common in Urdu.
"Tum Kya Kar Rahe Ho?"
Can you tell me how many words in this sentence are derived from Arabic, turkic or persian?

I can prove you that these words are derived from Sanskrit.

You can prove that urdu is 99 % sanskirit and even in writing lol You guys are very funny. Sanskirt is dead language and is only limited to mantras at death and marriage rituals, Pooja phaat etc. Even if urdu take words from Sanskrit it cannot b said that its lanaguge of indian unless we assume Pakistani people had no language prior to Urdu. What was the language of Pakistani People before Urdu? All indian language are common languages of boht pakistan and india

Last edited:
You can prove that urdu is 99 % sanskirit and even in writing lol You guys are very funny. Sanskirt is dead lanaguge an dis only limited to mantars at death amd marrige ritutals
That is a but obvious comment from you. Sanskrit is not a dead language, out national anthem is in sanskrit, recently our MP's took oath in Sanskrit. Sanskrit is compulsory language in 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th std and optional in 9th and 10th std. We all know how to read and write in sanskrit.

That is a but obvious comment from you. Sanskrit is not a dead language, out national anthem is in sanskrit, recently our MP's took oath in Sanskrit. Sanskrit is compulsory language in 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th std and optional in 9th and 10th std. We all know how to read and write in sanskrit.
You try to make Hindi movie in pure Sanskrit and let me see how many Indians understand it lol Many Indiand dont even understand the mantras they recite at marriage rituals but only memorised it without understanding the meaning of it

Here many kids arguing without knowing ground realities. I am asking one question to Bengalis & telugu people don't you think hindi bullied/supress your own language?(tell the truth) just compare ur own literature works before and after adoption of hindi in your state. You people slowly losing your identity. We don't want such worse condition for tamil.

You try to make Hindi movie in pure Sanskrit and let me see how many Indians understand it lol Many Indiand dont even understand the mantras they recite at marriage rituals but only memorised it without understanding the meaning of it
dont make a fool out of yourself, there is a difference between derived and usage as it is. The Language which we speak in day to day life is "derived" from sanskrit and is NOT sanskrit. That is but obvious that hindi has absorbed many words from foreign language and given many words to foreign language. It is natural evolution of any language.

Difference here is Hindi is naturally evolved language but Urdu is artificially evolved.

Here many kids arguing without knowing ground realities. I am asking one question to Bengalis & telugu people don't you think hindi bullied/supress your own language?(tell the truth) just compare ur own literature works before and after adoption of hindi in your state. You people slowly losing your identity. We don't want such worse condition for tamil.
In Actual, Hindi absorbed more words from these languages rather than giving words to these languages.

Last edited:
dont make a fool out of yourself, there is a difference between derived and usage as it is. The Language which we speak in day to day life is "derived" from sanskrit and is NOT sanskrit. That is but obvious that hindi has absorbed many words from foreign language and given many words to foreign language. It is natural evolution of any language.

Difference here is Hindi is naturally evolved language but Urdu is artificially evolved.
Its you BJP fanatic who is making fool out of himself. Read this to understand why i said it dead language

Sanskrit continues to be widely used as a ceremonial language in Hindu religious rituals and Buddhist practice in the forms of hymns and mantras. Spoken Sanskrit has been revived in some villages with traditional institutions, and there are attempts at further popularisation.

As a spoken language
In the 2001 census of India, 14,135 people reported Sanskrit as their native language.[1] Since the 1990s, movements to spread spoken Sanskrit have been increasing. Organisations like Samskrita Bharati conduct Speak Sanskrit workshops to popularise the language.

Decline
There are a number of sociolinguistic studies of spoken Sanskrit which strongly suggest that oral use of Sanskrit is limited, with its development having ceased sometime in the past.[34] Pollock (2001) says "most observers would agree that, in some crucial way, Sanskrit is dead".[12] Pollock has further argued that, while Sanskrit continued to be used in literary cultures in India, Sanskrit was not used to express changing forms of subjectivity and sociality embodied and conceptualised in the modern age.[35] Instead, it was reduced to "reinscription and restatements" of ideas already explored, and any creativity in Sanskrit was restricted to hymns and verses.[36][37] He describes it in comparison with the "dead" language of Latin:[38]

Both died slowly, and earliest as a vehicle of literary expression, while much longer retaining significance for learned discourse with its universalistclaims. Both were subject to periodic renewals or forced rebirths, sometimes in connection with a politics of translocal aspiration... At the same time... both came to be ever more exclusively associated with narrow forms of religion and priestcraft, despite centuries of a secular aesthetic.

Hanneder (2002) and Hatcher (2007) contest Pollock's characterisation, pointing out that modern works continue to be produced in Sanskrit:

On a more public level the statement that Sanskrit is a dead language is misleading, for Sanskrit is quite obviously not as dead as other dead languages and the fact that it is spoken, written and read will probably convince most people that it cannot be a dead language in the most common usage of the term. Pollock’s notion of the “death of Sanskrit” remains in this unclear realm between academia and public opinion when he says that “most observers would agree that, in some crucial way, Sanskrit is dead”

Hanneder (2002:294)
Hanneder (2009) argues that modern works in Sanskrit are either ignored or their "modernity" contested.

When the British imposed a Western-style education system in India in the nineteenth century, knowledge of Sanskrit and ancient literature continued to flourish as the study of Sanskrit changed from a more traditional style into a form of analytical and comparative scholarship mirroring that of Europe​

Its you BJP fanatic who is making fool out of himself. Read this to understand why i said it dead language

Sanskrit continues to be widely used as a ceremonial language in Hindu religious rituals and Buddhist practice in the forms of hymns and mantras. Spoken Sanskrit has been revived in some villages with traditional institutions, and there are attempts at further popularisation.

