What's new

Ways of improving India-Bangladesh bilateral relations?

Not to flame/blame anyone...

Is a healthy Indo-BD relations in the interest of pak? or Does pak Covertly/Overtly will do anything to jeopardize the relations ?

there is always a chance that Pak and china may sabotage this. but,
before anything happen BD have to overcome its mistrust of india.

And believe me there are plenty of reasons for this mistrust.

BD citizen is not taking over India. Its BJP and VHP syndrome taking over your mind. You complete your fencing and electrifying them and its your business. And dont worry about the global warming. We have our backup plans. BD land is rising in a faster rate than Sea itself. If you had time just go and study Ganges delta geology and how this land was created.

Lets not denying the fact. Yes, there was a big settlement of BD people in Assam and other part of india. But that is not as big as mentioned in indias politics and media.

Also, it was not done by the military as claimed by india so called statigic think tank.

Lets not denying the fact. Yes, there was a big settlement of BD people in Assam and other part of india.

Please be careful when you make blanket statement like this. Any settlement that happened that was part of 1947 partition. Do you have any proof of Bangladeshi (post independent) settlement in Assam or any other part of india???

For Bengali speaking indians life is under constant threat of insurgents and indian govt. Economic situation and lively hood in general is much harder than in Bangladesh. Why on earth any Bangladeshi will try to settle on Assam???

Besides, for hundreds of years hindus in Assam, Sylhet region converted to Islam in mass to escape from hindu repressive practices. That is still happening to date. Be mindful when indians try to deceive people with cooked up stats of hindu population decrease.

Bangladesh just signed a treaty with Nepal which proposes sealed container. BD is only entitled to check the seal not to inspect inside the container. But the treaty forbids transport of any firearms, antiques, and drugs etc.
We may use that as a base for future treaty with India.
I also dont think unarmed container needs inspection by army. Our customs official and hightech scanner machines can do the job.
Security matters are in the hands of army. Everything cannot be done on good faith only. Army must have the prerogative to do the security checkings. If it is hightech scanner, then also it should be done by our security forces. We are not EU. Better we do not go after a trojan horse. I expect people here not to speak on political Party lines, but as a common citizen of a free country.

India itself is the biggest terrorist group that terrorizing Bangladesh and rest of the neighboring nation. Asking for Indian help would be shaking hand with devil himself.

Is that the reason, Bangladesh economy is compare to African countries?

:usflag::coffee::pop:

Is that the reason, Bangladesh economy is compare to African countries?

Are you still a school kid, desiGuy? If not, talk like an adult. When millions of your countrymen go for open latrine under the open sky, people earn less than $1 per day, thousands of people die of starvation in Orissa, when you can touch animals, but not your fellow citizens, you come here to compare BD with African countries! Educate yourself, you DALIT, educate yourself.

Do not you really remember that only a few months ago your Rahul and Priyanka both visited our glorious country to see the social sector development? In your opinion, they should both have visited Africa, then. How pathetic you may be.

Shame on you and your JAT PAT infested India. African countries are doing much better than your India. India minus IT is much lower than Africa in every social points. Have you ever visited Africa? I did it a few times. I also know what India is, I had been there.

Do never boast about that unhygenic country where everyone has either TB, AIDS or cancer. Come to BD to see before making further outrageous comments or ask your two great Congress leaders for their opinion about BD. Improve first your social sectors to the BD level, then boast. India remains a giant with clay feet.

@Eastwatch. First of all see the reply of desiguy. What he quoted.

DesiGuy, following is a clip from Bangladesh Economy thread in this Forum. Sending herewith for you to read and appreciate. Also, read all the economic news about BD in that thread before you make further derogatory comments about BD.
======================================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_pawn
Per capita income increases
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka

Despite decrease in the Gross Domestic Product, the per capita income increased in the 2008-09 fiscal year, ended on June 30.
The latest data of the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistic shows per capita income rises to US690 dollars at the end of June this year, which was US608 dollars in 2007-08 financial year.
‘The per capita income rises due to the increase in the remittance inflow and export earning,’ said economist professor Abu Ahmed.
Besides, he said the GDP declined slightly last year, but growth in agriculture sector was positive, which also helped increase per capita income.
According to the BBS statistic, the per capita income in local currency was Taka 47,373 and the population was 14.42 crore in the 2008-09 financial year.
The statistic also showed law inflation during the period, which was a major contributory factor to the increase in the per capita income.
The point-to-point inflation decreased to a six-year low of 2.25 in the end of June. Earlier in 2003, the country saw the lowest 2 per cent inflation on point-to-point basis. The inflation, however rose to a record high of 11 per cent in January 2008, according the BBS statistics.
==================================================

Originaslly posted by eastwatch.
Thanks white_pawn for posting the article. I had this one in my computer memory, but somehow I lost it.

The US$690 per capita income is small, but when multiplied with the number of population, which stands at 144.2 million, the Gross National Income (GNI) becomes $99.498 billion. Compare this nearly 100 billion dollar GNI with the 1971 GDP, when we fought out of an union with Pakistan. The GDP was only 10 billion dollar and the per capita GDP was only $130.

With so many infrastructural and industrial projects now either undertaken or in the planning stage, it is only a matter of time when our GDP will grow double digit every year. A 10 year preparation time is required to reach that stage. A 10% growth per year means doubling the economy in only seven years.

Govt has decided to remove bottlenecks that hamper all other development efforts. Inadequacy in electricity production and absence of a number of long bridges over big rivers are two of these bottlenecks. Another bottleneck is the absence of a deep seaport. All these are being taken care of.

