What's new

We need a Aircraft Carrier force.

We should get a small Aircraft Carrier . But as i have said before we need these things as top priorities

1. Own engine for tanks and all APCs ( engine for altay tank being worked on)

2. Own jet fighter ( design phase)

3. Cruise and ballistic missile over 2.500 ( already being worked on)

4. Nuclear bomb

5. AC and nucleur submarine.

Also Armed ANKA UAV is being worked on is a bonus

@KRAIT, I am the last person here who'd get personal with you or anyone.

ACs are biggest and slowest naval assets therefore they are easiest to hit targets, that's why they are protected by tens of ships. Having a few knots of speed doesn't make it more cost-worthy than building a new runway which is a day's job at most.

Fact that India used an AC back then, doesn't mean she needed it. You know exactly what im talking about, just drop it.

ACs are biggest and slowest naval assets therefore they are easiest to hit targets, that's why they are protected by tens of ships. Having a few knots of speed doesn't make it more cost-worthy than building a new runway which is a day's job at most.

Fact that India used an AC back then, doesn't mean she needed it. You know exactly what im talking about, just drop it.
Fair enough....Peace....:enjoy:

Current U.S. aircraft carriers are not slow. They are fast enough. They need air defense capable ships because the aircraft carrier alone cannot shoot down multiple missiles or handle submarines. Against a cruise missile any ship is slow to it.

Turkey is not a imperialist country so no need for AC's to attack and occupy a country. Money that will spend in such a huge project can better be spend on air defence.

Hard to phucking target? WTF! You hear what you are saying?

I could hit it with a WWII german unguided torpedo, blindfolded :)

AC has absolutely no advantage, especially when you have millions of squaremeters of land. C'mon how hard can opening an emergency LZ could be :)

Its damn near immpossible to hit an AC using a conventional WW2 aramament. The only nations that can hit a carrier fleet are China or Russiq. You first need to get past AWAC (easiest part). Then get past Radar from systems like SPY-1D. The weapon must go a aginst missiles like Sea hawk and SM-1 or EW jamming. Then when the carrier is in danger it activates its CIWS likw goalkepper or Phalnex 1

Why should we need an AC in Medi.? Are we planning to hit France or something?

Its damn near immpossible to hit an AC using a conventional WW2 aramament. The only nations that can hit a carrier fleet are China or Russiq. You first need to get past AWAC (easiest part). Then get past Radar from systems like SPY-1D. The weapon must go a aginst missiles like Sea hawk and SM-1 or EW jamming. Then when the carrier is in danger it activates its CIWS likw goalkepper or Phalnex 1

Are you planning to build a supercarrier? Even if so, what should we do about Greek anti-shipping capabilites? Do you know how heavily armed Greek islands?
TuAF can easily handle what AC can do. And for the record, hitting an AC (especially in the seas like Mediterranean) is easier than you've imagine.

Abdi-karim elmi, if carrier sails without protection, yes few salvos from a Type VIIIB can send Queen elizabeth Or USS enterprise to the middle of the sea.

ASBMs are desperate weapons, There are hundered other ways you can get passed a carrier group's defences. It's just a matter of moments, lose air superiority for a minute and there will be harpoons all over you. Or failure to detect a submarine... I don't need to tell.

@Oldman1, certainly slower than missiles and torpedos, and slower than frigates and destroyers. But even it was fast enough it could not "dodge" munitions :) And as far as i know, RAM and few ESSMs are only defences US ACs carry onboard.

We don't have an Air Force Base in Cyprus at least not an operational one. If one day we can solve cyprus issue there will be.

But first we must solve the abortion problem!!!!!!

Sure, Turkey can build an aircraft carrier force. Yet if you apply strategic theater analysis you'll realize that such a force could only WEAKEN Turkey militarily!

It sounds odd until one realizes that ACs are for power projection and the primary place Turkey wants to project power is in its immediate neighborhood; Turkey's economy and military might are such that ambitions elsewhere will come at the cost of less influence near to home.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom