What's new

Water for sex: What price women and girls are paying? - BBC URDU

Give sadiqa jariya, so people can have access to water.
Thank you. From when it was announced, up until a couple days ago, I was sending a very small donation daily to the Dam Fund because I am very passionate about water scarcity. But I read news that these PDM fuckers are going to introduce a bill in parliament to repurpose those funds for flood relief, which we all know means what. Now that was a waste and that dam too isn't getting built.

Thank you. From when it was announced, up until a couple days ago, I was sending a very small donation daily to the Dam Fund because I am very passionate about water scarcity. But I read news that these PDM fuckers are going to introduce a bill in parliament to repurpose those funds for flood relief, which we all know means what. Now that was a waste and that dam too isn't getting built.
This dam fund was a scam from the start. More money was spent on the ad campaigns for this dam fund than the amount that was collected for it.

Last edited:
It's better to donate to trustworthy organizations like Alkhidmat Foundation and Edhi Foundation.
Yes, but those orgs do general charity.

Would you recommend any that are focused on water scarcity and awareness?

When you give money to a developing country, first the ruling elite of country gets the money and if there is something left, then it's for the poor.

This happen everywhere, but in developed countries elites have so much money that they dont need to steal more.

Unfortunately, I don't know any. Unless you can create a startup to fix this problem in some way, the best thing that you can do about dealing with water scarcity is to pay taxes.
That seems to be the least efficient and reliable way to accomplish anything, let alone such monumental tasks. Taxes were being paid for all 75 years of our history. The last time a major Dam got built was in the 60s. So, it's not a taxation issue. It's a priorities issue

I am hoping against hope that the next govt sees to this issue on war footing. We are not far from this situation in Kenya.

When you give money to a developing country, first the ruling elite of country gets the money and if there is something left, then it's for the poor.

This happen everywhere, but in developed countries elites have so much money that they dont need to steal more.
International Aid = Rich people taking money from poor people in rich countries and giving to rich people of poor countries.

Back
Top Bottom