What's new

Water for sex: What price women and girls are paying? - BBC URDU

International Aid = Rich people taking money from poor people in rich countries and giving to rich people of poor countries.
it's inevitable, but something will be for the poor, at least to pretend a little and keep receiving more.

It's not a African problem, it's whole world problem. I think it's better send material help than money help, although even that can be sold and send the money to the rich.

That seems to be the least efficient and reliable way to accomplish anything, let alone such monumental tasks. Taxes were being paid for all 75 years of our history. The last time a major Dam got built was in the 60s. So, it's not a taxation issue. It's a priorities issue

I am hoping against hope that the next govt sees to this issue on war footing. We are not far from this situation in Kenya.
We as the public need to demand the construction of this dam while continuing to taxes. Paying taxes is a must. The problem with us Pakistanis is that we are cultists. Instead of demanding the policies we want, we turn our favourite leader into a cult leader and start considering him/her as our messiah. This cultist behaviour and messiah complex needs to go away as soon as possible. Look at the French, they are protesting as hard as they can and more importantly, they are doing it because a certain bill was passed that they are strongly against not because their favourite leader isn't in power. Also, it is never too late to build this dam. You should watch this podcast, it will answer a lot of your questions. Click the link below.

Thank you. From when it was announced, up until a couple days ago, I was sending a very small donation daily to the Dam Fund because I am very passionate about water scarcity. But I read news that these PDM fuckers are going to introduce a bill in parliament to repurpose those funds for flood relief, which we all know means what. Now that was a waste and that dam too isn't getting built.
They cant its not the tax money ... It can be easily challenged in court

They cant its not the tax money ... It can be easily challenged in court
But, I am assuming there has to be some rules to ensure every public institution can't go around running ad campaigns and collecting private funds.

But, I am assuming there has to be some rules to ensure every public institution can't go around running ad campaigns and collecting private funds.
Who are you to decide ? If some individual want to give someone a volutary contribution then who the hell are you or who the hell is government to stop them or stop that institution and department? After all its a welfare project for people of Pakistan

Who are you to decide ? If some individual want to give someone a volutary contribution then who the hell are you or who the hell is government to stop them or stop that institution and department? After all its a welfare project for people of Pakistan
I am a big proponent of dams. I also supported this dam fund. I am just saying that there are probably rules for this kind of stuff so govt departments don't engage in these pursuits will nilly and focus on their core responsibilities. We've seen this with the military.

I am a big proponent of dams. I also supported this dam fund. I am just saying that there are probably rules for this kind of stuff so govt departments don't engage in these pursuits will nilly and focus on their core responsibilities. We've seen this with the military.
Cant u understand difference between social work and interfering with others business ?

Chief justice didnt start making dam he just collected donations for benefit of nation...

Army control others for personal benefits

Cant u understand difference between social work and interfering with others business ?

Chief justice didnt start making dam he just collected donations for benefit of nation...

Army control others for personal benefits
Army also started in the guise of serviceman welfare.
What's to stop the CJP to enrich himself or his institution?

Coz they are not powerful enough like army and cant go beyond constitution unlike army
That statement would have worked any other time in Pakistan's history :lol:
Half the SC is actively abetting in the abrogation of constitution right now.

I hope your statement holds when Faiz Esa gets into the hot seat. He's going to be the biggest nightmare for IK.

Iftikhar Ch. sure had an eye for talent (pun intended)

Back
Top Bottom