When the deep seaport is built at a cost of $10 billion, it will serve not only BD, but also many Indian east coast ports including Kolkata, and its almost landlocked NE as well as Yunan province of China, Nepal, Bhutan and hopefully Burma. Indeed, the new port will be very busy.

At present, the oceangoing large ships carry goods to Singapore, where the goods are transhipped via smaller ships to the respective ports. Large ships cannot enter even most of the Indian seaports. Neither the sea is deep nor the ports have the needed facilities in those ports. After the construction, the Chittagong deep seaport will take over many of the jobs now undertaken by Singapore.

BD still has an image problem, but it will go away in due time. Even with this bad image, BD has been receiving orders to build small and medium ships from european countries like Germany, Holland and Denmark. Shipbuilding will pull up the BD GDP.

Germany alone has ordered US$355 million worth of ships to this country. Yes, we are a country that started with ship breaking but is now building nice looking ships for the european countries.

BD wants to remain a moderate Muslim country, where religious fanaticism is not championed. We believe the country's development can only come through education and hard labour, and not through the barrels of guns.

Many govts of the developed world have opened their markets for 'Made in Bangladersh' products so that BD shuns away from guns, can keep on developing and rise up the ladder. We truly appreciate their cooperation.

Are you still a school kid, desiGuy? If not, talk like an adult. When millions of your countrymen go for open latrine under the open sky, people earn less than $1 per day, thousands of people die of starvation in Orissa, when you can touch animals, but not your fellow citizens, you come here to compare BD with African countries! Educate yourself, you DALIT, educate yourself.

Do not you really remember that only a few months ago your Rahul and Priyanka both visited our glorious country to see the social sector development? In your opinion, they should both have visited Africa, then. How pathetic you may be.

Shame on you and your JAT PAT infested India. African countries are doing much better than your India. India minus IT is much lower than Africa in every social points. Have you ever visited Africa? I did it a few times. I also know what India is, I had been there.

Do never boast about that unhygenic country where everyone has either TB, AIDS or cancer. Come to BD to see before making further outrageous comments or ask your two great Congress leaders for their opinion about BD. Improve first your social sectors to the BD level, then boast. India remains a giant with clay feet.

cool dude, i know about Indian problems, as well as it's progress in 60 years. agree, India has poverty. but it has also millionaire people unlike BD.
India has much more important place in the world than Bangladesh, (no offense), but it's fact.

Do you trust Indian leaders? hahah.
last thing, stop thinking about Indian problems, and start thinking about BD problems, as BD is not a heaven, or even close to that.

i personally don't hate BD, but sometimes, you know.

Go here, for more info,

Bangladesh's economy: No hiding place | The Economist

cool dude, i know about Indian problems, as well as it's progress in 60 years. agree, India has poverty. but it has also millionaire people unlike BD.
India has much more important place in the world than Bangladesh, (no offense), but it's fact.

Do you trust Indian leaders? hahah.
last thing, stop thinking about Indian problems, and start thinking about BD problems, as BD is not a heaven, or even close to that.

i personally don't hate BD, but sometimes, you know.

Go here, for more info,

Bangladesh's economy: No hiding place | The Economist

Indian economy is not the concern; concern is ignorant indians who read delhi based report and think they know about Bangladesh. But that does not exclude the fact india has more than 400 million people living under poverty line. So before commenting on Bangladesh economy feed indians.

As always indians are only interested in bully and hegemony. Any indian talk of "improving relation" is only under indian hegemonic control.

Please be careful when you make blanket statement like this. Any settlement that happened that was part of 1947 partition. Do you have any proof of Bangladeshi (post independent) settlement in Assam or any other part of india???

For Bengali speaking indians life is under constant threat of insurgents and indian govt. Economic situation and lively hood in general is much harder than in Bangladesh. Why on earth any Bangladeshi will try to settle on Assam???

Besides, for hundreds of years hindus in Assam, Sylhet region converted to Islam in mass to escape from hindu repressive practices. That is still happening to date. Be mindful when indians try to deceive people with cooked up stats of hindu population decrease.

Ok..so the muslim population has increased drastically in only one part of India cos only in one part of India Hindus are converting to Islam?..it is not logical.

Illegal immigration has probably reduced a lot nowadays as now the BSF shoots to kill on people attempting to cross the border.But this was not the case for a long time.

Indian economy is not the concern; concern is ignorant indians who read delhi based report and think they know about Bangladesh. But that does not exclude the fact india has more than 400 million people living under poverty line. So before commenting on Bangladesh economy feed indians.

As always indians are only interested in bully and hegemony. Any indian talk of "improving relation" is only under indian hegemonic control.

For a 'change', about two weeks ago me and my friends have mailed Mr.Raman Srivastava DG of BSF about the unfortunate events taking place at the BD border. Ohh.. thats just a mail....keep bashing us.

For a 'change', about two weeks ago me and my friends have mailed Mr.Raman Srivastava DG of BSF about the unfortunate events taking place at the BD border. Ohh.. thats just a mail....keep bashing us.

If the border is not sealed India is in for a world of trouble.It is unfortunate but the BSF rough tactics are what is necessary.

here in the US..the border guards are even afraid to shoot in self defense so the border with Mexico is completely open.It is a recipe for disaster.

If the border is not sealed India is in for a world of trouble.It is unfortunate but the BSF rough tactics are what is necessary.

here in the US..the border guards are even afraid to shoot in self defense so the border with Mexico is completely open.It is a recipe for disaster.

Because USA do not want more enemy, especially with a country that has border with it.

Back
Top Bottom