What's new

We Apologise to Muslims : Danish Newspaper

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Danish paper apologises for printing Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) cartoon

A Danish newspaper has apologised for any offence caused when it reprinted a cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad with a bomb-shaped turban in 2008.

Politiken said it was apologising as part of a settlement with Muslim groups in the Middle East and Australia.

Other Danish newspapers criticised Politiken for its move.

Twelve cartoons of Muhammad were initially published in 2006, sparking widespread protests by Muslims in various countries.

Politiken - and other papers - republished one in 2008 when police uncovered an alleged plot to kill cartoonist Kurt Westergaard.
Politiken's pathetic prostrating before a Saudi lawyer takes the first prize in stupidity
Joern Mikkelse
Editor-in-chief of Jyllands-Posten

Editor-in-chief Toeger Seidenfaden said on Friday: "We apologise to anyone who was offended by our decision to reprint the cartoon drawing."

He told the Associated Press (AP) news agency that the paper still had the right to publish.

"We have the right to print Kurt Westergaard's drawings, we have the right to print the original 12 drawings, we have the right to print all the caricatures in the world," he said.

"We apologise for the offence which the reprint has caused. That is what we apologise for."

The editor-in-chief of Jyllands-Posten, the paper which originally published the cartoons, was highly critical of Politiken.

Joern Mikkelse said: "Politiken's pathetic prostrating before a Saudi lawyer takes the first prize in stupidity."

In 2006 Jyllands-Posten apologised for the offence caused by the drawings, but other European media reprinted them.

Speech setback

Danish embassies were then attacked by Muslims around the world and dozens killed in riots.

On Friday, the Danish Union of Journalists described Politiken as "kneeling before opponents of the freedom of press."

Mr Westergaard expressed disappointment: "I fear this is a setback for the freedom of speech," AP reported him as saying.

He went into hiding after publication amid threats to his life, but emerged in 2009 saying he wanted to live as normal a life as possible.

His house has been heavily fortified and is under close police protection, but on 1 January 2010 a Somali man was charged with trying to kill him.

The suspect, was shot by police outside Mr Westergaard's home in the city of Aarhus after he allegedly broke into the house armed with an axe and a knife.

Police say the suspect, who denies the charge, has links with Somali Islamist militants.

BBC News - Danish paper apologises for printing Muhammad cartoon

Congrats to Our Muslim Brothers and Salute to Our Shaheeds in This Regard Specially Amir Cheema :pakistan:

Thanks.

900 Chuhay Kha kay Billi Chali Hajj Ko.

Danish products will not be used by muslims world over. This apology is an eye wash.

Fighter
Yeah right, Lurpak butter is heavily used everywhere in Dubai. The real trouble is, that Europe is evidently super Islamophobic or bigoted or racist or just plain dangerous for Muslims.

There was one thing when these Cartoons were the act of private organizations and individuals, but these days Official legislation is out persecute Muslims - Most prominently in France and the Swiss Minaret ban...

if you kill a man and then say i apologize, will your crime be forgiven?

We Muslims Eemaan has been weakened otherwise we should have taken better steps to avoid such embarrasement from all over the world.

900 Chuhay Kha kay Billi Chali Hajj Ko.

Danish products will not be used by muslims world over. This apology is an eye wash.

Fighter

yes as the editor said in the same news that they reserve the rights to re-print the drawings

Its a good step.Looks like they are running for there lives.
May ALLAH BLESS THE LOVERS OF HIS PROPHET SAW.

oh man Our leaders should suicide

they kept publishing the cartoons and they couldn't do anything?

Lanat hai Poori duniya ke Musalmaan leaders per

Yeah right, Lurpak butter is heavily used everywhere in Dubai. The real trouble is, that Europe is evidently super Islamophobic or bigoted or racist or just plain dangerous for Muslims.

There was one thing when these Cartoons were the act of private organizations and individuals, but these days Official legislation is out persecute Muslims - Most prominently in France and the Swiss Minaret ban...

In France there are some racist people but a minority
Indeed since the new president... he couldn't hide he is anti Islam . He is saying about french identity talks... but it turns to say Islam is not a religion compatible with the republic and democracy, except if
all women don't wear scarf even a political communist is insulted because she wears a scarf
indeed french have bad opinion over Islam due to bad pictures given on news .
and many sadly didn't understand anthing about islam. for some scarf is symbol of slavery of woman;lol

i like this country and all respect in the life of every day here
french are not bad people
but politics are very ... no word to say all bullshit words they have
time to think from "muslim" countries to say something about it

but when i read about swiss and danish, i think here we live far more happy for respect matter ;)

its not Muslims to grant u pardon,ask to God almighty

Last edited:
Our family personally knows Sir Cheema's family, my brother and his wife are their next door neighbours. Mashallah this is a great success, i called my brother to tell him this news he was very happy :cheers:

Thanks for sharing Black Blood, awesome posts as always :cheers:

Well well , they have asked for Pardon but It is entirely upto us what to decide.

At least I wont buy any Danish made Item in my Whole Life !

Indeed since the new president... he couldn't hide he is anti Islam .

Sarkozy is half Jewish.

60% of French people oppose Turkey's inclusion in EU because it is a Muslim country. The head-scarf ban was supported by a majority of French voters. (The laws bans Muslim headscarfs, but allows small crosses and star-of-David pendants.)

France and Germany are the two staunchest opponents of Turkish entry into EU. Ironically, Greece is one of the strongest supporters of Turkey in this matter.

if you kill a man and then say i apologize, will your crime be forgiven?

We Muslims Eemaan has been weakened otherwise we should have taken better steps to avoid such embarrasement from all over the world.

I am really at a loss to say what is right and what is wrong in this case.
You cannot equate cartoons with killing. And the fact is a Dutch filmguy was killed for the same reason (different incident) by a Muslim. Should the killer be forgiven? The Danish are only apologizing because of the terror that the muslims have unleashed and this is what is giving them a bad name. This can be compared to the MF husain thread that is still alive in this forum.

In France there are some racist people but a minority
Indeed since the new president... he couldn't hide he is anti Islam . He is saying about french identity talks... but it turns to say Islam is not a religion compatible with the republic and democracy, except if
all women don't wear scarf even a political communist is insulted because she wears a scarf
indeed french have bad opinion over Islam due to bad pictures given on news .
and many sadly didn't understand anthing about islam. for some scarf is symbol of slavery of woman;lol

i like this country and all respect in the life of every day here
but politics are very ... no word to say all bullshit words they have
time to think from "muslim" countries to say something about it

but when i read about swiss and danish, i think here we live far more happy for respect matter ;)

Lurpak is a small part of danish economy, their expertise lies in high precision engineering equipment and their economy is larger than pakistan's currently. They have a population of about 5 mil.

Back
Top Bottom