What's new

Wasim Akram magic - - Beyond comprehension

dude, that ball changed trajectory so sharp between 2 frames that it could't have been anything but an edge.

i'll agree that its not conclusive, but you can choose to believe in magic instead of physics.

maybe some freak thing in the ball caused it to deviate that way, but i'd go with the edge as the more plausible explanation.

That is absolutely unwarranted. Let us enjoy the legend Wasim Akram is. There are a thousands of decisions that have gone against batsmen / bowlers from England, Australia, NZ etc too....

Also Wasim Akram got away with lots of no balls also, arguably more than any other bowler in the cricket history because of his action which blocked Umpire's view. Any true follower of test cricket can attest that fact. But to me he remains the best bowler of all time.

By bringing in racism for as hard a decision as was shown on that video clip we are only making a fool of ourselves.

Regards,
Anoop

sorry to say u how he block the view off umpire to give no bowls and no cricketing pundit ever say wasim is big no bowler yes ho bowled alot of wide balls because of swing most of times he missed hi wickets because of umpires but some time he got lbw which were not the lbw

From the grainy youtube video it looked like an inside edge. the ball couldnt have deviated that much.

sorry to say u how he block the view off umpire to give no bowls and no cricketing pundit ever say wasim is big no bowler yes ho bowled alot of wide balls because of swing most of times he missed hi wickets because of umpires but some time he got lbw which were not the lbw

I have seen enough replays to justify what I said. Some of the followers of cricket from Pakistan will agree to what I said there. And yes, many commentators have said that.

Let me reiterate, that does not take away anything from Wasim Akram. To me he is the greatest bowler ever. I have followed test cricket for over 2 decades now. I do not watch ODIs or T-20. I only watch Test cricket. If you ask me to give you some links to prove my point, I will not be able to.... 1.) Because I do not have the time to dig up those videos as they are not so common. 2.) I will concede to you that you are right rather than arguing about it.

:)

Regards,
Anoop.

dude, that ball changed trajectory so sharp between 2 frames that it could't have been anything but an edge.

i'll agree that its not conclusive, but you can choose to believe in magic instead of physics.

maybe some freak thing in the ball caused it to deviate that way, but i'd go with the edge as the more plausible explanation.

I can easily post some football videos for you, where you will feel the magic. The question is "do we understand phyics and aerodynamics" so well that we can take for granted that the ball can not swing so wild?

Because if you say "we do understand the depth of physics to the level of PhDs," I will gladly put some videos for you. 1983 WC, Balwinder Sandhu's delivery to Gordon Greenidge may top the example by the way.

Regards,
Anoop.

I can easily post some football videos for you, where you will feel the magic. The question is "do we understand phyics and aerodynamics" so well that we can take for granted that the ball can not swing so wild?

Because if you say "we do understand the depth of physics to the level of PhDs," I will gladly put some videos for you. 1983 WC, Balwinder Sandhu's delivery to Gordon Greenidge may top the example by the way.

Regards,
Anoop.

to each his own.

Regarding Wasmin Akram's no ball issue, it is very true that he had a problem with his steping. I happened to meet Professor Ikram Rabbani in Riyadh KSA, he was teaching Pak studies in the Pakistan Intl. school in Riyadh and has authored the Pak Sudies book which most of the O-Level students in Pakistan use. Surprisingly for me Mr. Rabbani was an ex-international umpire and was one of the umpires in the 1996 WC held in sub-continent. He told me a few stories about the matches he had officated in and importantly pointed out that Wasim Akram used to be marginaly behind the crease most of the time and umpires where very carefull to check his foot when he bowled.

the way things are going, we can now only look back at the 'glorious past' and shake our heads and :cry:

the way things are going, we can now only look back at the 'glorious past' and shake our heads and :cry:

You don't need to. Bowlers like Wasim Akram are not born everyday, otherwise he wouldn't be as special as he is. There is always a cycle and as I said, Wasim Akram is God of bowling. Doubt there will ever be one like him.

Regards,
Anoop.

what a talent akram was .... i think we havent had a bowler ever in pakistans team.. liked the way gorays pronounced him ..""" Wazim akram""

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom