What's new

We Are Soldiers

xeric you just made me look like an idiot.:P I'm aware of how guns work mate! I'm aware that the artillery detonations are louder as I’ve heard them rumbling in the distant mountains (nowhere near as close as your experience ofcourse!) whereas the actual firing can be uncomfortable enough for the unaccustomed ear as well. Close proximity to exploding munitions can cause ear bleeding, eye bleeding and a lot of other stuff depending on the warhead. Thermodynamic warheads for instance kill with sheer pressure and heat, while there is kinetic element to airburst and most munitions, shrapnel ofcourse would be their most dangerous aspect and boy do they make those things sharp. Also the difference between the propellant and the explosive is that the explosive just burns much faster...at an explosive rate. Rocket propellant for instance is not an explosive but its dangerous enough. Shells though have explosive propellant.

Well, I must've heard about the 'A's but you reminded me and I like that! Also I've heard people say Allah, Army and America in regards to Pakistan a lot but never Allah, Airforce and America because that would be retarded. The Americans couldn't have been more unhelpful in the wars had they tried, they screwed our artillery and airforce with both almost out of ammo.

I was going to write about the triple A's but you beat me to it. Interestingly enough, some Pakistani writers of late have taken the Artillery out and have written about the 3 A's of the 65 war as Allah, Airforce and America (even though Amreekis were no where around and it was the Artillery that saved the day).

While I too have never been on the receiving side, but I have seen a lot of the post detonation/impact sites in Pakistan and the most vicious of it beyond the blast and sound is the shrapnel. You put your hand on it and it can be cut in multiple ways. The pieces of shrapnel would give one an idea as to how insanely effective artillery fire is even if you are nowhere close to the blast, these small pieces (anywhere from sub inch to 8-9 inches long) would cut a body into two. The shrapnel is sharper than most of the finely sharpened daggers and knives around and every edge of the shrapnel is pretty much a blade.

After seeing this, one has no option but to come away with immense awe for the Artillery.

Yes i heard about this amreeki adition of lately but nver read anything on it. If they suport this version of the As then i must say that they have been fooling around in their riting carriers and nothing else.

As for the shrapnel, they are the most effective of all.
Reasons:

1. They dont have a direction they can come from anywhere, they are not like a bullet that you have to face it to take it

2. They are sharp as hell, you break a glass bottle and see the 'shrapnel' formed by the broken glass, that's how a shell gives out the splinters

3. They are burning hot, as i have experienced one and while talking to others who had taken bigger ones, they have said that you feel the roasting more than the pain or rapture, it literally roast the meat and it smells delicious then :lol:, seriously!

4. As Blaini has pointed out, they vary from centimeters to feet, you get a small one inside you then probably its not getting out for ever. As it would be so minute that it cant be extracted or it might reach a place where it would not be feasible to take it out. Once i met an Officer who had like 6-7 pieces inside him and i remember teasing him that how can he pass the metal detector at the airports!:lol: Now if you meet the big bad-a$$ splinter, it definitely would cut you in halves so the story ends there and then!

5. Very high terminal velocity, the shrapnel have a scary velocity and when combined with its mass (as compared to a 7.62/5.56 mm bullet), it would play havoc with your body!

xeric you just made me look like an idiot.:P I'm aware of how guns work mate!

Sorry bro i never knew that you had the knowledge or may be it was because of some thick-heads that i have met in the past. Actually even some artillery officers shy making out the difference between the gun end and the target end theory, especially when it comes to ballistics and its sub-categories, so i was not sure how 'accustomed' you were:tup:

artillery may not be that effective in a BUA due to the obvious reasons, but then we also don't have drones and sat imagery (for the airforce) to target with pin point accuracy. Yes the airforce does it best when it comes to PGMs but that's something to be made use of when things get clearer as a particular battle progresses.

I suggest that we use these.

GP1 152/155mm Laser-Guided Projectile - SinoDefence.com

The chinese do make 155mm laser guided shells.It has a range of 20 km.It may be expensive(it would be cheaper than hellfire) but it is accurate and can be used to target TTP commanders by using UAVs like Falcos with a laser designating pod.It can serve the purpose until we have our own armed UAVS.

Aoa,
Dear All New episode will be on Dawn news tomorrow at 7:00pm and repeat teleast will be on wednesday at 11:00pm so stay tuned on 04 July and 08 July..................
Regards:pakistan::victory::sniper:

any body watching it right now............?
Please Record it i got a prob with net

I saw it today.

It was about SSG navy and marines. It was good but it clearly needed some more material(They had a 3-4 min clip of Normandy assault from saving private Ryan). I did not like the western music. They also showed SSG weapons like steyr sniper rifles(there were two,one was SSG 69 and the other was either Steyr-Mannlicher SSG 08 or SSG 04 as the presenter said it can carry ten bullets in its magazine), FN minimi, M4s e.t.c . I never knew that Steyr AUG can float in water.They showed ship boarding VBSS exercise. They also showed Marines using hovercraft.

A second part on SSG(N) and the marines will be shown on next saturday

Last edited:
We Are Soldiers - Pakistan Military - Episode 4:

www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=255D08A48849817C

Hello Mods,

I just want to post links to the latest episodes of We are Soldiers every week but the restriction of at least 15 posts before posting links is creating problems for me. Please give me special permission to post links before 15 posts.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
5.56mm FN Minimie for the SSG/N...cannot go wrong with that type of a SAW. I hope SSG/A also get some!

this one was quite interesting. may be bec i dont know much about navy.

anyways i have got a question. in these exercises do they use rubber bullets? or do u just assume that you gonna achieve the targets. if these drills are conducted with the assumption of victory then wats the point? there should be an option of failin as well

What you saw there was not an exercise, rather a demonstration put on by the units for the Dawn documentary. Usually in exercises, they have opposing side which thinks, calculates and adjusts its tactics etc. as the enemy would.

The fact that you have cameras showing the opposition is a tell-tale sign that these are put on for the program. Real exercises are much more complex and if large enough then umpired.

What you saw there was not an exercise, rather a demonstration put on by the units for the Dawn documentary. Usually in exercises, they have opposing side which thinks, calculates and adjusts its tactics etc. as the enemy would.

The fact that you have cameras showing the opposition is a tell-tale sign that these are put on for the program. Real exercises are much more complex and if large enough then umpired.

so if a camp is being raded then those defending the camp get equal chance to keep it under their control?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom