What's new

Why Pakistan cricket team's fielding has been poor traditionally?

Skimming

Reaction score
Country
India
Why Pakistan cricket team's fielding has been poor traditionally? Just what's the reason?

Bowlers like Wasim Akram were the ones to suffer due to it.

FB_IMG_1698200267247.jpg

Lack of physical fitness is a major reason. Look at their diet and fitness routine and compare with the likes of Kohli, Pandya and Jadeja.

Lack of physical fitness is a major reason. Look at their diet and fitness routine and compare with the likes of Kohli, Pandya and Jadeja.
Okay. How do you explain Pakistan's poor fielding in positions where running is not required? For example: slips. Poor fielding has been Pakistan cricket's tradition ever since it's inception. It is said that Wasim Akram would have taken 1000 wickets if Pakistan's fielding wasn't bad.

Why Pakistan cricket team's fielding has been poor traditionally? Just what's the reason?

Bowlers like Wasim Akram were the ones to suffer due to it.

This is a top item on the list: mind-freshness

too much nepotism and oily food lazyness plus rishwat to lose the ball.

there are much better pak talented cricketers but wont get chance just like with everything in pakistan this sport is supported b crooks and nepotism.

Okay. How do you explain Pakistan's poor fielding in positions where running is not required? For example: slips. Poor fielding has been Pakistan cricket's tradition ever since it's inception. It is said that Wasim Akram would have taken 1000 wickets if Pakistan's fielding wasn't bad.

Despite the passion, the people that govern cricket are rarely serious about it. Getting into the team is a lot about who you know, some players are picked because of their name not form, and the idea of discipline is lacking consistently. It's rare to see our boys put up good fielding displays. They know it's not taken seriously, as long as you're hitting runs, taking wickets and selling products.

It's just not cricket, you can watch Pakistanis in other sport too -- same story. I believe Pakistanis are not natural athletes. From the time I have watched cricket, I can literally name one good fielder in every team but not for Pakistan. When they do dive around, its almost like they have to think about it, it's not not organic.

They probably have poor PT in schools. While the rest of the world has moved over to lean meat and veggies, I think Pakistanis have made dalda and biryani their staple.

Sifarish, Corruption, Politics

Ramiz Raja was good PCB chairman. but replaced with Najam Sethi and then wih Zaka Ashraf due to Noon League political party, which is also notorious for corruption in the country and even abroad.

Imam ul Haq is due to his Uncle Inzamam.

Same is with other players.

This team seems only OK for T20, but not for ODI Cricket.

Not only fielding, overall performence is not good.

Too much politics in the cricket.
India did not send team for Asia Cup in Pakistan, But Pakistan sent team, reason seems Generals did not want two front wars with PTI and with India. So, may be they are pressurizing them to loose from India, and even asking them to show lower performence. I may be wrong. but it seems something is fishy.

Fitness is not just about being fast. It also increases the body's flexibility and sharpens reflexes.

Back
Top Bottom