As a spoken language
In the 2001 census of India, 14,135 people reported Sanskrit as their native language.[1] Since the 1990s, movements to spread spoken Sanskrit have been increasing. Organisations like Samskrita Bharati conduct Speak Sanskrit workshops to popularise the language.

Decline
There are a number of sociolinguistic studies of spoken Sanskrit which strongly suggest that oral use of Sanskrit is limited, with its development having ceased sometime in the past.[34] Pollock (2001) says "most observers would agree that, in some crucial way, Sanskrit is dead".[12] Pollock has further argued that, while Sanskrit continued to be used in literary cultures in India, Sanskrit was not used to express changing forms of subjectivity and sociality embodied and conceptualised in the modern age.[35] Instead, it was reduced to "reinscription and restatements" of ideas already explored, and any creativity in Sanskrit was restricted to hymns and verses.[36][37] He describes it in comparison with the "dead" language of Latin:[38]

Both died slowly, and earliest as a vehicle of literary expression, while much longer retaining significance for learned discourse with its universalistclaims. Both were subject to periodic renewals or forced rebirths, sometimes in connection with a politics of translocal aspiration... At the same time... both came to be ever more exclusively associated with narrow forms of religion and priestcraft, despite centuries of a secular aesthetic.

Hanneder (2002) and Hatcher (2007) contest Pollock's characterisation, pointing out that modern works continue to be produced in Sanskrit:

On a more public level the statement that Sanskrit is a dead language is misleading, for Sanskrit is quite obviously not as dead as other dead languages and the fact that it is spoken, written and read will probably convince most people that it cannot be a dead language in the most common usage of the term. Pollock’s notion of the “death of Sanskrit” remains in this unclear realm between academia and public opinion when he says that “most observers would agree that, in some crucial way, Sanskrit is dead”

Hanneder (2002:294)
Hanneder (2009) argues that modern works in Sanskrit are either ignored or their "modernity" contested.

When the British imposed a Western-style education system in India in the nineteenth century, knowledge of Sanskrit and ancient literature continued to flourish as the study of Sanskrit changed from a more traditional style into a form of analytical and comparative scholarship mirroring that of Europe​
I have not reffered you to any book, but gave you example on the basis of experience. I have not went to history. I gave you present live example. I can't consider the language as dead which is taught to millions of students and in which peoples representatives take oath for being the member of parliament as recent as in May 2014.

even if now you take Quotes from other resources then I would consider you as faaaaar from reality

Dude move out out telangana, your half learned hindi would help you to survive and help you to deal with people in day to day life
Your comment doesnt make any sense. I am happy with opportunities in Telangana. I am happy living in Telangana. What are you trying to say dude.

There is no suppression of Telugu. There is no linguistic domnance of Hindi any where in Telangana. Urdu was prominent in Telangana during Nizam rule. The decline in Telugu literature(Dont know exactly if there is any decline) may be because no one is interested in literature any more. Its not like Hindi is replacing Telugu.

Last edited:
Awesome news :yahoo:
I wanna see opinion of South Indians members :pop:

No, you should say "opinion of Tamil members". The Kannadigas and Mallus don't really have a big problem with Hindi. Even the Andhrites are not anti-Hindi maniacs. It's usually the Tamils who are knee jerk about the H in Hindi.

Apparently they don't ! :p:
Your urdu is very weak then :coffee:

Armstrong said:
Kick me ! :o:
Have no doubt...sooner or later I am gonna do it to you.:dirol:
What is a Pakistani doing on an Indian thread which discusses hindi??
You dont know hindi.
Try translating this "tumhara kalyan hone wala hai ":dirol:

Your urdu is very weak then :coffee:

Oh please I taught Ghalib everything he knew ! :coffee:

He even wrote a couplet to that effect :

Rekhtaa keh tumhiii ustaad nahin ho Ghalib

Kehteiii hain agleiii zamaneiii mein koi Armstrong bhi thaaa

Now I don't know how to translate that for you ! :undecided:

Rekhtaa is another name for Urdu though not in use in normal parlance !

Have no doubt...sooner or later I am gonna do it to you.:dirol:
What is a Pakistani doing on an Indian thread which discusses hindi??
You dont know hindi.
Try translating this "tumhara kalyan hone wala hai ":dirol:

I don't speak Hindi ! :bad:

Oh please I taught Ghalib everything he knew !

He even wrote a couplet to that effect :
Rekhtaa keh tumhiii ustaad nahin ho Ghalib

Kehteiii hain agleiii zamaneiii mein koi Armstrong bhi thaaa

Now I don't know how to translate that for you ! :undecided:

Rekhtaa is another name for Urdu though not in use in normal parlance !

FAILLLLLL....

anda /10 :coffee:

corrections:
keh = ke
nahin= nahi
kehteiii (BLUNDERRR THUNDERRR) = kehte
agleiii = agle
zamaneiii = zamane

Armsrong said:
I don't speak Hindi ! :bad:

what are you doing on this thread then?? :coffee:

FAILLLLLL....

anda /10 :coffee:

corrections:
keh = ke
nahin= nahi
kehteiii (BLUNDERRR THUNDERRR) = kehte
agleiii = agle
zamaneiii = zamane

Mohtarmaa, Urdu isn't written in the Latin Script so it makes no difference ! :crazy:

Zabardastiii key corrections ! :sarcastic:

what are you doing on this thread then?? :coffee:

Trolling Indians at least once everyday keeps my blood pressure in check ! :unsure:

You don't even want your Little Brother to remain healthy ? :cray:

Back
Top Bottom