What's new

Water crisis in the subcontinent

there is nothing wrong in that if your own citizens need it for survival.

only if it is done with the sole purpose of punishing the another nation its wrong.

Do you think it would be unfair to re-route water, from say the Ganges, to the plains of Northern China? If it was necessary?

Personally I think water is TOO important to be involved in any conflicts.

Do you think it would be unfair to re-route water, from say the Ganges, to the plains of Northern China? If it was necessary?

Actually there is some indication that water will be the oil of the new century.

Thank god the Ganga doesn't originate in China :D

The Topic is "Water crisis in the subcontinent". How is it remotely relevant to china.

Do you think Tibet is part of sub-continent

Actually yes. Barring the Ganges and Yamuna all the big rivers in northern part of the Subcontinent like Indus, Brahmaputra originate in Tibet.

Thank god the Ganga doesn't originate in China :D

That is what Wikipedia says.

Tibet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Several major rivers have their source in the Tibetan Plateau (mostly in present-day Qinghai Province). These include Yangtze, Yellow River, Indus River, Mekong, Ganges, Salween and the Yarlung Zangbo River (Brahmaputra River).[58] The Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon, along the Yarlung Zangbo River, is among the deepest and longest canyons in the world.

Probably wrong to trust wiki (obviously) but do you have any source that shows it originates from elsewhere? Tibet is the highest point, it makes sense for the original water to come from there.

It will cause unprecedented environmental disaster. Say "cloud burst" like we witnessed in Tibet, Kashmir, pakistan or earth quakes.

Back
Top Bottom