What's new

Ways of improving India-Bangladesh bilateral relations?

Guys this is my 1000th post.

Because i dont want to waste this special post on anything other than friendship i decided to chose this thread as it is a constructive topic. In this joyfull moment i would like to make a toast for South Asian unity.It may not happen soon but am sure it will happen one day.Join me in this moment. mods are welcome too.

to the bright future of South Asia......cheers!!!!

0f4dd206eff76e4558b56ef91c07c35c.gif

For India.

1) Let the water flows in BD's river.
2) Give our Talpotti back.
3) Stop killing civilians by BSF.
4) Remove all non tariff barier so that our goods can find its market in India.
5) Settle maritime boundary.
6) Stop anti BD propaganda.
7) Improve attitude towards Bengali speaking community in Assam.
8) Stop Push in Bengali speaking people in Bangladesh.

For Bangladesh.
1) Pay attention to Indian concern in terrorism.
2) Increase people to people contact and allow investment from India in special economic zone.
3) Open up Chittagong and Deep sea port.
4) Allow rail transit for India.
5) Allow tran shipment for Indian goods. (No to Indian vehicle entering to BD due to security concern)
6) Joint Naval exercise in Bay of Bengal and Indian ocean.

As this are your suggestion, I would like to add mine few to make it balance with each other.

Demand of land will not solve Issue. There are some permanent land issues which British leaved on us without concerning the future. Probably Both should aggression and Should maintain status quo and should declare is International Border.

For Killing of Civilians. I agree that civilians are killed but any act of illegal border crossing is not viable. It would be better if BDR could teach or educate border surrounding people not to cross borders. Rather than killing it's better they are arrested and given 5-10 year imprisonment.

As you have mention about traiffs, even Traiffs for Indian Goods in BD should also be removed.

Most Important point is Water. I think Bangladesh do need water but India do need so. Our lot of water go away in sea. To stop wastage, India is planning for River-Joining Project. If it goes successful, India would be able to share fair amount of water.

Bangladesh

1. The massive mandate for change given to the Awami League
by the voters presents an opportunity for India to work
towards a better relationship with Bangladesh which
stagnated during the BNP-led government.

2. From India’s point of view the key issues are illegal migration
from Bangladesh, the presence of IIGs in Bangladesh, the
lack of transit facilities through Bangladesh, the involvement
of HuJI cadres in terrorist incidents in India.

3. From Bangladesh’s point of view the main grievances are
the adverse balance of trade, non-trading barriers, water
sharing, non-ratification of Indira-Mujib Accord, unresolved
question of enclaves and adverse possessions.

4. India should walk the extra mile in resolving the outstanding
issues with Bangladesh during the tenure of the Awami
League government. Issues related to non-tariff barriers
should be resolved expeditiously.

5. We should initiate steps to exchange adverse possessions
and settle the land and maritime borders early.

6. We should persuade the Bangladeshi government to take
action against the IIGs based on Bangladeshi soil as well as
Islamic fundamentalists.

7. We should deal with the illegal migration problem ourselves
by strengthening the border fence, issuing identity cards to
the Indian population on the border and by issuing work
permits to economic migrants.

^^^
The key standpoints in my view:

India:
1. Resolve water problems with BD amicably.
2. Settling of maritime boundary.
3. Improve Trade.

Bangladesh
1. Take steps to stop illegal migration into india.
2. Together fight against terror groups/camps in BD.

India being a key player in helping BD gain its Independence, and with a friendly govt in BD, it shouldn't be a difficult task for the govt's to take steps in this regard to create a mutual trust and friendship.:cheers:

a quest... is a healthy indo-BD relations in the interests of pak? or does Pak govt will take steps overtly/covertly to jeopardize the Indo-BD relations ?:unsure:

Guys this is my 1000th post.

Because i dont want to waste this special post on anything other than friendship i decided to chose this thread as it is a constructive topic. In this joyfull moment i would like to make a toast for South Asian unity.It may not happen soon but am sure it will happen one day.Join me in this moment. mods are welcome too.

to the bright future of South Asia......cheers!!!!

0f4dd206eff76e4558b56ef91c07c35c.gif
Congratulatins for sending your 1000th post and double congratulations for selecting the captioned thread on that occassion.

India:

Border issues:disputed lands,land encroachment by BSF, return small pieces(chars) breaking off and other adversely possed lands to BD,fencing within their territory.Checking in BSF unneeded aggression.Also finding a permanent solution for enclaves.

water issues:No Tipaimukh followed by a solution to the problems caused by the Farakka;building canals etc. to bring more water to BD.

Trade issues:easing measures for BD businessmen;giving us transit in exchange for transit to NE Indian states and the ports.

