What's new

We want a carrier: GT poll

And that 5% would be lost very quickly in the intensity of modern warfare, while the rest of your obsolete forces crumble because they cannot use newly issued toys properly.

Great, so we should give up and disband our military.

You'd make an excellent defense minister.

And you would be wrong. If that is what you think how RCS calculations work then I hope every Chinese engineers on the J-20 think like you. It would make detecting the J-20 and shooting it down easier.

You are correct -- from reading me no less -- that there are constructive interference in multiple reflections region. But you are wrong in thinking that is how final RCS calculations are derived on a complex body. If the rest of the aircraft do not rise above a certain threshold in measurement, then the inlet regions are irrelevant. Further, the companion to constructive interference is destructive interference so for all you know, the F-22's inlets could produce nothing but destructive interference in relation to the surrounding structures.

Stay out of areas you know nothing about.

This is true. It could destructively interfere, but as we know, this depends on the phase difference between impinging waves and even changes in relative position could influence the outcome.

I'm saying could, because we don't know. You don't know and I don't know for sure, without many, many experimental and computational studies.

Back
Top Bottom