Bangladesh:
Border issues:Checking in illegal migration and trade(I guess that also involves cattle).Return chars(pieces of land breaking off from mainland) and other adversely possed lands to India in exchange of ours.Finding a solution of the enclaves.

Security: Prevent militants from using BD(if they ever do,I am still skeptic) as a base to attack India.

Trade:giving transit facilities in exchange for access to nepal and Bhutan.

I think resolving border and water issues alone will solve 90 per cent of the problems.

India:

Border issues:disputed lands,land encroachment by BSF, return small pieces(chars) breaking off and other adversely possed lands to BD,fencing within their territory.Checking in BSF unneeded aggression.Also finding a permanent solution for enclaves.

water issues:No Tipaimukh followed by a solution to the problems caused by the Farakka;building canals etc. to bring more water to BD.

Trade issues:easing measures for BD businessmen;giving us transit in exchange for transit to NE Indian states and the ports.

Bangladesh:
Border issues:Checking in illegal migration and trade(I guess that also involves cattle).Return chars(pieces of land breaking off from mainland) and other adversely possed lands to India in exchange of ours.Finding a solution of the enclaves.

Security: Prevent militants from using BD(if they ever do,I am still skeptic) as a base to attack India.

Trade:giving transit facilities in exchange for access to nepal and Bhutan.

I think resolving border and water issues alone will solve 90 per cent of the problems.

I sincerely welcome your suggestion. From my view of point border, water and illegal migration are core for improving friendship.

For India.

1) Let the water flows in BD's river.
2) Give our Talpotti back.
3) Stop killing civilians by BSF.
4) Remove all non tariff barier so that our goods can find its market in India.
5) Settle maritime boundary.
6) Stop anti BD propaganda.
7) Improve attitude towards Bengali speaking community in Assam.
8) Stop Push in Bengali speaking people in Bangladesh.

For Bangladesh.
1) Pay attention to Indian concern in terrorism.
2) Increase people to people contact and allow investment from India in special economic zone.
3) Open up Chittagong and Deep sea port.
4) Allow rail transit for India.
5) Allow tran shipment for Indian goods. (No to Indian vehicle entering to BD due to security concern)
6) Joint Naval exercise in Bay of Bengal and Indian ocean.
Agree with some of the points you have noted for both the countries. However, I have reservation on 4) Allow rail transit for India, in the subtitle of 'For Bangladesh.'

What is your proposal, is it for passenger, freight or both? If it is passenger transit facility, then the Indians can now come to Kamlapur by Moitree Express, ride another train, go to Akhaura and then cross the border to Tripura. So, the passenger transit facilities are already there.

As for freight trains, I propose controlled 'Transshipment' facilities instead of a thorough transit. It means sealed containers are transfered for pulling by OUR train locomotives after a thorough inspection by the BD military & civilian officials at the selected border terminals, the train goes to the other side of the country and deliver the containers to the Indian authority at a pre-determined border terminal.

However, Bangladesh military must have the authority to make at least one security inspection in between two end points.

Agree with some of the points you have noted for both the countries. However, I have reservation on 4) Allow rail transit for India, in the subtitle of 'For Bangladesh.'

What is your proposal, is it for passenger, freight or both? If it is passenger transit facility, then the Indians can now come to Kamlapur by Moitree Express, ride another train, go to Akhaura and then cross the border to Tripura. So, the passenger transit facilities are already there.

As for freight trains, I propose controlled 'Transshipment' facilities instead of a thorough transit. It means sealed containers are transfered for pulling by OUR train locomotives after a thorough inspection by the BD military & civilian officials at the selected border terminals, the train goes to the other side of the country and deliver the containers to the Indian authority at a pre-determined border terminal.

However, Bangladesh military must have the authority to make at least one security inspection in between two end points.

No Problem should arise in that. Inspection should not :flame: harm the formula.

absolutely...

everything works when there is trust and sincerity...

Not to flame/blame anyone...

Is a healthy Indo-BD relations in the interest of pak? or Does pak Covertly/Overtly will do anything to jeopardize the relations ?

Bangladesh just signed a treaty with Nepal which proposes sealed container. BD is only entitled to check the seal not to inspect inside the container. But the treaty forbids transport of any firearms, antiques, and drugs etc.
We may use that as a base for future treaty with India.
I also dont think unarmed container needs inspection by army. Our customs official and hightech scanner machines can do the job.

Eventually we have to come to a agreement like giving free access to india for benefit of both of us. But, I believe ball is in indias court.

Looking at the point of view of a small neighbor, india need to to improve its attitude towards its smaller neighbors at least. and we the smaller neighbors have to over come our mistrust of india.

A handshake requires two willing hand.

Back
Top Bottom